Cool! I had no idea. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:34 pm

HopefulRomantic wrote:But wait, there's more! When they switched to putting out the episodes on DVD, somebody found the lost color footage of "The Cage" and released a full-color version, tacking it onto the DVD with the last TOS episode, "Turnabout Intruder." And yessss! There's a used copy at Amazon, for those of you with disposable income: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Origina ... 494&sr=8-1

Yeah, I've seen this version of The Cage. They actually showed on TV over here many years ago and I have a VHS copy lying around somewhere.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Bored, I went rooting around for old fics I haven't read - or at least forgot about - and found this parody. I was laughing out loud like a hyena! And the less you think of Archer, the better... Mad Klingons and Englishmen

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Very funny! :lol:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:45 am

...doing?

Homework. Loads and loads of homework. But that's what you get when you miss a week and a half of school due to a business trip. One thing's for sure, though: I'm never, ever, doing that again.
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:10 am

Linda wrote:Hey, let's all plan way ahead. Let's all go to the Los Vegas con in August 2009!

I might be able to do that - not sure yet. Idk where I'll be in August 2009, but probably training somewhere in the (possible) western united states.

Pitseleh wrote:...doing?

Homework. Loads and loads of homework. But that's what you get when you miss a week and a half of school due to a business trip. One thing's for sure, though: I'm never, ever, doing that again.

Yeah I know how you feel because... I never missed a week of school for a business trip, but I would regularly skip a week's worth of classes :lol: ................

Only in teh classes I did really well in or really bad in. I figured I wasn't getting much out of the class in either case.

WHAT AM I DOING?

I am on a freakin writing frenzy. I haven't written like this since Your Mom n Me 1. 5-10 pages a day. When am I writing? Like 12-5 am, lol. In other words... NOW!!

So get this schedule. Yesterday... well, really the day BEFORE yesterday, on Wednesday, I drove up to Kansas City for MEPS, stayed up all night, writing most of the time, started the MEPS day at 4, got to the MEPS Command at 5, basically sat down and waited until 6:30, got my height/weight measured (67.5 inches and 139.7 lbs) and then had to strip down and make sure I didn't have any huge pulsating sores on the bottoms of my feet. Seriously, at MEPS they look for the most basic disqualifying features like a missing limb. This 47 yr old guy next to me was re-enlisting and he had an elbow replacement surgery a few months ago but wants to go back in as a.... some kind of radio operator. He was a truck driver in the civvy world and was both a radio guy and a cook in the Army back in Desert Storm and wants to go back in. He had messed up teeth. I mean REALLY messed up teeth. Austin-Powers-with-Skoal messed up.

Anyway, so from 6:45 AM until about 10:30 I waited and did nothing. Watched The Today show. For hours. Then finally they called me up and I went in to see a doc and he talked to me for about 30 minutes. The point of this was to have a psych eval because I'd taken an antidepressant (lexapro) for like 4 months and then prozac for like another 6, back like 3 years ago.

They just ask you the dumbest questions. I mean to the system you apparently have to be the happiest, go-luckiest SOB on the planet or you're depressed. You can't have any problems, you can't be lonely, you can't like sleeping, you can't get mad at anybody, you can't drink even sparingly. I mean, sure, I told em everything they wanted to hear, because it's a freakin' government operation, it's not helpful to anybody to be like "yeah, I like to sleep late, just because, I mean it's sleeping, it's comfortable, who doesn't" and then have them go ".... are there problems at home?" LOL. I mean if you said something on their little hit-list of symptoms, they're not there to help you solve a problem, they're there to write a report saying you're mentally fit for duty or not and the least little indication that you MIGHT have a personal problem even if it doesn't affect your work is gonna make them not write it.

Oh I went on this rant about the doctor thing and I forgot to finish what I was saying about my schedule. I left the MEPS office about 11, it's a 3 hour drive back Home but I was serrrrrrrrriously runnin on empty. I mean I've driven tired before, but WHOA. I felt like I was juicing or something. I was just all twitchy and like, it was windy too, but at first I wasn't sure if it was the wind jerking the wheel around or me, :lol:. Sounds real safe huh? Well like 10 minutes out of MEPS I stopped at a Buffalo Wild Wings thinking if I ate something I'd wake up. WRONG. I ate a shitload of wings and got totally tired. And the waitress was hella cute and smiled at me in that 'honest-i-am-not-actually-trying-to-smile-but-you're-cute-so-you-make-me-smile-smile', and she had this kille sexy tongue ring even though she looked about 17. Our culture is funny. So I left, and after only driving like 30 miles, I stopped at a McDonalds and took a nap but it was THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE nap ever because it was like 87 degrees and I was still wearing the long dress pants and dress shoes and t shirt and my car has no AC and I had the windows down and I was right by the drivethrough so all these people kept driving up and some jackass parked next to me and disturbed me and the stupid mcdonalds guy had to pick NOW to clean the grass on that side of the parking lot and he's dickin around with the dumpster and lookin at me like "WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING IN YOUR CAR IN A MCDONALDS PARKING LOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY!?" in some podunk shit-town no less. Hey buddy, deal with your ever-declining options for success in life and then worry about me - I should be dead and gone by the time you solve THAT conundrum. Or learn to spell conundrum.

So basically after that I got about a 25 minute nap in. I decided to take off my shoes and socks, shirt, and roll my pants way up to my thighs. The wind came in and cooled everything down and kept me awake for another 50 miles. So then I was still runnin on fumes, so I stopped at a gas station (had to put my shirt, shoes and pants back on, LOL), got gas, got a bottle of tea and some gummy bears. THOSE GUMMY BEARS saved my life. And the tea probably. But I was good until I got home and crashed hard about 6 pm. I thought I'd be up the rest of the day but then I was waiting for practice to start (this game, online) and I took a "nap" that lasted from 6 pm till about an hour ago.

yea ok i'm done. :)
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:04 pm

:shock: Go back to bed, Elessar. You have some catching up to do!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Alelou wrote::shock: Go back to bed, Elessar. You have some catching up to do!

:lol: i did. i awake now.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:48 am

Watching: Garfield 2 :twisted: Garfield is too cute. And I really like cats. And dogs. But I like cats better because they don't have dog breath. :p :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:41 am

TPoptarts wrote:Watching: Garfield 2 :twisted: Garfield is too cute. And I really like cats. And dogs. But I like cats better because they don't have dog breath. :p :mrgreen:

Unless you're feeding them lysol, they have cat breath though :P

And OF COURSE, in the immortal words of Ralph Wiggum:

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:46 am

Elessar wrote:
TPoptarts wrote:Watching: Garfield 2 :twisted: Garfield is too cute. And I really like cats. And dogs. But I like cats better because they don't have dog breath. :p :mrgreen:

Unless you're feeding them lysol, they have cat breath though :P
In which case, they probably won't have any breath soon.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:27 am

But cat breath still smells like way better! :twisted:
ImageImage

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:00 pm

...watching?

Last night I watched the original original Star Wars movie (Ep IV) that I just bought. The unaltered version that is, the one from my childhood before Lucas got his dirty mitts on it and decided changing it. It's held up really well.

And dammit, Han shot first!
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:27 pm

I thought Lucas created it in the first place?

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:46 pm

...watching?

Blade Runner, for my Design Theory class. We'll have a post-modernism talk, and then a quiz based on this movie. And I know it is a classic and all, but I am not enjoying it. Ok, granted, Harrison Ford looks cute, but that's about it. Besides, I keep thinking that this movie is two hours long, and I still have tons of homework to do, and I could really use this time for something else, like, I dunno, floorplans and such...
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

Return to “General Chat”