Calling All Cooks

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: Calling All Cooks

Postby justTripn » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:24 pm

Grrr wrote:JT didn't you post a peanut butter sauce recipe somewhere? I've gone threw this whole topic and can't find it. Can you post it again or link to it?

Grrr

jT me? Wasn't me, sorry! :?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Now that I've picked up my computer I've gone through it as well. :duh:

Sorry! I could have sworn I saw something about peanut butter noodles at Christmas time. I think I must read way to many recipes.

Grrr

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Grrr wrote:JT didn't you post a peanut butter sauce recipe somewhere? I've gone threw this whole topic and can't find it. Can you post it again or link to it?

I think WarpGirl wanted a baked bean recipe a long time ago. I have only eaten canned vegetarian baked beans and they all have onions.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 0481123636

This recipe has bacon. If it is the one I was thinking of, I've actually eaten it years ago. It does call for onions but I think you could probably substitute garlic or maybe bell peppers?

Grrr

You're so sweet Grrr! I gave up the pescatarianism due to circumstances beyond my control. That and my health problems are marginally better, so eating meat doesn't make me sick anymore. But thanks for thinking of me!

Linda wrote:If anyone likes to cook with pears, I and my daughter just canned over 40 quarts of pears! If you come to my house, you can take home a quart. All the pears came from ONE TREE that lives in our yard. And there are still some pears left on the tree. Anyone have some pear recipes I can add to my collection?

Too bad you can't just ship them to us! :-p My sister, (the dessert queen) has an awesome carmelized pear and custard recipy. I'll try and get it!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:53 pm

I like pears as much as the next person, but have no idea how to cook with them. The only recipe I know with them in it is this Korean recipie my dad got... well, in Korea... and it is good - the first time. But my dad had a tendency to make it at least 2x a week while he was home. *shudders*

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:07 pm

I like pears with cottage cheese. Also with port wine poured on them. Don't much like them cooked, though. Too mushy.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 pm

I think I have perfected egg salad! Not only does tonight's dinner taste fabulous but it looks pretty. Usually egg salad doesn't look yummy it just tastes yummy. Anyway here's the recipy...

Eggs

Coriander

Dried Sage

Paprika (sweet)

Mustard (I really think good Dijon is the only way to go)

And good Mayo

Now I know it's rediculously simple, but I'm sure the dressing would work on chicken salad and potatoe salad too. It really is good.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 am

Does anyone know if baby food in jars is precooked? I figured it was and used some sweet potato to give some medicine to my pet rats. Then when I looked at the it just had microwave directions but didn't say precooked. According to what I've been reading online (great source I know) raw sweet potatoes has a something that turns into cyanide in rats. I need to know if I should start monitering them to see if they need to go to an e-vet. :banghead:

Grrr (but i got my pets fixed)

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:42 am

Babyfood in jars is meant to be fed to babies directly out of the jar, so it's got to be pre-cooked. I seriously doubt that your rats have anything to worry about. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:45 am

Grr pet rats huh? Very unique. To answer your question, if it's regular Gerbers baby food yep pre-cooked. Just because you have the option of re-heating doesn't mean it's raw. If I remember right baby foods have to lable if they're raw if sold in markets.

BTW Watched Throwdown With Bobby Flay tonight and he was robbed because his competitors altered their original recipy, which defeats the purpose entirely. But I got a great recipy for Salmon Chowder.

Fics

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 am

Thank you both so much! :happyjump: I was just checking their paw color. They wouldn't open their mouths.

Grrr

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:53 am

No problem glad to help.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:20 am

Wow, I bet when you started this thread you never thought it would be used for rat triage, eh?

:lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:45 am

Well yes that did surprise me. But hey, it is the internet. Stranger things have happened.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:12 am

Now that *is* true. :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:31 am

Hey my question was about baby food and not rats so I thought this was the better topic. :roll: But I guess I should get us back on topic since I got us off. Me and a friend worked up this peanut butter sauce recipe on the phone one day. I was looking for something to put on left over noodles so it needs to be about the consistency of a tomato sauce.

1/4 cup light coconut milk
1/4 cup peanut butter to start off
a little bit of onion powder or garlic powder
a little bit of ginger
1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce* -more or less to taste
soy sauce to taste

*Hoisin sauce has onion. The person who helped me make this suggested a little tamarind paste instead.

Here's the link to the original recipe. It has yummy kale.

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=14422.0

Grrr

Return to “General Chat”