Congratulations Aikiwezie.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: The Happy News thread

Postby Linda » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Great news both of you!

Panyasan, it is exciting that your family is getting your own house with a garden. I hope you are comfortable and happy there.

Aikiweezie, how great to land a good acting part! I do hope you get to have some scenes with those prominent actors. It sounds like a movie that I would love to see.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Linda wrote: Aikiweezie, how great to land a good acting part! I do hope you get to have some scenes with those prominent actors. It sounds like a movie that I would love to see.

Linda, I think my "acting" will be limited to not calling attention to myself while in the background. :guffaw: I'll be lucky to be seen. It should be fun, though.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:30 pm

Good news from crazy central :mrgreen: They pried the titanium plate out of my carcass, that they nailed to my ribs in july. All went well and ol' Kotik is ok again :mrgreen:

Still nursing a bruised ankle from the motorway shunt, but I think I'll be good to go back to work on monday :D

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Oh my! Glad you're on the mend.

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:33 am

Aikiweezie wrote:I've been cast as a "scientist" in Steven Soderbergh's "Contagion!" :happyjump:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598778/

Woot! Congratulations!!! Is it a speaking role, or a featured extra role? :-)

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:11 am

EntAllat wrote:
Aikiweezie wrote:I've been cast as a "scientist" in Steven Soderbergh's "Contagion!" :happyjump:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598778/

Woot! Congratulations!!! Is it a speaking role, or a featured extra role? :-)

It's not a speaking role, I'm sure of that. I'd call it a featured extra. Doesn't ensure I won't end up as a blurr in the background or on the cuting room floor. :lol:

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:40 am

[sarcasm]
Ol' Kotik's back to work for the 2nd day. No pestilence struck me down, no one nerfed me into the armco on the motorway, no heavy object fell on my head and nobody mugged me. Guess you'll have to be grateful for small mercies :lol: :lol:
[/sarcasm]

On a happier note. My papers arrived and I can start my PPL-A courses next february. Early 2012 ol' Kotik's gonna be a private pilote. Crazy as I am, I actually bought a plane before starting pilot school :lol:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:35 am

My dad's been flying single engine planes as a hobby since I was a child. He tried to convince me to get my license but I never took the time to do it. I've been in gliders, float planes and tail draggers as a passenger since I was ten, though. He had a plane when I was 14 that was so small and lightweight that the back seat passenger (only one person would fit behind the pilot) had to hold the doors shut so they wouldn't pop open when it took off. It was a blast. :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am

Off to the pumpkin farm with the Indian Community School preschoolers tomorrow. Grandma calls the back seat on the bus so she can bounce over the bumps in the road. I want my own pumpkin too. Nothing like old lady age reversal is there? Gonna hang out with three-year-olds. Yeah! Then on Sunday, darn, gotta be a grownup again and winterize the boat.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:04 am

LOL! Both sound like fun, but winterizing the boat must be a little sad too.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Happy, awesome news relating to my employment. A surprise opportunity came my way this week (as in on Wednesday, it was "Send me your resume" and Thursday it was "can you come in tomorrow for an interview?" which culminated in said interview a couple of hours ago.)

Result? I've got a new job. Project manager at a software development company. Basically, I'm going to be coordinating various projects, dealing with the customers, and ultimately writing the tech manuals for our software. No pay increase immediately - although honestly? I'm starting off making exactly the same I make now with a planned increase in 90 days, as opposed to the 6 months or more raise schedule I have at my current company - but the hours are normal, I have weekends off, and the work environment just freaking rules. (The boss has all sorts of Star Wars stuff in his office.) Truthfully, the entire interview felt like a formality, as if the boss had already decided to hire me and was just going through the motions (which makes one feel fricking awesome, BTW.)

So yeah ... verra excited. :)
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:50 pm

:happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: Just awesome Rigil! I'm very glad for you.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:20 am

That's fabulous! Congratulations!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:17 am

Wonderful, Rigil! I'm so glad.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “General Chat”