What are you...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Re: What are you...

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:55 pm

My mother, upon seeing the decorations, told me that I was "evil" and quite possibly not in my right mind. :D It was great.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:30 pm

You are evil. But perhaps you should consider retail.

(And pssst .... your signature quote, wonderful as it is, needs proofreading.)

It's Friday! I'm home but clearly still in teacher mode. Must lose that ASAP.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Worked at an AT&T retail store for a couple of years... and then I got laid off. That has to be where it's coming from....

My brother has been home for all of 20 min and has said nothing to me about the decorations. My mission has failed... Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:23 pm

aadarshinah wrote:My mother, upon seeing the decorations, told me that I was "evil" and quite possibly not in my right mind. :D It was great.

I get that all the time. Why is it so darn satisfying? :twisted:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:56 pm

doing? Trying to get used to my new wig. My alopecia has gotten so bad in the past few weeks I had to get a wig. Good thing for me there's a shop that caters to women with medical conditions that involve hair loss nearby. The woman who owns the place is an angel. I got a great hairpiece for a reasonable prie, and I think it looks pretty good. I will have to post a picture. The problem is that since today is my first day wearing it out, I have a lot of explaining to do. It's much longer and thicker than my bio hair. I HATE calling attention to myself, and I'd really rather not talk about it at all, but I have no choice. I know in a few days it will be a non-issue, but for the time being it's going to be very awkward for me. I hope I don't have to wear this for more than a couple of weeks, but my condition may have turned a corner for the worse, and it may not get any better. Or it may go into remission temporarily or permanently tomorrow, who knows. :dunno: Alopecia is highly unpredictable.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:03 pm

You could go loud and proud:

Q: Is that your own hair?

A: I hope so! I paid for it!

:?

If it's any help, you look beautiful in all the pictures I've seen of you. Still, Poor Aikeweezie :( :hug:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:55 pm

Now I'm considering donating my mop. I was going to wait another year because I wanted to donate 10 inches without cutting it short. I hate my face with short hair. But now I feel guilty. My advice if you don't want to talk about it, just refuse. It's nobody's dang business. I understand sometimes I'm walking and fine other days I can't move on my own without a wheelchair and a person helping. And I don't like to explain it either. So if you don't want too don't. And if somebody doesn't like that screw them.

Don't get me wrong, loud and proud has its place. But I'm of the opinion that wanting privacy is NOT the same thing as being ashamed. Frankly it ticks me off that society equates it as embarrassment.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Thanks, JT!

Someone DID ask me at my son's school if that was my hair and I said "Some of it is." She looked really confused so I sent her an email a little while ago in which I explained what was up (I had to email her about something else anyway). Sometimes I can be way too forthcoming with information. I think it's my way of diverting things. I even posted a pic of me wearing it on Facebook declaring "I have a new do!" Not mentioning that it's not growing out of my head, mind you.

Warpgirl, I totally agree about the whole privacy thing. I REALLY wish this was a non-issue. It is intensly embarassing to me. But not nearly as embarassing a walking around with the back of your head mostly bald, though! I think it's great when women (or men!) donate their hair. The woman who fitted me with this one told me there are more people out there wearing supplemental hair because of alopecia than you would realize. She does wigs for little girss who are 4 & 5 years old who have lost all their hair.

Wigs come short, medium and long. I don't like my hair short, even though it is short right now, so I went with the medium piece. If I would have gone shorter it would be less noticible, but I think this is sexy!!!!! Hey, when life gives you lemons, right?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:36 am

Oh absolutely! I've always planned to donate my hair, however I have to find someone I trust to cut it. I have shaved my head for medical reasons one too many times. Unfortunately it's made me vain and selfish. I'll do it eventually. I'm not dying until I do it at least once. But you're right the whole thing is nobody's business. So I still say screw anyone who tries to force you to talk about it. It doesn't mean you're not proud of who you are. Us chronically non-healthy people deserve to choose who knows what.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:59 am

I donated 40 inches of hair in 2001 when I cut off my 4 foot tresses and walked away with a short blonde do. :) Sent the braid to Wigs for Kids.

Frustrating for ya though Aiki.... hope it all settles in nicely over the next few days.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:02 am

I really like your hair now ek. :thumbsup:

Aikiwieezie I'm sending warm fuzzies. I'm hoping they help put your body back in alignment. Now if only my own body would get back in alignment... :roll:

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:30 pm

....watching?

Just got back from seeing Red which, while I know has been out in theatres for a couple of weeks now, is definately worth a watch. The "good guys" are still pretty bad, some of the "bad guys" aren't really, and, well, I mightn't ever get the dvd, but I'd watch it again if it came on TV.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:29 pm

I want to see it! Although I hope Mary Louise Parker can erase my memory of her character on The West Wing.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:39 pm

I enjoyed her charector in Angels in America, but, then again, I've undo fondness for that play... so my opinion might be coloured. Still, pretty decent movie... I'm glad that it's getting to winter again, if only for the movies. they always seem to come out in droves around Novemeber...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:41 pm

I like Mary-Louise Parker in general, she is an amazing actress. But the character Amy Gardner I hate worse than Tolaris. But truth be told, I want to see Red for Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, and most importantly, Helen Mirran. Helen Mirrian is a goddess.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”