Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby TPoptarts » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:06 am

I'm getting sick again :( or maybe it's just my frelling allergies. My throat is sore. And my nose too. And it's really annoying. :( :evil: :explode:

And I'm supposed to lay off the stress. And I was okay before Jungle Boy came back, but now that he's back I've been getting worse because he makes me stressed out all the time, keeps knocking on my door like every 5 minutes and doesn't give me any space because he always wanna "talk to me" AKA he just wants me to be with him cuz he ain't got nothing to say anyway, he's just being a selfish alcoholic as usual, and I told him I need space and he stresses me out and I can't do this anymore and he always goes like I'm sorry, I'm selfish etc but then he keeps going doesn't let me go back to my room, and when I do manage to somehow "end" the nonexistent "conversation" he goes and gets another drink then comes right back to knock on my door to tell me how he got another drink and he's drinking it and he's feeling all miserable etc. I can't do this any more. What am I supposed to do :( I'm his only friend and as long as I'm his friend he won't listen to me he won't give me space, whenever I tell him he has to give me space or that I have stuff to do or whatever he takes it like totally out of context and interprets it as rejection as if I hate him or whatever because he wants people (namely me because I'm his only friend) to feel sorry for him, and I honestly can't feel sorry for him because he's the one ruining his own life he makes his choices and doesn't wanna accept help so WTF. He always says like how he's basically a good guy just sick, not like violent or whatever and he would never hurt me etc, but right now this is hurting me all the stress he's giving me is hurting me, I feel like I'm the mother of a really frelled up 30 year old. (Like even MORE frelled up than me I didn't think THAT was even possible :? ) Beating people up isn't the only way to hurt them you know :? :roll: and I just don't think he gets it. He thinks he's just being a "nice guy" who really needs a friend. He's addicted to his booze and he's addicted to me. And I'm not addicted to anything. Especially not to stuff that hurts me. And I just want him to stop and give me my space. And I don't know what I'm supposed to do :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageImage

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:14 pm

It's called manipulation. (His.)

And if you let him get away with it, you're being codependent. The best favor you can do him, in the long run, is to not let him get away with it and take care of yourself.

If this guy is really part of your life, consider finding a local support group like Families Anonymous or Adult Children of Alcoholics, especially if this is a pattern repeating from your childhood.

You're not responsible for him. Don't let him make you responsible.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:48 pm

I also have had a sore throat since yesterday. :evil: Thankfully it hasn't developed into a cold. Not yet anyway... :?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:58 am

I feel like dren :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageImage

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:57 am

The Adventures of T'Poptarts in the ER
Episode 273
:? :roll: :faint:

Gah too tired and sick to actually type the whole story right now. Maybe later :?
ImageImage

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:49 am

TPoptarts wrote:The Adventures of T'Poptarts in the ER
Episode 273
:? :roll: :faint:

Gah too tired and sick to actually type the whole story right now. Maybe later :?

We hope you feel better soon :(
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:46 pm

Sore throat and a (now light) fever on my day off work. Slept for about 11 hours tonight/today. :?

That probably does not not top T'Poptarts' problems.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:58 pm

Well, we're sorry for both of you. Hope you feel better soon.
Image.Image

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:30 am

Well it went like this

Every Sunday morning my friend gives out free groceries to the poor people outside. So I went to get food for the week as usual and I was really sick I've been sick since like Friday, and I took Saturday off and I was supposed to work Sunday too but I felt even worse than Saturday I felt really weak and I think I was a little feverish but I'm not sure cuz I don't have a thermometer. And also on Saturday I hardly ate anything because I felt like dren, and also Jungle Boy knocked on my door in the middle of the night to "talk to me" woke me up and then I had to tell him AGAIN don't frelling knock on my door in the middle of the night!! Like I keep telling him to stop knocking on my door in crazy hours he can't "need a friend" in the middle of the night. And he always apologizes etc but then he keeps doing that!! WTF I told him last night and the night before that and the night before that but he doesn't frelling get it. So he woke me up again and he KNEW I was sick and weak, I opened the door all half dead to tell him to go away and went back to bed. But then it took me like several hours to fall asleep again. Grrrr I barely had any sleep.

