Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Re: Randomness

Postby Weeble » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Dialee,

Steelhead are special to me. It is quite the challenge to get them to take a swung fly and then a battle. Many others choose to keep them its perfectly legal, I do not. Now if a walleye ends up in the boat, it is headed for the broiler....
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Linda » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Bether, I hope you are taking some time for yourself during your care giving. It seems you have given up a lot to do this. I have a friend who has gone through care giving with her father and it has made me start thinking of how I can plan things to make them easier for my daughter when Jim and/or I reach a point where we would need critical care. But it certainly is not an easy time whatever plans you make for it.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Thanks, Linda. :)

This is very challenging, yes. I'm doing things I would never have imagined myself doing. It's mostly supervision, but it's very hard being unable to leave for even just a few minutes. Our poor dog can't understand why she doesn't get walked much anymore. :( I'm very fortunate to have supportive friends who are often reminding me to take care of myself too. I'm trying. I feel like I'm whining a lot, but expressing myself is a need so there you go. See? Taking care of myself. :)

I definitely would recommend planning ahead too.

Take care.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:10 pm

I admire you, Brether, big :kiss: and lots of strenght....

Today I went to the city to get some presents for our national celebration next week. It was crowded in one of the shop and as we walked out the door, my daughter, who is just 10, saw a calender of One Direction. Next to it was a birthday calender and a calender of amateur models. Daughter started to almost literally drool on the One Direction calender and this mother – annoyed about this stupid behavior and not used to the fact daughter is turning into a teenager – said after two minutes “Now stop drooling and come along.” In response a man stared at me – surprise written on his face. As he had been watching the calender of the models :oops: I start to apologize “I am sorry, I wasn't talking to you, but to my daughter who is crazy about this One Direction calender.” “No, no,” he said, “I get it. I wouldn't look at it again,” and walks into the store with a smile. Will tell hubs to buy that One Direction calender for my daughter! ;)
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Ha! That's funny.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 pm

She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Amazing. I didn't think the Klingons had a word for "resign". ;-)

For another bit of interesting random news, you might want to check out this story about physicists using Twitter to look for time travelers http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/time-travelers-search-academic-paper/.

Frances

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:18 am

Hmmm. I'll bet they got a grant for that, too. Our higher education tax dollars at work. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 pm

Cap'n Frances wrote:Amazing. I didn't think the Klingons had a word for "resign". ;-)

:lol: :thumbsup:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:00 am

Hi Dis,

Just couldn't resist sending some cold weather your way. Its been below 0 for a few days here and spreading the joy seemed like a logical thing to do. Stay warm!! :tears:

I could implicate Linda in this vast beneficence, but given that her side of Lake Michigan is colder than mine, it is likely that her wireless electrons are frozen.

Weeble
><((((º> i'm feeling sluggish

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 am

Oddly enough, here in Sweden we don't really have snow (except perhaps way up north) and around plus 5 degrees Celsius. :?

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:40 am

No snow down here, but it was twenty-friggin-one degrees Fahrenheit this am when I was walking to the office from the parking garage. Had to wear my ski suit to keep from getting frostbite. We south Louisiana girls aren't built for this weather!
Image sig by chrisis1033

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:05 pm

It's been fairly warm in Tokyo (around 40F) but in the interests of solidarity with all you frozen folk we went skiing :-)

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:47 pm

So far, the temperatures here in England have been (mostly) relatively mild for the time of year, even staying above freezing overnight. We're getting buckets of rain and high winds, and it's caused some horrendous flooding, but no significant snow yet. Though doubtless that situation will change shortly!

I watch the news and see the weather problems America is having, and I worry about my friends over there!

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:57 pm

We do enjoy the cross-country skiing up north even as cold as it is. My creek is almost frozen over solid while many of the bigger rivers are completely ice covered. The real danger is getting stranded outside if a car craps out or if you lose electricity.

Oh well, have a warm up due in this weekend. The flooding is going to be wild!! Big blocks of river ice tend to break free and build up behind bridges, etc. In the old days the powers that be would dynamite them, but I guess the DNR the EPA or somebody decided that losing the occasional bridge was a better idea.

><((((º> dynamite is quite loud underwater....

Return to “General Chat”