Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Spontaneous Conversation thread

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri May 04, 2007 12:16 am

^^ Thanks evcake - It's ironic that the more scared I am of writing certain characters the better they come out. I wasn't sure if I could write a decent Malcolm.

^ KTR, I based the characters on what I've seen on screen. It's not my fault they turned Archer into a jerk. And I'm glad I did make you hate him here because that was my goal in writing it.

The purpose of this story is to teach him a lesson, knock him down on the ego scale a few notches, and to get his crew to stop putting up with his crap. Basically, the idea is to turn Archer into something likable, but in order to do that he needs to go through the wash.

I think this is going to be more of an Archer story than a T/T story.
Writing as TrekPyro.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri May 04, 2007 1:01 am

"Let the hate flow through you..." Twisted Evil

Honestly, keep it up. He's consistant with what we've seen on screen and it would be nice for him to finally get some sense knocked into him. Maybe he can finally start to grow and show that he deserves to be the awesome guy Daniels made him out to be in the future.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri May 04, 2007 6:46 am

It's a fanfic buffet here. What fun! CoffeeCat, you simply must write more with this story. I'm not particularly rabid in my dislike of Archer, but it's a great story you've got started there.

To prove that I am, in fact, still writing, here's a bit from Z'Val:

Malcolm, meanwhile, had come up with an idea. “It’s a pity they’re in the middle of that project in Rome and the artifacts are mostly closed,” he mused, “otherwise we could take Z’Val there. We can take him to Bath, though. The old bathhouse is quite well preserved.”

“What’s that about Rome?”

“Don’t you remember? There was a hue and cry over the research because most of the old Roman sites are closed to the public for two months.” Trip didn’t recall anything, but when Malcolm added, “It’s supposed to completely changed how historians view ancient Rome,” everything fell into place. Trip didn’t particularly care about how historians viewed ancient Rome, and it simply wasn’t the kind of thing he’d pay much attention to.

He tried to look interested in the Roman bathhouse, he really did. When Malcolm added, “I can take him and just bring my communicator to translate,” he knew he’d failed. “Besides,” continued Malcolm, “I’m sure you and T’Pol would like some time alone.”

That sounded much better than some old bathhouse.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Fri May 04, 2007 4:14 pm

That looks promising. I would like to hear Z'Val's take on ancient rome Smile It also intrigues me how you would present him interacting with Malcolm on their own. Go for it.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon May 07, 2007 5:38 pm

Ancient Rome, hmm. Remember when Kov thought the quarterback was being killed in a football game and Trip had to tell him that would not happen? Well, people WERE killed in those Ancient Roman games, just like people were killed on Vulcan in the pre Surak times, I guess.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon May 07, 2007 11:32 pm

People were killed in the early days of footabll, too. In 1904 there were over a dozen deaths. It's one reason for its popularity. Also injuries, many and multifarious.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

tennisgirl
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby tennisgirl » Tue May 08, 2007 2:06 am

evcake wrote:People were killed in the early days of footabll, too. In 1904 there were over a dozen deaths. It's one reason for its popularity. Also injuries, many and multifarious.

Are we talking football as in what Americans call soccer or American football? Confused
Avatar made possible by the art of ivymae

Quinn - Daria, you can't leave me here with those, those... yuppies!
Daria - Yuppies are from the Eighties.
Quinn - So what do you call people in funny outfits who talk about peace and love and stuff?
Daria - Trekkies...
Episode #205 - That Was Then, This is Dumb - Daria

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Tue May 08, 2007 2:21 am

tennisgirl wrote:
evcake wrote:People were killed in the early days of footabll, too. In 1904 there were over a dozen deaths. It's one reason for its popularity. Also injuries, many and multifarious.

Are we talking football as in what Americans call soccer or American football? Confused

Well considering this all started with Kov, and Trip. Id go with American Football. Not Soccer. Confused An I cant quite figure out how anyone would get killed in soccer, unless a cleated shoe to the throat could do it. Confused Otherwise Soccer just isnt as dangerous as football.

In fact people getting killed in Football is the reason (excuse ;roll: ) my ol High school used to keep from having a team for the past, oh bout 50 years. Their was orginaly a team started for one season in the 50s, but during the training season one of the players was killed during a practice, and the program was shut down disspite a large number of students who wished to play the sport every following season. Sad Mad

Anywhos, even with all that padding today, the sport is still pretty dangerous.
TnT I love em. Very Happy

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Tue May 08, 2007 2:45 am

In American football's early days, it was played only by college teams. It's said to have been more like an American varient of rugby than the game known today.

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue May 08, 2007 1:08 pm

But the object in American football is not to kill people, right? Or am I a bit nieve about this? I am sure they mean to hurt each other enough to knock an opponent out of the game. But then, what Trip would tell Z'Val if they went to a game? In Ancient Roman games they definitely did kill people, and many of them at a time. Maybe Z'Val would concentrate on the evolving Roman political structure, the architecture, the Vulcan-like robes people wore? Of course, the wars, slavery, the gladiators would come up somewhere in his study. And I think a comparison to ancient Vulcan would be in order then. I wonder what games the ancient Vulcans would play?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Tue May 08, 2007 6:28 pm

Hey guys and girls,got a quick question,is it true the stuff about the Vulcan ears ?that they are....ahem... "sensible" ? Laughing
I saw the reference in some fics ,and i wondered about it ever since Confused

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue May 08, 2007 7:09 pm

It's never been established on screen if that's what you're asking. It's pretty much an invention of the fan fic community. Wink

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Tue May 08, 2007 7:12 pm

Ahem, i wondered why T'Pol didn't moan or something when trip played with her ears in decon Laughing ,but it was still kinda....sexual Smile Very Happy

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue May 08, 2007 8:02 pm

She sort of tossed her head to the side and turned to face him almost as soon as he started playing with her ears. I think that's where most people get the idea from. Plus when she made him turn around the first places she went for were the back of his neck and his ears. Laughing

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Tue May 08, 2007 8:43 pm

Linda wrote:But the object in American football is not to kill people, right? Or am I a bit nieve about this? I am sure they mean to hurt each other enough to knock an opponent out of the game. But then, what Trip would tell Z'Val if they went to a game? In Ancient Roman games they definitely did kill people, and many of them at a time. Maybe Z'Val would concentrate on the evolving Roman political structure, the architecture, the Vulcan-like robes people wore? Of course, the wars, slavery, the gladiators would come up somewhere in his study. And I think a comparison to ancient Vulcan would be in order then. I wonder what games the ancient Vulcans would play?

No, the object is not to cause death, but the possibility of death and injury seems to have played a part in its early popularity. There was next to no protective gear.

Archer could take him to water polo game. That ought to give any Vulcan pause.

I look forward to you writing about ancient Vulcan. I have a vague impression that Vulcan's last world war destroyed at least some of their knowledge of their own past. Are there Vulcan archeologists, do you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Return to “General Chat”