So anyway I get up Sunday morning at 7:30am hungry, sick, exhausted and of course STRESSED OUT thank you Jungle Boy :evil: , the food truck showed up at like 8 so I went outside got some groceries and talked to my friend for a little while and he checked and said he thought I had fever, then all of the sudden I started to feel like I was gonna pass out and from the moment I started to feel like that until after I woke up everything's kinda like the light's on but nobody's home, I mean like I remember everything perfectly not like "what happened where am I how did I get here", but it doesn't really feel like a memory, it feels more like a dream :? :dunno: I remember I told my friend I was starting to feel really bad and then he touched my shoulder and prayed for me, then I somehow managed to drag myself back to the zoo all the way upstairs to my room, and I was getting the keys out to open the door and that's when I dropped. And I was out for a few seconds. It was kinda weird because I dropped into a sitting position not like splat on the floor. Then after a few seconds I woke up sitting on the floor with the keys in my hand got up and opened the door and went to bed. Also it was like weird that it took me at least 3 minutes from the moment I started to feel like I'm gonna pass out until I actually passed out... it's usually like WAY more immediate. :? :faint:

And like my friend with the food truck went to get some more food from another store then came back and came upstairs to get me so I told him I passed out and asked if he could give me a ride to the hospital. So he took me to the hospital it was like the first time I didn't have to wait and went right in :shock: :faint: well it wasn't the poor people hospital but still I've had to wait plenty in that hospital too even in the middle of the night. And they took my vitals etc, by that time I didn't have fever anymore but I still felt really weak, and my BP was normal I guess, well it's like hypotension most of the time but it's normal for me it's always been like that and it doesn't make me pass out or anything. Then they did an EKG and said it was normal. And took a urine sample.

And THEN they wanted to stick a needle in me!!!! I HATE NEEDLES!!!!!! And I was hyperventilating and I felt really dizzy like I was about to faint and if I werent lying down with my legs elevated I probably would have, and the nurse put this "numbing cream" on me which was *supposed to* numb the area but didn't, and I was screaming like "IT'S NOT NUMB!! IT'S NOT NUMB!!" but she just kept going like why are you behaving like this you're not a little kid etc, gah what the frell is wrong with everybody why don't they get that needle phobia has nothing to do with age!!! It's seriously pissing me off :evil: and she put the IV catheter and it HURT and it kept hurting the whole day I couldn't move my arm I couldn't fold it because it felt like it was gonna come out the other side it just hurt so bad, I couldn't even move my wrist everything just made it hurt even more. It still hurts now sometimes like when I had to take out the trash it made it hurt. See why I hate needles that's why. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Then they drew blood and pumped me full of fluids and did a chest x-ray for the cough and for some reason gave me nausea medicine even though I wasn't pukey :? :roll: and I kept freaking out about the little bubbles in the IV and I wasn't the only one because I heard another patient outside my room asking the same stuff. Whut I've never had an IV before except when I was like days old and way too young to remember. I guess that's one way to give someone gas :? well and then I just lied in bed for hours and I couldn't even sleep because my arm was hurting. And then the doctor said I have urinary tract infection (again :? ) then they gave me IV antibiotics. Then I lied in bed for a few more hours and I was starving so they gave me some lunch. After asking me like a million times if I felt pukey and I told them a million times NO!! :roll: :? And my right arm was hurting from the IV I had to use the knife and fork with the same hand. :? And gah who puts salt in SPINACH for crying out loud. Especially THAT much. :shock: :faint:

