Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: egg-alarm

Postby Linda » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Fiddles, yeah! Cape Breton style!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:17 pm

I'm with you on the fiddles.

My kilt was purchased at a shop on Princes Street in Edinburgh, but that doesn't necessarily make it a fine dancer's kilt, so you may be right. But I also can't wear even a beautiful merino or cashmere sweater against my skin. (Heck, I can barely wear anything that has a tag in it -- I hate tags!!!) Wool socks I can handle, if they're nice wool, and I do wear them all winter. Apparently my feet are made of tougher stuff than the rest of me.

The Dunedin High School pipe and drum corps and dancers gave monthly performances at the marina in Dunedin (FL) when I was growing up. I don't remember seeing any high school girl's undies, but I wasn't exactly looking for them. With all the leaping and so forth I'm not surprised you'd need to think about it.

My dad loves most things Scottish (except haggis), but I noticed he usually did walk us out into the docks to look at the various boats while they were performing. Eventually he admitted that he thought pipes sounded better from a distance... :lol:
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:20 pm

I thought my skin was sensitive YIKES! No wool for me, except this one wool blanket I've had for 26 years, and I have to make sure I'm covered in clothes gills to toes.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:42 am

I'm going to regret this, but I have been called Elly, many many times :lol:. I had a lot of nicknames in 21st Century Warfare, gaming tourney I used play in for like 4 years... Cuz I went by Elessar there too.

I was called Elessar, Elly, "LSR", "L", and of course, Smellessar, lol. Oh wait, I forgot the occasional Elly Mae :lol:. Elly was the most common.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:53 am

:lol: I stick to Elessar says "Panny".
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:14 pm

About haggis, well, I am not that fond of organ meat, but if the haggis has the right spicing it is not bad. We have a haggis every year, of course, for the Robert Burns Club's Burns Supper. One of the club members makes it. It is made in a cloth bag, usually, because a sheep's stomach is is not easy to find these days. I do love all the ritual that goes with it - marching it in to the pipes, with the whisky bottle, and the reciting of Burns' poem "Address to a Haggis". :loveeyes:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:25 am

That's where the fiddles in Cajun music came from... the Scottish settlers in Nova Scotia. (= New Scotland) Then they moved to Louisiana, stole the accordians from their German immigrant neighbors (a town near where I live called Kaplan was founded by a German Jew of the same name) and put them together. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:03 pm

How IDIC, Distracted! So no wonder I felt somthing familiar in my limited exposure to Cajun music. 8)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:28 pm

Everytime Elessar calls me Warpy I'm going to call him ELLY! I love cajun music. And I will never eat Haggis. :upchuck:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Never say NEVER, WarpGirl. I know someone who makes a haggis even a vegetarian can't resist. :raspberry: :lol:

He calls you Warpy??? :lol: Call him Gunboy, Elly is too, too, innocuous (spelled it wrong probably but I don't care). :raspberry: :lol: :lol:

Uh oh, now I am likely to get nic-named. :guffaw:

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:39 pm

I hope nobody wants to call me with a nickname descending from my pen name.
You know. Asso... Ass... OH MY! :oops:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Asso, I think the creative folks here could come up with better names than that if they put their minds to it. :lol:

I kinda think "Warpy" is cute. (Ducking under the table to avoid whatever is going to be thrown at me.)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Relief!!!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Oh Linda I won't throw things at you. But seriously this pescatarian will only eat haggis if I'm starving to death. I really don't like Warpy though. Hmm nick-name for Linda... Will think on it.

Fics

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:22 am

Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker has a vegetarian haggis recipe. :D

Grrr

Return to “General Chat”