Post your pictures here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: Member pics

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:31 am

WarpGirl wrote:Well it makes the point to all the idiots who say it's either one or the other. But all humans are just too easily offended, period no matter what their race, color, creed or gender. See all are equal! :evillol:

Actually, that's a good observation. "Easily offended". And there's the stereotype the other aliens use for the whole frikking human race. :lol:

1st Cardassian Man: Yeah okay, that's bad but I wouldn't let it get you down.

2nd Cardassian Man: But it was our 3 week anniversary and she completely forgot!

1st Cardassian Man: Sure, dude, I hear you....but you really shouldn't be such a Human about it. Chicks don't dig that.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:34 am

<Elvis voice> Thank you, thank you very much!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:21 am

What's wrong with the handgun ad? My husband would go for it in a New York second. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:19 am

lol, to me that semi-creepy italicised "Give YourSELF a Xmas Present" message looks like

a) a suggestion to kill yourself
or
b) a suggestion to kill your wife

...i dunno why. it just does. :dunno: :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:04 am

Distracted wrote:What's wrong with the handgun ad? My husband would go for it in a New York second. ;-)

If you want to get technical its "New York Minute." The handgun add was funny but I gotta say I'd be nervous if someone gave me a gun as a gift. Paricularly if the modern cultural significance of the holliday is supposed to promote "good will toward men," but I guess if you're into guns it's an understanding between gifter and giftee.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:43 am

lol...but it's not a gift for someone else...the aim of the ad was for you to go and get YOURSELF that $60 Colt revolver you've always, always wanted. :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:09 am

Hmm. Yeah then you're probably a whack job who shouldn't own a gun to begin with. Not that I'm automatically against guns, I live in bear country. But whack jobs with guns are scary.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Yes. I know the expression is a "New York minute". That's why a "New York second" is even faster. Get it?

Anyway, if everyone who buys themselves a gun for Christmas is a whack job, then I'm married to one... and so is my mom. And this site was started by one. ;-)

Haven't you guys ever heard of gun collecting? Some people do that, you know. It's like stamps, only more fun because you can make a lot of noise when you shoot them at stuff. 8)

BTW... has anyone looked at the ads in American Rifleman? That Colt ad's a bit old school, but if they put it in the December 2011 issue of the magazine Colt sales would probably go up just from the nostalgia value.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:06 pm

In societies where people routinely use firearms for sport or work, there wouldn't be anything sinister about it. But for example in England the use of firearms for sport or hunting is almost non-existent except for a bit of clay pigeon shooting. Here, people equipping themselves with pistols would be viewed as something rather alarming.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:48 pm

Here in Arizona the Ad would be a hit. Legislature just passed some laws. One, everyone can carry a concealed weapon without a permit. Buying any type of Weapon is easy, just ask the Drug Cartels. The fuzz will inadvertently sell them to you.

Legislature is tryin gto pass a bill to allow Firearms on Campus. Students and Professors can carry on Campus.

Wild west here.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Distracted wrote:Yes. I know the expression is a "New York minute". That's why a "New York second" is even faster. Get it?

Anyway, if everyone who buys themselves a gun for Christmas is a whack job, then I'm married to one... and so is my mom. And this site was started by one. ;-)

Haven't you guys ever heard of gun collecting? Some people do that, you know. It's like stamps, only more fun because you can make a lot of noise when you shoot them at stuff. 8)

BTW... has anyone looked at the ads in American Rifleman? That Colt ad's a bit old school, but if they put it in the December 2011 issue of the magazine Colt sales would probably go up just from the nostalgia value.

Dis Just trying to be funny with the NY minute thing. And yes I've heard of gun collecting, I actually find guns interesting on an intellectual level, I even have a dart pistol of my own. I just can't use it anymore because my hands and arm won't let me anymore. I have no problem with the idea of owning a rifle. Although I would never have the strength to shoot it myself, I do live in bear country. Hand guns, well... Let's just say they're gorgeous to look at but they can't take down bear. So I wouldn't know why I would need one.

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:13 pm

I have to say that the prospect of a feisty Klingon armed with a chair-mounted swivel gun is quite alarming. :shock:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm getting so used to facebook, I was looking for the "like" button to "like" Cogito's last comment. *shakes head*
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Cogito wrote:I have to say that the prospect of a feisty Klingon armed with a chair-mounted swivel gun is quite alarming. :shock:

You're right that is creepy! I'm more apt to steal my brother's sword...

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Or, apparently, load the hollow legs of your chair with C4. :shock: :lol:

Return to “Picture Threads”