Well and then I lied in bed some more, and then they discharged me because my bloodwork was normal and they said I had the urinary tract infection and bronchitis and gave me a prescription for levaquin. And I called my friend and he came to pick me up then we went to try to get the meds but it was like $102 :shock: :faint: so I didn't get it. And he called one of the doctors from church who gives meds for free to see if he had it and he said he was gonna get levaquin today. So we went there today and then he said he's gonna get it tomorrow morning. So now I'm still sick and without meds :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: well but at least I don't feel as weak as I felt yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow I'll finally get my meds :?
ImageImage

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:41 am

I've had UTIs and they are usually very painful. I've heard something about drinking Cranberry juice helps. You probably really need the antibiotic, though. Hope you feel better soon.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Yep, feel better. And I'm proud of you for getting that IV in even with your phobia. I'm glad your friend was able to help you.

Nausea is common when your kidneys are involved, so that may be why they kept asking you about it. Your kidneys are part of your urinary tract. Make sure you drink a lot of fluids. That will help. And when you get them take your antibiotics ALL THE WAY UNTIL THEY'RE DONE, not just until you feel better -- or you could end up with a worse infection.
Image.Image

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Here's a hint for when you're poor and seeking medical attention: tell the doctor you're broke and don't have insurance and you need cheap meds!! I've heard that doctors and hospitals get kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies for pushing their drugs, so natch they're gonna go for the latest/greatest/most expensive ones first. That's why the drug reps come weekly/monthly/whatever, bringing lunch or donuts or other little gifties for the staff. Any way, just as an example if you're not allergic to penicillin, I've been prescribed Keflex for both conditions before (I think--I know I've had it for the bronchitis but I can't remember for the UTI), and it's cheap --it was something like 20 bucks for a 10-day supply the last time I had to have it. From what I understand any penicillin derivative is relatively cheap so if you're not allergic to it, don't be afraid to come out and say so during a doctor's visit.

So whenever I break down and see a doctor, I do one of two things: either what I said above by telling them that I need cheap meds, or if you have Wal-Mart or Kroger stores out there, both their pharmacies have a long list of $4.00 generic medicaions, so go to their websites and print off the list and keep it someplace handy in case you have to go to the doctor. When you go, hand them the list and ask if anything on there could be used to treat you. If you speak up and explain your situation, generally they'll work with you because their first priority is to get you well, and they can't do that if you can't afford the treatment.

Also, if there are drugs that you take on an ongoing basis (ie, I get migraines so I have to keep Imitrex or Treximet around), you can often write to the pharmaceutical companies that make them and ask if they have programs for the uninsured to offer the drugs at a lower price. Some are fixed prices, some are sliding scale based on income, you just have to ask. My mom is a nurse and she says many of the companies have these types of programs, but natch they don't advertise them, because they want to sell as many full-priced drugs as possible.

Either way, it's all just a matter of stepping up to the plate and doing a little research, because it helps to be an informed consumer when going to the doctor, too.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:06 am

Day 2 without meds and I'm feeling worse :( :cry:

Target has the $4 prescriptions too that's where I got the cipro last time. But this time they didn't prescribe cipro they prescribed levaquin. Which is expensive :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and like I was supposed to get the meds yesterday but the doctor didn't have them and said he was gonna get the shipment today. Today he didn't get the shipment either. I don't know what I'm gonna do :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And the inside of my elbow where they put the IV is all red. :?
ImageImage

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:50 am

TPoptarts wrote:Day 2 without meds and I'm feeling worse :( :cry:

Target has the $4 prescriptions too that's where I got the cipro last time. But this time they didn't prescribe cipro they prescribed levaquin. Which is expensive :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and like I was supposed to get the meds yesterday but the doctor didn't have them and said he was gonna get the shipment today. Today he didn't get the shipment either. I don't know what I'm gonna do :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And the inside of my elbow where they put the IV is all red. :?

Call the ER and explain the situation. Tell them you cannot afford your meds, and ask if they can phone in something you can afford to the pharmacy. You'll be fine; you just have to be proactive.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:51 am

What she said. Be persistent.
Image.Image