Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Re: What are you...

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:47 pm

...watching?

Saw Morning Glory today, in full knowledge that it would probaly be 12 kinds of awful. I was wrong. It was utterly terrible, barely comprehensible, and hardly worth the time it took to watch. You are so warned.

On that note, my father demanded another care package yesterday. Took me all day to find everything and put it together. Took it to the post office, they assured me the APO he wanted it sent to did not exist. After a long back and forth, we eventually decided (the postmaster and I) that he'd meant an APO that was only one digit off. Told my dad, and now he's claiming I sent his package to Sofia rather than Kabul. It's all kinds of crazy.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Man, and I thought *my* dad was demanding. You get the award. :bow:

You poor thing. But I bet he brags to everyone who will listen about how great you are....even if he never says anything to *you* but "send me more Ritz crackers!" :? :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:58 pm

enterprikayak wrote:Man, and I thought *my* dad was demanding. You get the award. :bow:

You poor thing. But I bet he brags to everyone who will listen about how great you are....even if he never says anything to *you* but "send me more Ritz crackers!" :? :lol:

ha. ha. ha. you're funny.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:59 pm

...watching (today)?

Went and saw Unstoppable today, largely because Chris Pine was in it, in full knowledge it would be a version of Speed with trains. To my suprise, it was actually okay - better than Speed, at least - and, while not the most amazing action movie of the year, it stayed pretty true to the based-on-real-life form. In fact, I'd guess 80-90% of the movie actually might have happened in the story they based it on, which is better than some. Worth the watch, at least.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:27 pm

... watching?

Spoiler clips for the next episode of Castle, in which a victim has apparently died from "explosive decompression." This is clearly a must-see if only because Rick keeps whistling the theme from "The X-Files." 8)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:41 pm

We are busy moving... yesterday I spent my day painting. At the end of the day I took the car and drove together with my three year old son back to my old home. I only took the wrong turn. I asked directions, had some trouble getting out of the place I parked and when we drove away my son remarked "We are lost, aren't we, mama?" (Yes, we were!) "I will find the way" I replied and inspite of me seeing not so very well in the dark I drove back to my new home and found the way to my old home. Husband and my daughter (they took the van we rented for the day) were already home and relieved we made it.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Glad you made it. Soon you will not need to know the way!

Last night I watched a movie called Penelope about a girl with a pig nose because of a curse. It's a modern fairy tale. I really enjoyed it. (But of course I also kept thinking about Tellarites.)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:11 pm

aadarshinah wrote:...watching (today)?

Went and saw Unstoppable today, largely because Chris Pine was in it, in full knowledge it would be a version of Speed with trains. To my suprise, it was actually okay - better than Speed, at least - and, while not the most amazing action movie of the year, it stayed pretty true to the based-on-real-life form. In fact, I'd guess 80-90% of the movie actually might have happened in the story they based it on, which is better than some. Worth the watch, at least.

Speed was amazing. Guess I better see "Unstoppable."
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Thanks for recommending this movie. We will go see it. My husband actually wants to see Unstoppable, which is unusual because with his eyesight problem, he rarely suggests a movie. Well, he really doesn't know or care who the actors are - he just loves trains! Oh, he did watch Startrek: Enterprise with me and looked forward to it each week. When he watches TV, he has a chair just 12 inches from the Screen in order to see as clearly as he is able to. I sit further back and on the couch and to one side of him in order to see the whole screen. But it works for us. At movies, we sit in the front row so he can make out at least some of the action. I lean my head back and try to see the whole screen which is sometimes very overwelming, LOL.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am

Linda, I can sympathize with your Husband. I also have to sit near the screen but can sit about four feet away. Still I wear Dark Glasses to cut down the glare from the screen. Have to use captioning too as my hearing even with Hearing Aids is not that good.

As far as movies go, I cannot because of an over active Bladder keeps me runing to the loo. So I wiat until a film comes on the tube or get the DVD. Rather record it on DVR so I can watch a film stopping it when my eyes get tired and restarting later.

Computer is even harder because the glare is so bad. I cannot wear Dark Glasses and it is impossible to get the damned Computer to set the brightness and contrast properly. Never, Never, get a Dell it is a piece of junk. This is why my writing has almost stopped because I simply cannot look at the screen for very long and I forget what I had in mind.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:22 am

I'm soaking up the bliss of being back in touch with my Fellow Kotorians! We are a very diverse fandom not just in our own individual lives, but within the community itself we have all sorts of "clubs" these are two (almost 3) very complicated games filled with different stories and characters, 13 counting your custom characters and the droids. And the story combinations are infinite! Everyone has a different one.

Well, one "club" is the Onasi Order dedicated to the hero and his son if you play a female character in one of the games. It puts every Trip and T'Pol love thread here to shame. 375 pages long and still goin'. The ladies (and some gents) and I haven't gotten our orange jackets out in a long time. I'm so happy! :happyjump:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:20 am

Sorry for the double but I just got the most stupendous message from a fellow Kotorian about my work.

Kotorian wrote:I still read your stuff!
(Oi, that sounds stalker-ish...)

This is a story I started 5 years, one month and 4 days ago and I haven't touched it in almost 2 years. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got to finish it now I have too!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Aren't delayed comments a kick? I still do figurative cartwheels every time someone favorites one of my stories on ff.net, even the ones I wrote back in 2005 when I started all this mess. I'm like a rat in a cage who gets cheese at unpredictable intervals when he presses the lever. There's just nothing like intermittant positive reinforcement to alter behavior, is there? :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:39 pm

Loooove delayed comments. They're the only kind I can get as I haven't contributed in *ahem* a while. :roll:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Well it about Rocked my Galaxy far far away... I PM'd the boss to find out if I could put a link to the Haulking beast in my sig. Not sure what the rules are for linking to stories that have no ST connection at all.

What am I... eating... SUSHI! I went and did errends all day with my sis and nephew my leg hurts so I picked up some sushi while grocery shopping, it's my luxery.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”