Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Once again typed in an Username I have for another board. UP came some stories I had written and posted on FF Net. No wonder some people leave their Profile blank.

SEcond topic, really, really random:

What After shave does your Hubby, wear?

I use Daviddoff and Drakar Noir. Used to use Russian Leather, English Leather and windrift. Know that russian Leather was discontinuued (My personal favorite by the way) and think that t he other two may also be off the market. Wouldn't use things like Jade East or Canoe. they smell like something a house of Ill Repute would buy by the gallon.

Wife confiscates my After shave says it is better than female stuff.

So what scent does he use and what scent do you like on him?

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:01 pm

panyasan wrote:Any way, despite our miscommunication it looks nice!

I'm afraid I have to side with your hubby on this one. You clearly said "yes" to the green. How was a chap to know you meant for the other room? :lol:

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Cogito wrote:
panyasan wrote:Any way, despite our miscommunication it looks nice!

I'm afraid I have to side with your hubby on this one. You clearly said "yes" to the green. How was a chap to know you meant for the other room? :lol:

:badgrin: What? I thought hubs could read my mind! He can't??? ;-)

To answer your question SB (I have no clue why you want to know)I have to check the bathroom to have any idea. Hubs buys his aftershave himself as does he his clothes and the only thing I can say he smells nice. Really nice. But I am biased. I always joke that I even like the smell of his arm pits. ;-)
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:40 pm

panyasan wrote::badgrin: What? I thought hubs could read my mind! He can't??? ;-)

Maybe, but if he's figured out how your mind works he really ought to share the secret. Because frankly the female mind is a mysterious and frightening place to the rest of us. :dunno:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:52 pm

I have 5 brothers. They all say that, but I gotta admit, I find male minds infinitely more frightening.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Evil horrible no good person!!!! They should rot for this... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41609521/ns ... ?gt1=43001
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:53 pm

That person in that story is a moron. Mailing a dog???

Random:

This really old, really angry guy just came into the office (and neither denturist is here) and said my boss "screwed his false teeth up" a few weeks ago and demanded that *I* fix his teeth right now. I explained that the office isn't working today, we're just here to answer phones, and can he come back tomorrow please. (I could have maybe fixed it, but he started the whole interaction so mad, that, without my boss around, I didn't dare touch him with a 10 foot pole.) He's all, "THIS ISN'T VERY GOOD ADVERTISING FOR YOU!" and "MY TOW TRUCK COMPANY IS AVAILABLE WHEN I NEED THEM, WHY AREN'T YOU?"

I shut him down and ejected him. :lol:

yeesh, people. walk into a place screaming yer head off and expect friendly service with a smile?

And friday a different old guy came in DRNUK as a LORD and verbally offered to RAPE us all. Little old man. We ejected him also. Nice.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:55 pm

This happened at the dentist? This is what I see usually in an ER... I thought the dentist was actually safe. Learn something new every day.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Cogito wrote:
panyasan wrote::badgrin: What? I thought hubs could read my mind! He can't??? ;-)

Maybe, but if he's figured out how your mind works he really ought to share the secret. Because frankly the female mind is a mysterious and frightening place to the rest of us. :dunno:
Don't worry, after almost 15 years of marriage, he is still figuring out how my brain works. I can't understand why, it's only logical how my mind works. :lol:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:57 pm

WarpGirl wrote:This happened at the dentist? This is what I see usually in an ER... I thought the dentist was actually safe. Learn something new every day.

even worse. denturist. false teeth and old people.

a few days ago I was working on a murderer's little brother who is 20 and a meth addict. no teeth. stay away from meth.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:00 pm

I don't like the valium I sometimes have to suffer with. I never understood why people take drugs for fun. I hate not having all of my senses under control. But what do you expect of a control freak? Anyway I hope you're careful.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:15 am

Yeah well, we had fun typing up notes on those 2 guys. Moral to the story: don't ever act like a jerk in a place where they keep a CHART on you.

Remember that episode of Seinfeld? :lol: When Elaine couldn't get away from her medical record which said she had been "difficult"? :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 am

Never once watched Seinfeld. There's actually a note in my medical chart that says DO NOT GIVE THIS MEDICATION, patient becomes A STARK RAVING BITCH! and it's written just like that. Well I did give them fair warning. They slipped it too me when I was asleep.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:19 am

Hey, big crazy notes like that are what actually prevent you from getting the wrong meds. :lol: The little "allergy" field on the chart is just not big enough or noticeable enough.

SOOOooooooo many times when I worked for this one doctor, he'd be writing out a prescription for Pen V, and I'd pull the Rx pad right out from under his pen and peel the page off and scrunch the Rx up and give the blank pad back and silently tap the "penicillin allergy" note on the chart and he'd just start writing a script for erythromycin without missing a beat. :roll: You're welcome...."doctor".

The patient was always sitting right there and I couldn't be like, "HEY! DOCtor! You're prescribing the WRONG MEDICINE."

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 am

Oh yes! I've interrupted them writing my own scripts dozens of times. It's scary. But understandable.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”