What are you...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby Asso » Tue May 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Alelou wrote:I'm a little bemused that Israel is considered European. Does this mean Turkey and Morocco are in there too? What about Syria and Iran?

My husband adores Abba, but I married him anyway.

You can keep that as a little bit strange, but we sense Israel as European (well, almost all of us), and also Turkey. Less (a little) Morocco. NOT Syria and Iran.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue May 20, 2008 11:28 pm

Well, I don't think I've seen any Eurovision Song Contest for two decades or so. Just not my cup of tea. If I want to waste my time I'll do something else...
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Wed May 21, 2008 12:16 am

Distracted wrote:Another plot thread left dangling in the breeze! Cool! I feel a subplot for Lertieran coming on...

:shock:

oboy....

BTW. Please forgive my ethnocentric ignorance. What's a Eurovision song contest? Other than what it sounds like? It is private or government sanctioned? What's the deal?
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed May 21, 2008 12:20 am

:drool: :badgrin: :drool: :badgrin:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed May 21, 2008 12:36 am

blacknblue wrote:BTW. Please forgive my ethnocentric ignorance. What's a Eurovision song contest? Other than what it sounds like? It is private or government sanctioned? What's the deal?

Somewhat government sanctioned since it's the state TV channels in the respective countries (maybe not in some countries) that selects the national candidates.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Wed May 21, 2008 12:48 am

My mom loves to watch the Eurovision song contest on TVE. I find it rather terrible myself... :?
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed May 21, 2008 6:23 am

Playing: Minesweeper :oops: :roll: :p

(Hey I'm actually good at it. :oops: But I had to [temporarily] change the mouse cursors to Windows default because my Trek cursors are bigger and get in the way :? :roll: and so it's kinda weird right now. :? )
ImageImage

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed May 21, 2008 8:02 am

Listening: The ska remix of "Twoson" theme on the Earthbound soundtrack. That's right. The Earthbound SNES game soundtrack. Greatest video game soundtrack evar.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed May 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Escriba wrote:OK, or I know nothing about music, or some Europeans have no sense of humor, or some countries have too many friends (or everything I've said,) the countries that go to the final are: Greece (of course, chest movement,) Romania (I can't understand this, the song is incredibly boring,) Bosnia & Herzegovina (*coughcough*friends*coughcough*,) Finland (yeah, metal rock,) Russia (it's because the ice skating champion, I'm sure,) Israel (What?! The song is horrible. I'm sure Germany has given them 12 points,) Azerbaian (I can't believe this,) Armenia (I liked this one, a little,) Poland (boring, boring...) and Norway (for her... chest power, I'm sure :D )

Yes, it is really funny taht Bosnia en Herzegovina gives each other votes. They maybe like the song because it sounds like their own language. Maybe it a olive brench :o or maybe all the Bosnians in the border area cross the border and vice versa just to get their country elected. Eehhh..
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed May 21, 2008 5:53 pm

Alelou wrote:I'm a little bemused that Israel is considered European. Does this mean Turkey and Morocco are in there too? What about Syria and Iran?

My husband adores Abba, but I married him anyway.

I was a little suprised that Azerbejzan was aloud. The country ends with zjan or stan and like all countries with stan and zjan (Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Kazahstan) Asian countries. Okay, former Sovjet Union and also ruled by Russia, but still... Okay, I admitted, I am jalours. They made it to the next finale.
Love is a verb.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed May 21, 2008 7:04 pm

blacknblue wrote:
Distracted wrote:Another plot thread left dangling in the breeze! Cool! I feel a subplot for Lertieran coming on...

:shock:

oboy....

BTW. Please forgive my ethnocentric ignorance. What's a Eurovision song contest? Other than what it sounds like? It is private or government sanctioned? What's the deal?

Eur0vision is the organisation for the state television stations (something like the BBC, you also have commercial television stations and public tv stations). Eurovision broadcasts Europeans events. The song contest started with about 5 countries and now it is a contest of almost 50 countries with very, very dorky songs. Can say I watch it all the times, but talking about it is very entertaining. Three posts! I stop. Promise.
Love is a verb.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Sat May 24, 2008 10:20 pm

Russia won? RUSSIA WON?!

How can that be?

Why all the countries that left Russia (Georgia, Ukranie,Latvia...) voted for it? I can't believe this. Why has Finland voted for Russia? :bitch: :censored:

By the way, I'm talking about the Eurovision Song Contest. I don't know why I've watched it. Well, yes, because I'm a complete masochist and I like to suffer listening to music I can't stand :roll:

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Sat May 24, 2008 10:22 pm

What kind of music are you talking about? Folk songs or something?
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Sat May 24, 2008 10:24 pm

Worse: really bad pop music.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat May 24, 2008 10:30 pm

Escriba wrote:Russia won? RUSSIA WON?!

How can that be?

Why all the countries that left Russia (Georgia, Ukranie,Latvia...) voted for it? I can't believe this. Why has Finland voted for Russia? :bitch: :censored:

By the way, I'm talking about the Eurovision Song Contest. I don't know why I've watched it. Well, yes, because I'm a complete masochist and I like to suffer listening to music I can't stand :roll:

The great Mother Russia! :lol:

Return to “General Chat”