Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Member pics

Postby Linda » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

JT, is that your husband off to the left side of your three boys? Are they taller than him? It's hard to tell. I like the soccer photo. Can I use it to illustrate my Vulcan story? Can you put it in with my story you are putting up? You can't tell from that distance whether those boys have pointed ears or not. :lol: Uh, I won't be too disappointed though if you don't want to use your photo that way.

Enterprikayak, your kids are so, so CUTE! Especially the baby. I like to see other people's little babies as my daughter has informed me that her two year old is the last of the grandkids I am getting. :?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Absolutely! I want to use the picture for your story :D !

Interesting fact: everyone in our family: me, my husband, and all three boys, are 5" 6.5'. Sorry boys. That's all the height we got to give you. :lol: Also, I seriously wonder if I underfed them. They were always too busy playing to eat. If we had a choice between eating or grabbing a snack and taking it to the park, we went to the park. Whatever I did wrong, it's general to city living. When we face teams from the suburbs or the country they are huge. Maybe, they sit down to a nice scrambled egg breakfast each morning with homemade pancakes or something out there in the suburbs, I don't know.

Here is the whole family minus me:

Look at my Dad. He's tall
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Cool! I get your photo in my story!

All the same height? Uncanny. Genetics are so funny. My parents and my siblings tower over me. My grandparents too. Where did I get this dwarf blood? Just kidding, I am 5' 2 3/4". But Image is only 5'3" and worried that she is too short to be a runway model. But both Image and Dylan considered it a rite of passage when they became taller than Grandma. :? Probably Skyelar and Shayla will do the same. I guess it is kind of interesting when as a kid, you grow taller than the shortest adult in the family. :lol:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:40 pm

You have a very nice family, justTripn! They all look so nice and friendly. :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Speaking of family, this is a fascinating article about how humans might have evolved into what we know today -- a more cooperative species than other primates (like those nasty chimpanzees) -- which may also explain why we're happily sharing photographs of our kids with each other on the Internet. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/03/scien ... gi.html?em
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Hmmm... so that habit of carrying any baby around has a reason. Interesting.

JustTripn, I love how the younger the men, the less they know what to do with their hands :D Young boys are thinking "I'm going to put my hands in the pockets and try to look cool" :lol:

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 pm

Hey I didn't notice the hands in pockets thingy until you pointed it out, Escriba! Very estute. Must be a teenage thing. Toddlers are the opposite, because their hands go everywhere and the adults are always saying "don't touch!" :lol: :lol:

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Uh, I just printed off that article Alelou gave a link for. Skimmed it, will read it properly on the bus going home from work. Looks quite interesting!

Four and a half years ago when Skyelar was born, the whole family was in the labor/delivery room. Brother and sister (ages 11 and 14) actually watched her being born. Image (14) had picked up the video camera to record the birth, but the nurse said that was against the hospital rules. ???? So Image picked up a still camera and took pictures. As soon as Skyelar was with the nurse being cleand off on the table next to her mother's birthing bed, older sister and brother were crowding around the nurse. Image was holding the baby before Mom even got to see her. Mom got to hold her and then Skyelar was passed around to about ten different people of all ages. Skyelar's eyes were open and she seemed to be looking at everyone, her face quietly curious as if she would like to be saying "Hi there. Who are you? But don't expect me to remeber your name." She didn't cry, just looked.

When my own daughter was born in 1974, a bunch of people offered to take her. As if I would give her up! That might be cultural, a Native American thing, to offer to take a newborn as your own if you thought the mother had too much to handle already.

When Shayla was born two years ago, she was cesarian because my daughter had become diabetic. So no family in the delivery room. But when she was brought to the room where she would be with my daughter, older brother and sister bent close to inspect her! Yes, humans certainly "share" babies!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:13 pm

I really liked the point about babies being cheap entertainment. Ain't that the truth.

It's my impression that Puerto Ricans, at least in past generations, tended to share out kids quite a bit too, at any age, not just infancy. My husband got farmed out quite a bit (sometimes quite traumatically), as did his older brothers and sisters. But his mother also took kids in. Actual formal adoptions and foster care situations are far less common than among whites, though.

But back to hands...

I have to admit if there's one thing slightly distracting that I notice about Connor's acting, it's that he seems to think a lot about what to do with his hands. Then again, I've watched the damned DVDs so often I can no longer judge whether I'd notice it the first time around or I'm just being pathetically obsessive (probably the latter).

Yeah, probably the latter. Sometimes I watch a whole scene just watching those hands of his. :)
Image.Image

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:33 pm

All these pictures are so beautiful! :)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:49 am

OK, here is my "Princess Goggles" moment, except it was "Look Mom, we made a robot!"

They made it ALL BY THEMSELVES, using an erector set I had as a kid.

Look how they did the eyes of the robot:

And P. posing with the robot. They look like best buddies . . . LOL

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:31 pm

:D So cute!
Image.Image

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:08 pm

JT, you must have stayed skinny running after those three! They look so energetic. And creative! Who knows, maybe that robot is a precursor to Data and one of your boys will get multiple patents in things robotic!

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:05 pm

Yes, they were very energetic and happy. Still are for the most part. I had that last picture on my refrigerator forever. It always cheered me up to see him hugging that sketchy robot.

Return to “Picture Threads”