Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: Dreams

Postby justTripn » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:01 pm

That's as good an explanation as any!

Since I have such boring dreams currently, how about some nightmares from the past?

These reoccuring nightmares are pretty typical, from comparing notes with others:

The reoccuring nightmare about the chasing the schoolbus, which is pulling away just as you approach the bus stop. NOoooo! (This one continuted to haunt me through college).

Then the reocurring nightmare that you forgot you signed up for a class, and you realize now you never even attended it once are going to fail, and it's too late to drop!!! (This one continuted to haunt me for years after college.)

You are pregnant, but then you have puppies or kittens instead of a human baby. And you try not to be disappointed because, after all, these are your babies. But you think, "All that work just for kittens." (My sisters also report this dream.)

Anyone else care to share?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:16 pm

Okey Doke, Prisocisor and I have set up a brand-new bulletin board.....not to replace this one (Sarek forbid!) but as a dream board. It's

www.collectivenightmare.com

Cause I figure, we could all be having collective dreams and not even knowing since no one talks about/ remembers their dreams usually.

If the whole planet would just join and report on their dreams, then we'd see some strangeness. Of this I am sure.

Now GO! JOIN THE COLLECTIVE NIGHTMARE! Cause it's quiet round there as I just created it.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:27 pm

^ This I've *got* to see...
Writing as TrekPyro.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:42 pm

you really really *do*!

('Sides which, dream self-analysis is good for you. Most insightful.)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:31 pm

John O's my first assimilate. How perfectly fitting.

Your psychological and dreamological distinctiveness will be added to our own.

Join us. Join us. Join us.

http://www.collectivenightmare.com

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:54 am

When I had my recent recurring nightmare analyzed I found out that most dreams are symbolic. The people in them don't necessarily represent the actual person but rather some aspect of yourself. JT's dream --Maybe the little girl is just a sign that you have been thinking of your son, who recently left the nest for the big world. It hasn't been an easy journey, but it was a wondrous one. So you held his hand and walked up the hill with him and then set him free to see the stars and all of the endless possibilites that life has to offer. :)

Or maybe you were just thinking about being a grandmother. :)

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:42 pm

Hmm . . . that works too. :D
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:59 pm

I've recently had that 'sign up for a class and forget to go' dream. Woke up all paniked. Thing is, I haven't been in school for 9 years.

I also used to dream my teeth were falling out. I'd try to push them back in. Totally icky! But that was mostly after getting my braces off.

Then there was the giant cartoon pink elephant with ammo bandolier rampaging the city godzilla style... but let's not analyze that one.
--
I got hugged

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:34 pm

I've been having all these dreams over the last couple of years that I show up in a classroom (I'm not currently in school) and there's an exam and it's often in French and I spend a good deal of the dream calling the teacher over and whispering that it's not fair and I don't even know French and how am I supposed to do this?

My sister is in Business and she took French and went to France for 6 mos, and she just gradded now.

And the other day I had a dream I was in the same damn classroom, but I finally got my report card and I could go.

I swear, her stupid business class dreams have been invading my nighttime thoughts. Maybe now that she's done they'll stop. lol

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:43 pm

You know what's really baked. I keep having these dreams when I'm back in high school and I know I'm supposed to be in class but I don't show up for like an entire semester. But the thing about it is, I honestly don't remember if i ever did that or not because I never took HS seriously. I dropped out my Jr. year and then got a GED sometime between my 2nd and 3rd child. Most people would remember if they did something like that, but I honestly don't. It seems plausible that I would do something like that, though.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:59 am

I usually know when I've been spending too much time at work when work people and situations just wander into my dreams.

Like the other night, when I dreamt that the President of my company and I were standing before a firing squad :?. Nothing like facing death with your boss' boss' boss.

Or dreams of my designs failing mechanical testing and having to redesign-- except that I have to design something totally different, like a car part.

Or the endless business trip. Or being stuck with the finance guy with whom some of the others in the office tried to set me up.

And that's when I know it's time for a vacation day...
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Chris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:02 am

CoffeeCat wrote:You know what's really baked. I keep having these dreams when I'm back in high school and I know I'm supposed to be in class but I don't show up for like an entire semester. But the thing about it is, I honestly don't remember if i ever did that or not because I never took HS seriously. I dropped out my Jr. year and then got a GED sometime between my 2nd and 3rd child. Most people would remember if they did something like that, but I honestly don't. It seems plausible that I would do something like that, though.

It's been a few years since I've had a HS dream. But years after HS I would still dream that I completely blanked out on my locker combination or that I had no idea where my next class was. I would just walk aimlessly around the school.

