Happy New 2010 Year!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: Happy New 2010 Year!

Postby Aquarius » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:49 am

Ludmila wrote:Thank you, Aquarius, for the link. :D I adored them but I do not have their songs on my laptop. :(

Oh, you're so welcome! :D I've been a huge fan since I was 10--I have all their records on VINYL, if you can believe it!! :shock:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Postby Ludmila » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:28 am

My parents have also some ABBA's records on VINYL and their player works yet, I think. But I do not know what I should make even with many my tape cassettes. :? I prefer listening music on the laptop, mobile phone and other electronic devices and I am very seldom powering on tape recorder though I have such cassettes whose the electronic copies are absent in my playlists. Owww, our too quick progress without compatibility, when collected lovely things quickly became junk. :cry: But I am glad that we may remember the different nice moments involving those things anyway. More beautiful memories to all in New Year! :D

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:32 am

Happy New Year from Silverbullet also known elsewhere as Tiger Tom. My favorite animal.

Have a wonderful year full of all the good things that life has to offer.

Let us all agree to meet here next new years eve too.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:04 am

Still 6 hours left!!!! I'm in the laziest time zone save for hawaii. :lol:

Ahhhhh..... *stretches out in lazy time zone*
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:49 am

Happy New Year, one and all!! :happyjump: :happyjump:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks Aquarius. I really enjoyed that ABBA song. That blond woman has a beautiful voice.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:56 pm

ABBA. Among my preferred groups. :thumbsup:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:00 pm

justTripn wrote:Thanks Aquarius. I really enjoyed that ABBA song. That blond woman has a beautiful voice.

That's Agneta. She's credited Connie Francis as being her biggest influence, and sometimes you can really hear the similarities.

I hope it's not over indulgent, but I have another link to share, The Way Old Friends Do by ABBA. It's not specifically a song for New Years or the holidays, but on the album this song follows "Happy New Year," and it's very appropriate, I think. (You also get to hear Frida's equally beautiful voice here.)

Also, if I had the time for fan vidding, I think it would make a beautiful song for an Enterprise vid.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Edit:

my bad, your boss isn't completely recovered today, I totally thought this was the "What are you doing?" thread :wtf: :duh: :wtf:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Okay, Priso got this idea from a friend at work, and so we did it, and it was AWESOME! :lol:

For days, Aureilia (age 4) has been so excited about staying up all night to see midnight at New Year's ("and to bang pots and pans outside!!"). I said she could, but was wondering how she would manage it. Well, this friend said a few days ago, "Just roll all your clocks 3 hours forward around lunchtime, and then celebrate New Year's at 9pm with the New York feed on tv."

It went off perfectly. Around 845 pm we started vociferously lauding her for staying up "SO LATE! HOW ARE YOU DOING IT?" and she was all proud of herself: "I don't KNOW! It's so LATE! I'm UP! I'M STILL UP! HOW CAN I DO IT??"

She doesn't notice that the 2 one year olds are still running around no prob at "midnight". I put on the webcast of Times Square, and we watched all the manic new yorkers with their Nivea-sponsored blue hats, banging Nivea noise-sticks. Nivea supports 2010, btw. Just so you know.

And we counted down from 30 and she was so whipped up and excited at the end, with all the lights and 2010's everywhere, and she went out and clanged on a soup tureen.....and she was in bed by 9:20 pm. 8)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:36 pm

That's genius!! :mrgreen:

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:59 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Everyone.

I hope everyone enjoyed ringing in the new year in their own special way. Any new year's resolutions you would like to share?

Mine? Something hopefully very simple which I actually have a chance of keeping, a place for everything and everything in its place. I recently read about Cotton Mather, a famous Puritan theologian who tried to improve a small thing upon entering or leaving a room. Sounds like he knew how to keep his house uncluttered. :D

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:21 pm

the thought of having no clutter and living in a hut on a beach with one change of clothes, a bowl, and a laptop, is sooooo appealing to me. :lol:

*surveys livingroom full of new plastic noise-making toys* :?

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:00 am

A very Swedish GOTT NYTT ÅR! :mrgreen:

Alas, the Swedish group ABBA didn't sing that, opting instead for English lyrics... :lol:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ludmila » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:11 am

enterprikayak wrote: Just roll all your clocks 3 hours forward around lunchtime, and then celebrate New Year's at 9pm..and she was in bed by 9:20 pm.

Oww, so marvelous idea. :happyjump: It is regrettable that we have the big, loud, long and beautiful fireworks which are seen from the window. :? They take place not only in the big and small towns, but I saw them even in the village where I visited my friend and her family two years ago. It was good that for her daughter in her 4 years New Year is identifies by our analog of Santa Claus. The girl was in the bed by 10 p.m. and had her Santa in the lunchtime next day. The husband of my friend has many relatives and the girl was happy to be with her small cousins and Santa. But I always wished to see the fireworks and tried waiting for them which were and in my childish years though not so plenty as now. I think that I was able to wait for them in 5 or 6 years the first time.

dialee wrote: Any new year's resolutions you would like to share?
I for some reason have stopped to consider January 1, my birthday, Mondays, Saturdays and the first day of the month as some special days for a long time. They remain for me to be a chance to celebrating and parties. But I acquired the habit to monitor my situation and my relationships practically everyday and I may decide something abrupt in any day of year.
But I do think that New Year's resolutions are very good idea. Only one must have the power to find something optimistic in the case of his failure.

Return to “General Chat”