Randomness

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby justTripn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:33 pm

This is too embarassing, so I can't make a thread title for this. Thus here it is in randomness:

Weird story challenge. I was thinking that I'd like to see more TnT stories with non-idealized sex scenes. Why? . . . Uh . . . I don't know. I can't talk about these thing, lol . . . OK, because real sex is better than pretend sex, so a dose of realism adds to the hottness? Because even bad sex is part of intimacy??? I don't know . . . :? Anyone? Help me here. :?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:29 pm

justTripn wrote:This is too embarassing, so I can't make a thread title for this. Thus here it is in randomness:

Weird story challenge. I was thinking that I'd like to see more TnT stories with non-idealized sex scenes. Why? . . . Uh . . . I don't know. I can't talk about these thing, lol . . . OK, because real sex is better than pretend sex, so a dose of realism adds to the hottness? Because even bad sex is part of intimacy??? I don't know . . . :? Anyone? Help me here. :?
This has been my thought for a long time. My own experience: it takes time to build up a relationship, also a sexual relationship. Your relationship also reflects you're being intimate, so I can see TnT having not so ideal sex. I have been thinking of a R-rated story where this come into play, if I ever get to writing it down.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:46 pm

Realistically Less Than Perfect Sex.

I think it's a great challenge. 8)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:11 pm

JT, what a different idea. Where ever did that come from?
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:17 pm

She already said she was embarrassed ... does it matter?

EDIT: I like realistically bad/realistically less-than-perfect sex because in the real world most couples have to cope with not always batting 1000.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:48 pm

This is where my virgin brain wonders that if two people have a solid emotional relationship and good communication, how can any sex be "bad" or less than ideal? Isn't the LOVE the element that makes sex truly wonderful?

PS I really DO NOT want an answer.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:13 pm

To answer your question as a married woman: yes. I always felt safe and loved, but let's say we got a lot to learn ;-) (and still learning). TnT didn't know always were they stood with each other and that could have an effect. Both come from different cultures with different attitudes and that also could have an effect. As for communication, boy, after almost 14 years of marriage we still working on that one. :lol:
Love is a verb.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:24 pm

WarpGirl wrote:This is where my virgin brain wonders that if two people have a solid emotional relationship and good communication, how can any sex be "bad" or less than ideal? Isn't the LOVE the element that makes sex truly wonderful?

PS I really DO NOT want an answer.

Uh . . . no, I can't talk about it. LOL . . .

OK, let me put it this way . . . (stealing from a comedian) . . . bad sex is like bad pizza. It's still pizza. That is, it's still pretty good! :lol:

So anyway, I'm suspicious of the extremely romantic ideal. For instance, I had my Trip doze off after the act right in the middle of a conversation with T'Pol. That type of thing. Do people have room to be themselves in a solid relationship? To not be optimal at all times? I hope so.

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:42 pm

It's definitely something fun to play with. :)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 am

jT I wasn't asking how you came up with it. I guess I wasn't clear. Now not knowing what sex is like I can't empirically say for sure, but IMHO, if you are loved, if the person you're married too cares more about you then himself/herself, if you love, if you care about him/her more than yourself, then sex is never going to be bad. Does that mean physical nirvana at all times? Of course not, but I'd say that if you have that kind of love there is no such thing as bad sex.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:12 am

Wg, in Harbinger neither Trip or T'POl declared love for one another (On screen, which is why I wish the writers had made the scene longer, showing TnT in bed after the act talking. Then they may have declared a love for one another) however, as it was T'Pol seduced Trip for reasons other than Love (suppposdely) she wanted to head off Cole and make Trip forget her. Which seemed to work as Cole ws never seen again.

Anyway, the Sex TnT had may hve been out of Love but it may not have been. So how a writer depicts it is how the writer belives the motive was for T'Pol.

Me? I think that there was a great unspoken Love between them and that when they talked after the act they declared that love. which is why Trip was (I belive) so shocked the next morning when she shut him down. He put the best face on it he could but he did look a little dazed when he left the table.

Sx on the wedding night is different than sex after ten years of marriage. Both are from love but on your wedding night it is all Rainbows and angels. Ten years later if is love for the other peoson who is so much a part of one.

Sex in and of itself is something else. One night stands and casual Sex. Sometimes not even knowing the name of your partner for the night. As one Nurse told me "I get an itch and go and and have it scratched"
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:24 am

Ah . . . isn't LOVE the element that makes it great? . . . No. Love is love and sex is sex, and great love and great sex may go together or not. Silverbullet is right about the rainbows and angels on the wedding night, and about later . . . And do you really go around loving the other person more than yourself ALL DAY LONG every day of the week???? What if your husband happens to be really annoying (to pick a completely theoretical example, *cough cough*)? But even a couple that fights alot can enjoy uh . . . yeah, well . .. Well, just for the record, I think real life is pretty great as a package deal, so I want to see more elements of real life in stories.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:16 am

I always have to smile on "rainbow stories". And the fact the TnT in some stories never seem to be tired and crawling in bed, only to be in the mood for sleep. Or having worries or childern that make their presence in the house know and killing the mood... :lol: :lol:
Love is a verb.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 am

All I can say is great sex is something I've come to value a lot more as I get older. Love is great but technique and stamina and enthusiasm are nothing to sneeze at either. 8)
Image.Image

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:34 pm

We have this extremely healthy flowering tobacco plant volunteer outside a bathroom window that hasn't flowered yet (it volunteered late), and it's so lush my husband asked me if we could eat it. No, I said. Nicotine is poisonous, which is why even the deer haven't chomped it yet. (I've had nicotine poisoning -- I worked as a field hand picking tobacco when I was in high school and a field of wet tobacco made all of us very sick one night.)

So, he says, can we dry it and roll a cigar?

Well, I said, not a whole cigar. It's not that big a plant. It all shrinks when it's dry. Maybe we could get a cigarette size cigar out of it.

Can we?

Why? I ask. He doesn't smoke anymore.

He says he just wants to see how it's done.

So I guess I'll hang up these leaves. God knows I know how to string up and dry tobacco leaves, from my summer in the field and the barns, although we had machines to help us do the threading.

So ... a little experiment. A very WEIRD little experiment!
Image.Image

Return to “General Chat”