Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: personality test

Postby Linda » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:36 pm

I thought there would be a run on INFJ! And the four idealist temperments seem to dominate - teachers and councilors. But I am glad we are showing some variety in the temperment types! There is no one preferred temperment, which is very IDIC, LOL.

INFJ and Spock (on the Star Trek personality test) seem to go together, don't they? Its great that there are other of these tests to choose from. I am glad people are providing links to them. I don't know how employers use these tests accept maybe to put extroverts in public places and the introverts in the back rooms, LOL.

Here is a site that explains the 16 types, not sure if anyone else put this link in the thread yet:
http://www.keirsey.com/
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:44 pm

Anyone else get the INFJ, Spock, and Luke Skywalker combination on these tests? If so, and you are female, you probably are my long lost sister, LOL!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:08 pm

I've done it, and can't remember what I got. I'll have to do it again later.

I found this one for ent, but the questions aren't real great. I got T'Pol.
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:24 pm

I got T'Pol also. Scored middle ground as Porthos, though, arf, arf.

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:42 pm

This test is hilariously absurd I also got T'Pol. Next in line were Reed and Archer and the rest were 0%. :lol:
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:48 pm

You know, looking at the famous people who are in those 16 personality types, I have been wondering how they scored the people who died before the test was invented. Robert Burns died in 1796, for example. I suppose they just used what they know about people and guessed how they would answer the questions?

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:30 pm

^ Or what about the fictional characters. They had Ensign Ro, Gandalf and Hannibal Lecter ( :shock:) among my fellow INTJs!

Oh, and I got T'Pol as well... :vulcan:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:03 pm

Here is a fun link called 'People Patterns'. It groups characters into the four basic temperment types. The characters are from Wizard of Oz, Star Trek, and the four houses within Hogwarts. Look for the links at the bottom of the page this link takes you to:

http://keirsey.com/pp.html

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:11 pm

I got Spock and Luke Skywalker, but ISFJ. Then I went and read about myself. Very scary. :shock:

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:00 pm

dark_rain wrote:I've done it, and can't remember what I got. I'll have to do it again later.

I found this one for ent, but the questions aren't real great. I got T'Pol.

Phlox, here. :D And Slytherin. Huh. :?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:26 am

Linda wrote:I don't know how employers use these tests accept maybe to put extroverts in public places and the introverts in the back rooms, LOL.

My company, for some reason still unknown to us all, uses a personality test (even before you can interview, you have to pass the test) to hire essentially all driven, a-type personalities, making for great sales and a really intense group of people in R&D, finance, hr, marketing, manufacturing... But it also makes for REALLY interesting meetings and daily interactions since A-Types don't necessarily play well with others. This formula apparently works for them, so they just keep doing it.

I have no idea how I managed to squeeze in, since I'm so not an A-type. But I'm loud and talkative, so maybe I confused the tester.
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Sounds like the workplace from hell, Emberchyld, unless you can really thrive on all that high intensity, LOL. I need massive doses of solitude. A workplace like yours would send me screeming home to Vulcan, I think. But more power to those who can take the intensity!

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:24 pm

Sounds like Ulcer City to me. 8)
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:21 pm

Emberchyld wrote:
Linda wrote:I don't know how employers use these tests accept maybe to put extroverts in public places and the introverts in the back rooms, LOL.

My company, for some reason still unknown to us all, uses a personality test (even before you can interview, you have to pass the test) to hire essentially all driven, a-type personalities, making for great sales and a really intense group of people in R&D, finance, hr, marketing, manufacturing... But it also makes for REALLY interesting meetings and daily interactions since A-Types don't necessarily play well with others. This formula apparently works for them, so they just keep doing it.

I have no idea how I managed to squeeze in, since I'm so not an A-type. But I'm loud and talkative, so maybe I confused the tester.

I just lie :lol:. No but seriously, I hate when jobs make you take these things... I had to take one for Blockbuster for cryin out loud!
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Bookworm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Bookworm » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:36 pm

Am I the only INTP. :(
I'm also Spock and for some reason also Artoo :lol:
And apparently I'm in Ravenclaw.

By the way I'm almost shocked how correct those INTP descriptions are about what I'm like. I like all kind of fun tests, but usually I don't take any tests really seriously and I'm extremely critical, but I'm definitely interested about this test and why did it work so well for me and is it generally reliable.

Return to “General Chat”