Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby Alelou » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:13 pm

WarpGirl wrote: I'm like wanting the Yanks to snatch them up, and get rid of the few "average" guys they've got.

And this is exactly why everyone else wants the Yankees to lose.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:20 pm

OK let me just say that I'm not a typical Yanks fan! I don't only want them to win games, (although it's nice) my fanship is based on the history of the team. Historically, they are the very best. As a ball club they have consistantly chosen and developed the best players, and in general there is a spirit of being comitted to being THE BEST! Now when they goof off and play like cockey jackasses I get ticked off (especially if they win) but when they work, when the dedication kicks in it's MAGIC, you can close your eyes and see Lou, Micky, Joe, and the other greats doing the same thing and it's like nothing else.

Still I'm hoping they can steal those Philly's guys, eye candy for me would be appreciated.

PS It can't be "everyone else" that's statisitcally inaccurate and completely illogical. :vulcan: :guffaw:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Warpgirl, that History you are talking about is why many hate the Yankess. for decades they were the best team that Money could buy. At one time thier owner had such deep pockets he could buy the best. his farm teams were probably better than most Major league teams. because he could buy it.

today, in football (at least out where I live) the USC Trojans are dispised. Hated if you will. They draw the best talent. their alumni associattion provides the best legal perks and it is rumuored that the players get a key to the womens dorm (doubtful) Anyway legally and a bit of under the table gets Pete Carrol top talent. Then too everyone wants to be on a winner. Helps in the NFL Draft.

Everybody may love a winner, but there a lot who hate a winner. ENVY
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:28 pm

My point is that they have to keep earning it. Nevermind.

My whine: I accidently forgot to call my sister back, and now she's going to be ticked off, and I will be yelled at.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:12 am

Whine: I think the game in Philly is going to be rained out, making it impossible for my Yanks to WORK tonight but worse, Bones might be screwed up! It's terrible. Oh rats.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:12 am

While waiting for my son to call to pick him up from his rainy festivities, I started watching "The Wall," a TV movie I wasn't able to see back when it first aired in the 80s because I had a class that night. It's from a wonderful book by John Hersey about the Warsaw Ghetto and the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. Through the magic of Netflix, I can finally see Rachel and Berson portrayed and they are a favorite couple of mine and seem to be very well-cast.

But I'm not even halfway through and I don't know if I can keep watching. I used to immerse myself in Holocaust literature, but I haven't touched it in a long time. And I'm not sure why, but somehow reading it is not quite as gut-wrenchingly horrifying as watching it in live action.

Guess I just need to toughen up. But not right before bedtime. Oh man.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:15 am

I have a rule, no crying before bed. Not that I sleep. But this game is depressing, good thing it's still early. And I kind of like the fact it's a good fight, but Bones on Thursday they can't screw that up.

Fics

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:16 pm

Yep. I like the scrappy ballplayers like Dustin Pedroia. Spunky 5 foot 8 inch ball of fire...grits and grinds and gets every little bit of everything he has to give and puts it on the field... great ballplayer...

The Yankees are just too good this year.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:30 pm

Alelou, and the same kind of thing is being done today to others. The thing about the holocost is that what had been nice people were able o do the most horrible things because they thught there would never be any retributioon or accounting. I realized that it could gappen anywhere when people thought that they would never have to answer for thier crimes that they would dominate forever. The thin eeneer of Civilization. The animal is just below the surface and I fear it is in many of us. I have seen the ferocity of religious hate it boggles the mind. alive and well today.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:33 am

We're good yes but I've got a heck of a lot of respect for the Philly's too, I like them I don't want to them to win, but I like them. And of course they're so darn HOT! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Whine: Pain, and it's ruining my appitite! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:17 am

Silverbullet wrote:Alelou, and the same kind of thing is being done today to others. The thing about the holocost is that what had been nice people were able o do the most horrible things because they thught there would never be any retributioon or accounting. I realized that it could gappen anywhere when people thought that they would never have to answer for thier crimes that they would dominate forever. The thin eeneer of Civilization. The animal is just below the surface and I fear it is in many of us. I have seen the ferocity of religious hate it boggles the mind. alive and well today.

Oh, I'm not arguing that point. I know it still goes on today. The sheer scale and ruthless organization of the Holocaust still boggles the mind, though. In Darfur they burn and murder and rape quite systematically but as far as I know they haven't set up crematoria and a daily quota for feeding them yet.

Finally finished the movie tonight. Sigh. This is one of those rare occasions when the book actually has a happier ending than the movie. I have to wonder why they made that decision, except that I suppose the book ending might come off as cheesy, especially in film. In the book an accordian was involved, sort of the same way that Billie Holiday was used in that Enterprise episode, only in this case very particular to one character, to let you know he was still alive.

Any rate, I wouldn't recommend this movie particularly strongly but the book is amazing.
Image.Image

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:02 pm

My whine: In the last few weeks I seem to be getting more and more headaches. I used to get them every now and then, but it's getting worse now. Seems to upset my sight a bit as well. They come and go though, so I'm sure its nothing too major. Most likely my vision prescription needs changing, but its still a PITA.
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Headaches can be really bad. I wish you can find the right medication.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:30 pm

I had a headache once for at least 12 hours each day for 6 straight weeks. I had a medical workup done, CAT scans etc. and they never found anything. One day it just went away. Doctors figured it was due to stress and anxiety. Weird.

It might be a good idea to get the headaches checked out, though, especially if having them is unusual for you. If it's disturbing your vision, could that be a migraine?

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Bether6074 wrote:...If it's disturbing your vision, could that be a migraine?

Actually, it could be.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “General Chat”