Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby Grrr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 am

WarpGirl wrote:I must remember to move the cat food out of reach when my nephew comes. Appearently he thinks it tastes good.

:guffaw:

My bit of randomness I can move my arm more. :happyjump: My hair can now be in a medium pony tail instead of only a low one.

Grrr

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:31 am

What happened to your arm.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:41 am

I have a frozen shoulder. It wouldn't be so bad except everything gives me migraines. If only I could just take some Advil. But I'm sure you know how that feels.

Grrr

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:42 am

I thank god for botox everyday.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:38 am

another random aureilia:

My stepmom and sister were over on Sunday, and aureilia picks up a VHS tape from an old box I am going through, and after inspecting it curiously, goes "Hey mom, what's this thing do?" Sis and stepmom and I all stare at each other in amazement for a moment. I explain what it is for, and Aureilia says, "Huh, it's like a big square DVD."

We don't even have a vhs machine anymore. S'weird. When a certain type of media dies, it DIES, hey?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:40 am

Watch it I love my VHS tapes! :lol: Hey did your girls ever get into cat food? My nephew did today, it was odd. He liked it! :shock:

Fics

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:50 pm

How long did it take you to quit wondering if you'd forgotten to rewind it when you took your DVD back to Blockbuster?

And speaking of forgotten technology -- remember those aluminum ice trays with the handle you pulled to loosen the ice? They were once rampant. Now I can't remember the last time I saw one, outside of "Leave it to Beaver" reruns.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:41 pm

When NASA took the famous Earthrise photo in 1966 it was recorded in a format unique to NASA. Years later all these unreadable magnetic tapes were sitting around (there were no players left that could read them) and they were about to be thrown out. Some employee saved them the tapes her garage (I think it was a her). There were huge amounts of data on those tapes that had never been turned into photographs and the photographs that had been released did not exploit the full resolution available on the tapes. So someone took it upon themselves to build one working tape player out of several broken tape players and create something that could read the tapes. I recall that these were huge machines, like 6ft by 10 feet by 2 ft. Something like that. So the famous Earthrise photo was digitized and restored in much higher resolution than ever before and many more photos were subsequently released. But it was all about to be TOSSED!

Also, I was reading about a mission to the moon Europa around Jupiter. The satellites take years to get where they are going. So the mission had budgeted huge amounts of money to printing photographs of the data that would come back. One scientist argued loudly that by the time the data came in they would be able to easily read it off a computer screen and then they could look at ALL the data and not a select portion of it. All his colleagues were skeptical and very uncomfortable with his suggestion because they wanted PAPER. It is hard to remember when we felt this way.

I should start a related thread about the archiving of our own stories. If we throw all our own stories onto a jump drive and throw it in a drawer, is that safe?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Okay these two stories are just too freaky for words. Note to murderers out there, butter is not an icical and therefore is not an appropriate weapon for a perfect murder... http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-revi ... ?gt1=47001

Parents: Parental Controls on a PC exist for a reason, there is no sane explanation to let a 7 year old get on Ebay... http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... ?GT1=43001 That said, someone get this kid a ride! He deserves it.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Random:

Aureilia (5) and Abby (2) are playing soccer of sorts with a big exercise ball all over the living room right now, and Aureilia's been yelling "I'm open!" at Abby the whole time.

And just now Abby pipes up "I. Oat. Nin. Ya-ya!" Which translates to: "I'm open, Aureilia!"

And I'm trying to keep the laughing inside and it's hard. :rotflmao:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Sounds fun! :clap: my sis and I used to do that.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:46 am

Here's the crossword I made! Click the image to view the full pdf with clues.

And here's the answer key!

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 pm

THAT'S FRICKIN AWESOME! I JUST PRINTED IT OFF~! AND I'M IN IT! xD
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:10 pm

I cheated :lol: I got stuck on a few... do u know.... on "Fearless Leader" I first started writing "Archer" and then realized it didn't fit and went... OH! Fearless leader!
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:13 pm

:rotflmao: I wish I could do it but no printer!

Fics

Return to “General Chat”