Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Dreams

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 am

Okay what's with the Batman dreams. :shock: Like I had this dream that I was living in some kinda apartment complex (I wish :( :cry: ) and for some reason Batman was my next door neighbor. And Robin was there too. And it was like Christmas and everyone was getting presents, well everyone but me I didn't get anything. But Batman was getting so many presents in the mail they kept piling up outside his door, it was such a big pile of presents that they started rolling down the stairs. Um and that's it. :? :dunno:
ImageImage

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:12 pm

No one overanalyze this, but I dreamed I was the one in charge of taking care of Michael Jackson (you know, all of the figurative hand holding, coaxing him to try to eat, sleep, and not abuse his medication.) In the dream, I also wanted to gain his trust and get him to go outside on some activity. But he couldn't sleep and was in alot of pain and the whole situation was quickly discouraging.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:44 pm

So I meant to come over and talk about this the other night, but I got caught up in the excitement of working with those challenge threads in the Bread 'n Butter section that I kept forgetting.

CRAZY dream!! I was traveling with a couple of people and we ended up at this crappy hotel that wanted more money for their room than a nicer place. I talked the guy down in price but I was still annoyed and feeling ripped off. Later, up in the room, we saw BUGS--lots of 'em, and different kinds. I went down to complain and demand a refund, and somehow it came to pass that Sylar from Heroes was there and he had bodies stashed there and that's why we had bugs. :shock: So now we're afraid for our lives, but there's already another threat: the Visitors. So somehow it becomes this Sylar vs. the Visitors thing, and we were watching them trying to take each other out, not really sure who to root for because whoever won, it was still gonna be bad! :shock:

See? Told ya it was crazy!
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:01 pm

justTripn wrote:No one overanalyze this, but I dreamed I was the one in charge of taking care of Michael Jackson (you know, all of the figurative hand holding, coaxing him to try to eat, sleep, and not abuse his medication.) In the dream, I also wanted to gain his trust and get him to go outside on some activity. But he couldn't sleep and was in alot of pain and the whole situation was quickly discouraging.

What with your avatar and all this is funny. :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:57 pm

I told my husband about the dream and we were at the "This is It" movie, and he turned to me sadly and said, "Poor PET NAME. You did a really bad job." lol . . . And I go, "I know . . ."

Maybe you had to be there, but it was kind of sweet, bittersweet.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:06 pm

Okay... You don't want to share your PET NAME with us, or he calls you PET NAME?

You really do like to take good care of people, JT!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 pm

OK! A relevant dream! (Relevant to the forum) I dreamed I was looking a set of cartoons drawn by Escriba and admiring them and thinking how cool and funny they were and being impressed at how quickly she could draw. What is weird is that when I woke up, these cartoons were so clear in my head that I could probably have copied them onto a paper.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Mmmm... OK... That's... weird :lol:

Do you still remember how the cartoons were? Or about what? I could try to redo them :D

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:28 am

Well in my dream you were illustrating this classic children's story that we all know, except when I woke up I realized no such classic exists. But it involved a silly pig, a little boy and an eagle, lol . . .

And by the way! I belatedly read about the accident. So glad you're still with us. :hug:

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:13 pm

I have been remembering a lot of dreams lately. But if I don't write them down immediately, they go away. I don't know what it is about increased dreaming or waking up remembering them at this time. But we are terribly busy with holiday season stuff and the amount of sleep we get has been variable.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ludmila » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:40 pm

I remember quite vividly my first TnT dream. I had it 2 or 3 years ago. I was there in some high-ceilinged restaurant with very big hall and the beautiful landscape outside the windows something like this place was in the skyscraper situated in the rural area.
I sat down to table and drew attention to the pair at the next table. I saw TnT in their Enterprise coveralls but I perceived this view as some pair with their faces were vaguely familiar. I took the initiative which was not characteristic of me in real life and approached these people. In spite of my boldness and indiscretion they accepted me for their table and we had a nice chat some times. :happyjump:
At last I suspected the origin of my recognition them and asked them whether they are TnT or not. When I got the positive answer, my inner voice exclaimed that it is impossible, that they are even not Connor and Jolene. I woke up in the shock. :banghead:
It was regrettable because I may usually watch my sleep to the end in the drowsy (or putting it more accurately "semi-awaked") state and govern the scenario.

By the way, I decided to verify the spelling of Trinneer's name and I found out that only "Star Trek 101" by Terry J. Erdman & Paula M. Block called him "Conner" on the page 249.

Tonight I watched the medley of different scenes and only one was Enterprise-related. In my dream I had real-life trekkies friends (and it is not the case in the "real" RL) and I told them my idea of new fanfic challenge and said before posted it at TriS I must write my example and I even had some plotlines in my dream. Waked up I decided that it is different challenge not only for my writing but and may be so for others and even for readers. So I'll write that idea only in this "Dreams" thread. But I would be very glad to read those stories if somebody could write them.
For this challenge the author and the readers must choice such story which all participants have read or have watched in the same execution. For example, there are many different filming of "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea", "Around the World in 80 Days" by Jules Verne or "Winnie-the-Pooh".
The idea is not to write the crossover but to rewrite the specific scene shoehorning TnT and other Enterprise characters in the bodies of original characters there from that scene hinting to the readers only unusual facial expressions, wording and maybe reactions on the unaccustomed for them actions which they must do. And it would be interesting not repeating the experience of "Observer Effect" when the writers select the same personalities for our heroes (the older, self-contained and experienced one and the young enthusiastic reckless another). For example, IMHO it might be funny (or poignant subject to wishes of the writer) to look at the scene from American cartoon version of "Winnie-the-Pooh" with T'Pol as a Tigger and Trip as Piglet or Eeyore and Phlox as Owl. It might be super-alternative universes SAU because our heroes must display their essence not only in the world with the different arrangement and the different starting state but overcome the habits alien to them and come out of their shells. It might be story the kind of "I woke up in the alien body and may not simple tell about it to others". IMHO it may be interesting to guess who from the characters of the original story is our hero under the cover of another and who is real old character of the story.
I had fun recollecting my dream anyway. It was the better part of my dream between the depiction of new work project and its stress and the trips in the strange dilapidated underground (metro). I suppose my subconsciousness tell me that tomorrow or day after it is early yet for outing in the frosty city (-16 C and possible 3,2 F outside). I enjoy to being at home this week and miss only about the fresh bread because I do not like to order via internet-shops.
By the way my colleague tried to watch "Avatar" in IMAX. No way now. One must queue on to buy tickets for visiting after January 11 (the end of our holidays). Maybe I'll try it later when only students would be my competitors and I'll be free from work yet.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Wow, Ludmila, that's a really weird one. Sounds like something I would dream. :wtf:

I had a dream last night that I was preparing to go the Star Trek convention (presumable the one coming here in October) with my husband, mother, father and aunt (who is 83). It was 7:00 p.m. and we were supposed to have been there at noon. We were in the parking lot of some kind of an amusement park. I was getting raher upset because we were so late.

I had a Connor Trinner dream about a week ago. Don't remember the details but there was some kind of inplied past "intimacy" (no not a smutty dream), between us. Funny thing is, my husband was in this dream, too. :oops:

Return to “General Chat”