Randomness

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

blacknblue
Site Admin

Re: Randomness

Postby blacknblue » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:24 pm

Migraines will do that sometimes.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:16 am

Ah the hypocrisy. :?

So like last night my friend took a walk on the beach with Puke Chick (whom we call "Hamster"... but not in a cute way :upchuck: ). And she told Hamster she's like here for the summer holiday going to a language school to learn English (she's from Austria). And then that stupid spoiled bitch Hamster starts like laughing at her saying her English is like the worst English she's ever heard and it would be impossible for her to improve, maybe a little bit in like 2-3 years.

Well first of all the thing is IMO my friend speaks very good English, well obviously not perfect but she has a good vocabulary and she's a great speller and she understands like pretty much everything, her grammar is like a little off sometimes, and sometimes it's like way off, but she asks to be corrected and she really makes an effort to learn and improve and personally I think she's doing great. (Accent doesn't count for anything because it's no indication of how fluent people are)

Second of all... like dude. Did that stupid Hamster ever listen to herself?? Like the thing is Hamster is originally from Japan, she's been living here for years though yet to me her English sounds no better than my friend's, even worse actually and like I talk to her and she asks me what's this word, what's that word, like seriously the other day I asked her "do you have the time?" and she goes like "I have time?" and I'm like "the time." And she's like "what time?" and I'm like "the time. Do you have the time?" and she's like "what I have? :? " and I'm like "dude, what's the time??" :? :lol: :roll: oh and yes she does still have a very thick accent too if that's what she based her "thorough analysis" of my friend's English on.

Well sometimes I just don't get people. :? :? :? :? :?
ImageImage

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:45 pm

Some people are just rude.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:44 am

I just wanted everyone to know that I've just joined the 21st century and... *gasp* ordered broadband.

I don't know whether to be estatic or mournful (now I have no excuse if my boss wants me to work from home... eesh.)
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:18 am

Emberchyld wrote:(now I have no excuse if my boss wants me to work from home... eesh.)

Sure you do. It's called "It's my personal time dumbass. I am an employee, not a serf."

Besides, why tell them about it? What business is it of your employers what speed you use to access the internet at your own home?
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:37 am

:? What's this "personal time" you speak of?

8) Lucky you guys. I live at work. :lol:
TnT I love em. Very Happy

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:39 am

Yahoo has an interesting article on levitation at the micro level that almost sounds like something in Trek.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:27 am

evcake wrote:Some people are just rude.

Yeah tell me about it :? :? :? I mean like seriously. Not saying my language skills are all that perfect or anything, because they're obviously not (hell I can barely spell my own name :? ) but I can honestly, and also objectively, tell you that Hamster's grammar is like totally off the grid. :? :? Like for example my friend asks her what a word means, and she goes like "this is mean ____", or like being asked to turn the lights off and her reply is "I turn off light eleven". That's the way she talks like all the time. Not really in any position to go run her mouth on other people. Hell why would anyone do this even if they had like the most perfect English skills in the entire frelling universe. :? :? :? :? :?

Like okay for comparison my English is like way better than Hamster's, and that's a fact just like her Japanese is way WAY better than mine. You don't see me like laughing or throwing insults at her or patronizing her because of that, or saying her English is worse than it actually is, or thinking I'm like a better more deserving person because I speak English better. :roll: :roll: Nor do I think I deserve to speak good English more than she does, or deserve to be an American more than she does. I think that's what it's really all about with her, like I think she thinks it's better to be an American, and that she deserves to be here more than others because she's like "better than everyone", though what the frell is her problem I mean it's not like her precious green card is threatened by tourists or other immigrants :roll: I think she wants to feel superior and that's why she likes to denigrate others because she knows she doesn't really have anything to show for herself. :roll: :roll:

Like today she was talking to me about like stuff that happened last night, she had a fight with my friend about when to turn the lights off etc, well and during the conversation I explained her like how sometimes I have to get up really early at like 3am for filming, and she goes like "filming, what are you filming" with that hateful look on her face, then I go like "I'm an actress" and she rolls her eyes and starts laughing like "you're an actress?? :lol: "

And so to throw it in her condescending bitchy face I actually started to list all my film/commercial/theater roles. :twisted: Yeah baby. I might be a fat, ugly, short little slave but there's more talent in the dead skin under my toenails than in her entire body (including over-inflated ego). :twisted: IMDB listed. Eat your pea-sized heart out Hamster 8) (might wanna add a lot of sugar, it's really bitter :p )
ImageImage

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:44 am

Oh and like today something broke and I had to fix it, then Obi goes like "she's a female MacGyver" in French... and I understood :D :mrgreen: 8)
ImageImage

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:02 am

blacknblue wrote:
Emberchyld wrote:(now I have no excuse if my boss wants me to work from home... eesh.)

Sure you do. It's called "It's my personal time dumbass. I am an employee, not a serf."

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

:guffaw:

Thanks for the laugh....ok back to swearing at my GPS unit.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:12 am

blacknblue wrote:

Besides, why tell them about it? What business is it of your employers what speed you use to access the internet at your own home?

:lol: :lol: Unfortunately corporate america owns my soul (cool job or no).

But I did tell one of my co-workers about it and she agreed that I just keep pretending that I have dial-up. Not too far a stretch, since the office knows I'm "text messaging impaired" and can be similarly handicapped with regards to other "technological advances" :P

And I'm planning on conveniently "losing" the key to my laptop dock lock :D, which will magically appear the next time that I need to go on a business trip...
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:14 am

TSara wrote:Thanks for the laugh....ok back to swearing at my GPS unit.

Poor GPS... of course, if you have the one with the Ozzy Osbourne voice program, it could swear back at you...
--Coco Chanel

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:17 am

Emberchyld wrote:But I did tell one of my co-workers about it and she agreed that I just keep pretending that I have dial-up. Not too far a stretch, since the office knows I'm "text messaging impaired" and can be similarly handicapped with regards to other "technological advances" :P

Heh. That reminds me of when I was active duty Army, and my immediate supervisor started hinting that they needed someone to drive a 5 ton truck at battalion. I insisted that I had no idea how to drive a stick, so they got someone else. Not two days later, I drove my supervisor to the PX in my car at the time (an '85 Mustang) and he looked pointedly at the stickshift before chuckling.

Nobody wants to drive a 5 ton...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:12 am

Rigil Kent wrote:
Emberchyld wrote:But I did tell one of my co-workers about it and she agreed that I just keep pretending that I have dial-up. Not too far a stretch, since the office knows I'm "text messaging impaired" and can be similarly handicapped with regards to other "technological advances" :P

Heh. That reminds me of when I was active duty Army, and my immediate supervisor started hinting that they needed someone to drive a 5 ton truck at battalion. I insisted that I had no idea how to drive a stick, so they got someone else. Not two days later, I drove my supervisor to the PX in my car at the time (an '85 Mustang) and he looked pointedly at the stickshift before chuckling.

Nobody wants to drive a 5 ton...

I used to hate to drive the 5 ton truck that our Comms Messaging system shelter was on.

So I completely agree!
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:13 am

Emberchyld wrote:
TSara wrote:Thanks for the laugh....ok back to swearing at my GPS unit.

Poor GPS... of course, if you have the one with the Ozzy Osbourne voice program, it could swear back at you...

I almost wish it did...that way it could understand how pissed off I am that it won't update.

*edit* After two days of fussing and cussing I am very happy to report that my new map updates are complete and working.

So.

YAY!

Return to “General Chat”