Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What are you...

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:19 am

Oh Brad! :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

Right now I'm having a heart attack because Yankees and Angels are tied in the 11th inning, and yikes it was close in the 10th. Go Yankees GO!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:36 am

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!

Go Gators.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:41 am

Yeah well my guys LOST! And I HATE that they lost to such an inferior club. I'd take a loss to the Boston Red Sox better than I take this, at least with Boston you're losing to a time honored rivalry, and a semi-honerable enemy. But THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's humiliating. Ever since they fired Joe Torrie it's just been low-class all the way. COME ON Yankees! Remember your pride, your honor, the fact that you have been the best team in the MLB since the glory years. Stop this infantile lazyness and play the game like you're supposed too play it! At least they're still in the lead and can make it to the series... :roll:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm shopping for another car. I am not happy about it. I love my little car but it is getting too old and tired. It wants to retire!

My car quit three times last week, once on a free way curve in rush hour which caused me, when there was a slight break in traffic, to dump out my purse, grab my cell phone and run to get off the bridge. I was sure my car would get hit even in the breakdown lane, with flashers on, as cars were going too fast and were half in the breakdown lane to make it around the curve. While still in my car, looking in the mirror, I saw them one by one swerving away from my car, not seeing my car until the one in front of it swerved. They were coming as fast as you can say wfit, wfit, wfit - which is the sound I heard, they were so close to my rear bumper. It was almost mesmerizing. By some miracle my car was not hit. Maybe being in the breakdown lane with flashers on did help.

By no means can I turn in a seven minute mile running like I could thirty years ago...accept for getting off that bridge curve and onto a grassy area where I could safely use my cell phone. I quess I still have a healthy sense of self preservation and quick reactions when I need them. With my cell phone I called the police, a tow truck and my daughter. After a few minutes, there was a long break in the traffic, so I went back to my car and removed the key from the ignition, grabbed my coat (I was shivering violently and not just from the cold weather), and purse and walked off the freeway where my daughter came up with a friend who had a car. We waited for the tow truck, to whom I apoligized for the precarious place he had to pick my car off of, even though rush hour was now over. He said he had been in much worse. He had cars miss him by inches when he was hooking up disabled vehicles.

So I am now car shopping to replace my 214,000 mile stick shift duel cam sporty little Saturn which until this week had never failed me.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Hey Linda one of my sisters, is on her 5th car in 3 years. I'd say you're doing amazing .

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Good luck, Linda. It's probably a great time to buy a new car. Murder shopping for used cars, from what I hear. The used car salesmen are out shopping the want ads too, becaues they're so desperate for stock.
Image.Image

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:10 pm

I was looking at a 2002 Saturn Vue, but several people have told me it is not a good vehicle in winter. But it was stick shift, which I like and the test drive was okay. Does anyone here have experience with this model? Otherwise there is a Ford Focus wagon that I am looking at.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Linda wrote:I'm shopping for another car. I am not happy about it. I love my little car but it is getting too old and tired. It wants to retire!

Do you know "Fiat 500 "? It's a legend, I think.
It was my first car. I was young. How many memories! And, above all, how many memories... about my wife! And...
"HEY! HON! I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING! I WAS JOKING! PLEASE! :mrgreen: YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU! I WAS JOKING WITH MY FRIENDS! NOTHING ELSE! PLEASE! STOP! ST..." :bow:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Asso, there are Fiats here, but they are kind of rare. "Biscuit", yes, I gave my car a name, LOL, is my fourth car. I tend to keep my cars a long, long, time because I use the bus a lot. And I get attached to them like a pet. Kind of stupid, eh? Well, my mechanic told be to start looking for another car a year ago, and I have spent way too much money trying to keep the old girl going. But now it is critical because I can no longer trust my car not to quit on me, which is a very disquieting feeling.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:36 pm

No it isn't stupid depending on the car. When I was little we had a little Subaru, named Ruby! She was a wonderful little car full of memories. We cried when we got a new one.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:17 pm

I'm quite fond of my '95 'baru. It has over 150,000 mi on it, but I won't be surprised if it makes it to 250,000. If anything I expect the body and the plastic bits to fall apart first.

Plus it's a good car in the snow. Yay, 'baru!

(Knock wood.)
Image.Image

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:16 pm

My car (a Citroën Xantia) just passed the annual mandatory check-up. Thank God, 'cause I was late in getting that done and was technically not allowed to drive it after October 1st.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Navigator » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Asso wrote:
Linda wrote:I'm shopping for another car. I am not happy about it. I love my little car but it is getting too old and tired. It wants to retire!

Do you know "Fiat 500 "? It's a legend, I think.
It was my first car. I was young. How many memories! And, above all, how many memories... about my wife! And...
"HEY! HON! I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING! I WAS JOKING! PLEASE! :mrgreen: YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU! I WAS JOKING WITH MY FRIENDS! NOTHING ELSE! PLEASE! STOP! ST..." :bow:

Oh, wow! A 500; those are smaller than most riding lawnmowers. I'm surprised you're not an orthopedist so you could straighten out your own spine. And there are a million comments I could make. :happyjump: However, I don't want the Carabinieri after me.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:58 am

I am a Ford man. Had Fords all of my life with the exception of a 55 Buick Century. that buick was built like a tank. Once was rear ended by a Caddilac going 30 MPH. Caddy bounced of the Buick. No damage ot either Car. These days it would be total wipe out for both. anyway, Last Ford I had was a Ranger Pickup. got it with 50,000 miles on it and drove it until it had 200,000 miles. Sold it and it is still going. Never gave me any trouble. Only had to change oil, minor tune one every six months and that was it. Best thing about a Ford is the Heater. Drive one right out of the Car it gets so warm. Don't know about today. Have not dirven in years. Age and sight keep from behind the wheel I would be a menance on the highway.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:03 pm

Looks like I will be getting a Ford Focus if it passes my mechanic's inspection today. Yeah, Ford! But I will miss my sassy little Saturn.

Return to “General Chat”