Randomness

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby Distracted » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:21 pm

I appreciate that, KTR. I'm glad you had a good time.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 pm

I spent Thursday and Friday at one of Sweden's nuclear power plants, where I also saw the nuclear waste storage facilities and a huge experimental facility 450 meters underground. It was like being in a villain's lair from some Bond movie! Awesome! 8)
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:47 pm

21 cute and cuddly sci-fi plush toys that would make great gifts

I'm not ashamed to admit that I already own the Alien chestburster (plus a facehugger not listed), the Enterprise plush and the Yoda and Vader plushies. I think I need to get some Tribbles...

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 pm

And the real USS Enterprise is retired...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5 ... s-retired/
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:48 am

Another Enterprise, great! One step closer to the NX. Oh, and as for toys...I have a beanie Vulcan and Andorian. Then I have a whole series of those lighted Hallmark Star Trek ship ornaments. The grandchildren know not to touch Grandma's toys. So does the husband. :badgrin:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:25 am

Got them trained well, Linda :clap:

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:01 pm

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:22 pm

ouch :rotflmao:

tried ff.net - it's hardcore :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:17 am

As the ripples spread from the horror of the Sandy Hook school tragedy, there are parents who now deeply fear for their own children in their own schools. Right here in southern Wisconsin where recently a man targeted a racial minority and went on a killing spree in a religious temple, two parents went to their children's school yesterday (a school of an ethnic group that has been decimated in the past and even now suffers from a great deal of prejudice) and took their beloved children home before the school day was over. Ripples of fear - ripples of not unjustified fear. My daughter and son-in-law took my grandchildren home early and hugged them. :hug:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:29 am

What happened at Sandy Hook school is something that goes beyond words, something on which the thought is not able to linger.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:15 am

Linda wrote:As the ripples spread from the horror of the Sandy Hook school tragedy, there are parents who now deeply fear for their own children in their own schools. Right here in southern Wisconsin where recently a man targeted a racial minority and went on a killing spree in a religious temple, two parents went to their children's school yesterday (a school of an ethnic group that has been decimated in the past and even now suffers from a great deal of prejudice) and took their beloved children home before the school day was over. Ripples of fear - ripples of not unjustified fear. My daughter and son-in-law took my grandchildren home early and hugged them. :hug:

What i'm going to say might not be very popular, but maybe you guys 'n girls should re-evaluate the wisdom of allowing nutcases to acquire lethal weapons. Why the **** did a gun-crazed teacher have a semi-automatic assault rifle at home? The only people, who need semi-automatic weapons wear a uniform and call themselves 'The Army'. As long as civilians can legally buy Kalashnikovs, you better get used to your children being massacred by idiots.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:50 am

I totally agree, Kotik. I was wondering why a mother with a son who had medical and psychological issues would teach her son how to shoot a gun? I am all for laws which require a psychological background check before any gun can be purchased, which may not have helped in this case since it was the mother who bought the guns. I see no reason to own assault weapons, only hunting weapons. I would not allow a gun in my house and don't understand this new law that allows concealed carry that we have here. The NRA (National Rifle Association) is very powerful and has a lot of influence over the passing or not passing of gun laws. They don't seem to want any restriction in gun ownership. There is a very dangerous motif in American culture about the individual's right to own guns that I just do not agree with. In my own family a few years ago there was a gun tragedy. My cousin's 21 year old son who was extremely learning disabled became depressed one day and took one of his father's guns out in the woods and shot himself. Guns are just to easy to commit suicide with when you have a family member who is depressed, let alone angry enough to take the lives of other people too. Why do these people feel they have a right to take the lives of others? Is that what they want people to remember them for? Of course with mental illness, the logical and ethical thought processes are not functioning well. Guns should not be available to them. I hope this tragedy and other recent tragedies help people see that stricter laws have to be in place and that families have to better supervise their troubled members.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 pm

awfully quite in here lately :? Where is everybody?

Return to “General Chat”