Postby Kotik » Sat May 12, 2012 7:40 am

It's back.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Randomness

Postby panyasan » Sat May 12, 2012 7:52 am

Kotik wrote:It's back.

You mean Chakoteya.net is back? Big sigh of relief. I used that site a lot. Congrats on your new job, Kotik.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat May 12, 2012 8:26 am

yes, the transcript site is back. It still throws connection resets randomly, but usually a refresh is all it takes. I suppose their server is a bit wonky atm. Thanx @all for the grats. :hatsoff:

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Sat May 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Kotik, you will be welcome in my home. got a spare bedroom so no worry there.

Arizona is hot as the hubs of Hell in the summer. Fall is nice.

You gotta remember that I am finishing my 77th yer and starting my 78th. so, waking up is a victory for me. But on my mothers side all are very long lived.Mother will be 97 this year. Her sisters are all in their late 80's and going strong. so if I take after them I have a few years left.

I cannot drink beer as I used to. I could have bathed in Good German Beer.

Here in the U.S. all imported beer must have perservatives in them. so one gets some chemicals in German Beer imported. American Beer is just a glass of chemicals. I longed once for German Beer with only natural products in it.

Wife is German so I might be able to convince her to cook German.

I don't get around much or easily. Damned body betrays one.

I once knew a man who was going to retire. He passed his retirement physical with flying colors. He was assured by the doctors he would have a long happy retirement. Dropped dead the next day. Since he was the spook station chief there was some discussion over whether he died natural or was helped.

Take care old soul.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat May 12, 2012 3:44 pm

SB

If I may be so bold. I can bring a couple of cases of Warsteiner should an invite head my way and the wife allows. :o

Weeble
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat May 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Nah, Warsteiner is kiddies beer :shifty: A nice crate o' Becks or a crate of DAB will do :-P Although the latter might knock your socks off. It's pretty hefty stuff. If you want a taste of Germanies finest, try Radeberger or if you want the original - try Pilsner Urquell from Czech Republic, which is the first ever lager and pretty much the best there is. But it is also hideously expensive :shock:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat May 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Hmmmm.

I was trying to be polite.. I keep a keg 'o Becks in the kegerator most all times. Never tried the Pilsner Urquell but it's readily available. And its Saturday. to bad I have wedding to go to tonight, my taste test will be delayed till tomorrow.

Kegs can be cumbersome to transport. Cases of Beck's then.?

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how I'll juggle a keg of Radeberger in the airplane :lol:

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Sat May 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Beeeerr :drool:
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 pm

I have been away for a little while, so I could read the last posts of this thread only now.

Maybe I'm going back to spark off the riot, but I do not like that my words and my intentions may be misunderstood.

When I said that I preferred to keep me apart, I was not referring to the fact that I felt that I should refrain from commenting on the posts of Kotik.
I meant to say exactly the opposite. I thought (and I still believe) that it was better - much better - that I detained myself from expressing my opinion on the posts that commented negatively the posts of Kotik. And, to push a little further, I meant to say also that maybe my idea to stay away for a little while, when I greeted everyone, was not so wrong.

I do not like that others might think of me that I am coward or ambiguous.

I am with Kotik, across the board.
I do not like, or, if you prefer I express myself more politely, I am not in agreemet with what others have said about him.

Am I trolling? Or, more simply, am I taking the liberty of saying what I think?
The correct policy, it seems, has not brought us very far.

I found what Kotik wrote simply fun, empty of any recondite intention.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat May 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Let it rest, Asso. No need to stir up old fights. Thanks for the support, but the few of us, who keep this place alive shouldn't fight.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat May 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Kotik wrote:Let it rest, Asso. No need to stir up old fights. Thanks for the support, but the few of us, who keep this place alive shouldn't fight.

Right. And wise.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat May 12, 2012 7:20 pm

But what if we are attacked by a banana, or heaven forbid an apricot :spiraleyes:

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Sat May 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Weeble wrote:But what if we are attacked by a banana, or heaven forbid an apricot :spiraleyes:

The banana is easy you send :evilmonkey: after it and :tpol: will eat the apricot.
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat May 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Weeble wrote:But what if we are attacked by a banana, or heaven forbid an apricot :spiraleyes:

In that case we'll adjust your medication :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Chat”