G8

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

G8

Postby Asso » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:25 pm

I don't want to speak of politics or of whatever people can think of "global world".
Merely, I want to share with all of you a perception, a sensation.
L'Aquila has been destroyed by the earthquake. Now it's gaining the footlights. Fair? Unfair? I don't know. But someway I feel proud.
If I am mistaking, please, forgive me.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: G8

Postby dialee » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:36 pm

I really don't know what the right answer is. One would think it would be too soon to put such pressure on a town that had just suffered devastation for such demanding services as food, lodging, security. I heard on TV that there were 200 members of the media alone as well as other people such as the different delegations from at least 10-15 countries.

However, after such devastation, a town certainly would need the money and attention such an international meeting would get. From your reaction, I think L'Aquila can put together a very nice welcome for everybody. GO FOR IT! :D

Return to “General Chat”