Haven't remembered any of my dreams lately.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:26 am

I used to have this horrible recurring dream that there was no record of my HS graduation, and I had to repeat HS before I could get my degree. God, it was awful.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:40 pm

Dude I had that weird Farscape dream last night :? :? :? :? don't remember all of it (unfortunately :( ) but I remember like parts it was like the Farscape characters were all like separated from each other and from Moya, they had their memory erased and they were put on a planet in like an alternate past of a future that was supposed to exist, and they didn't know it but their presence was supposed to change the past to make the future happen. And like they didn't know each other and they didn't know where they were or anything because they had no memories, and they were always like trying to get their memories back and they had like flashes but they didn't remember. But like subconsciously in addition to trying to do whatever it is they were supposed to do they were also trying to find each other and get back to Moya.

So like there was a part where Crichton and Aeryn like met each other in a bar after a long day, they didn't know who they were though and they started a bar fight, well of course Aeryn kicked his ass but then like they both got kicked out of the bar, they were both like totally pissed of course and they started like yelling at each other and arguing and stuff, all while walking in the street then they got to some abandoned wreck of a building, then Aeryn said that's where she lives so they went inside and they kept like arguing all the time. And then Aeryn beat him up again and threw him like 30 feet he hit the wall and some pieces of old rotten wooden boards fell on him. And Aeryn was like "what do you want" and he didn't know, and they got talking and they realized they were like both in the same situation didn't know who they were and had no memories of anything but they felt like they knew each other and they didn't know why.

Well and in the meantime Chiana was planning how to con her way to win like some creature contest to get enough money to get off the planet. But somehow D'Argo found out about her plan and he blackmailed her to be partners because he didn't know what the frell he was doing there either. So like D'Argo pretended he was the owner and Chiana pretended she was the pet alien creature or something. And she did tricks and stuff. And they won the contest and got a lot of money but then they had to wait like a day until they'd be able to escape from the planet because all space transportation was like grounded until they finished building some ramp for the interstellar airport thingy. But D'Argo and Chiana didn't know that and they went to the airport in the morning anyway.

And then in the morning that ramp was being worked on, and who was one of the underpaid workers building the ramp if not Crichton. And Aeryn stalked him there and watched like from a distance because she had a feeling something bad was gonna happen but she didn't know what. And Zhaan was also one of the workers and when Crichton met her she was of course her serene self, they didn't know each other but she had that knowing expression on her face and Crichton just looked at her like what the frell?? :? :? also felt like he knew her like as soon as they met, then everyone had to start working so she walked away to her post looking back at Crichton with that face of hers, and Crichton was just looking at her for a really long time just trying to remember. And they were like working and working and they were nearly done. Then Zhaan sabotaged something and the whole thing started to collapse, and like people were trying to get away and everything there were like hundreds of people, and Crichton was trying to go help people but then he felt himself being pulled away, he looks and he sees Zhaan pulling him away and he's like pissed at her yells at her what the frell did she sabotage the ramp for, and why isn't she letting him save people and that he's gonna turn her in but Zhaan keeps that serene knowing look on her face, even though she doesn't really know what's going on either and she just says in a calm voice "don't you see, it was supposed to happen". And he yells and screams and cries watching the ramp collapse and hundreds of people die and he tries to like get away from Zhaan to go help people, but she's pulling him away and somehow he can't bring himself to fight her and then she just leaves him standing like at a safe distance and he's just like standing there watching and crying, but he doesn't move and Zhaan just walks away looking back at Crichton again with that face, and she walks down some stairs and far away.

And Chiana and D'Argo are like watching like what the frell is going on here, they kinda feel lucky but also scared to death, and Crichton is just standing there alone screaming and crying his eyes out for like a few seconds, until Aeryn joins him she ran all the way from where she was watching to try to help, she saw the whole encounter with Zhaan but by the time she got there it was too late. And she's like totally pissed at herself that she didn't get there in time. She has tears in her eyes. And when she gets there she startles Crichton out of his thoughts and all. And she's like "what the frell just happened??"

Well and then everything fades to white. And then it fades back in, and everyone's on Moya just sitting all bored in the center chamber apparently with no recollection of everything they've just been through. They look really, really bored. And then Crichton throws a small piece of something at Aeryn. And Aeryn goes like "stop that". And Crichton grins. The end :? :? :? :? :?

Whoa. Quite detailed for something I barely remember :? :? :? :?
ImageImage

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:56 am

Why are my dreams always that crazy. Like last night I dreamed that the government was like officially rearranging the order of the states like the first state, the second state etc etc but like not by the order they joined but like by randomly putting the names in a machine thingy kinda like a pinball game, then throwing a rubber ball inside and adding the states by the order it bounces off them. :roll: :? :? :? :lol: And it was like a huge televised event hosted by Tom Bergeron. And it was held like in a big mall or something. And I and some other people were like running through the mall trying to get there on time and then we got there and we sat in the audience. And like some dude in the audience apparently wasn't happy with which states got to be like on top of the list (that the ball bounced off them first) he started yelling like that it was rigged and the government was like gay or whatever and then everyone else started yelling at him to shut the frell up and then security grabbed him and kicked him out. And then the event continued as planned. Like where the frell do I get those weird ass dreams :? :? :? :? :? :?
ImageImage

Return to “General Chat”