New members, introduce yourselves here!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

putaro
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: New members, introduce yourselves here!

Postby putaro » Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 pm

When I get Part 1 finished I'll see about posting it here. Probably early this fall, though. I have something like another 16 chapters in the plot outline. Oy!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Yikes! Looking forward to it. I don't like to leave reviews at FF.net. So I rarely read ENT fic there. But I'm anticipating your Triaxian premiere.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:02 pm

putaro wrote:When I get Part 1 finished I'll see about posting it here. Probably early this fall, though. I have something like another 16 chapters in the plot outline. Oy!

Welcome to the nuthouse :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:07 pm

It's the classiest nuthouse I've ever been in! :thumbsup:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:22 pm

D'ya hear that? We're classy. :thumbsup:

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Sure it is classy. It is a three holer. Even has a Sears Catalogue on a hook.

SB
Last edited by Silverbullet on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Compared to SW's people... YES!

Fics

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Sure it is classy. It is a three holer. Even has a Sears Catalogue on a hook.

SB

You know it's a classy place when they spell it catalogue.

Does Sears still have a catalogue?

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:01 pm

putaro wrote:
Silverbullet wrote:Sure it is classy. It is a three holer. Even has a Sears Catalogue on a hook.

SB

You know it's a classy place when they spell it catalogue.

Does Sears still have a catalogue?

No, SB nicked it and now has it hung up on a nail.

Pennjazz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pennjazz » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:30 am

:banghead:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:49 pm

You guys are funny. :lol:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Snorpenbass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Snorpenbass » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:03 am

Um...hi. *taps microphone* This thing on? Check, check, check, check one, check two...

...oh, I knew a girl in Kalamazoo, she had legs up to here and said I love you...

*ahem*

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

So...I suppose I might want to...ah...introduce myself? Or something? Yeah?

Yeah.

Uh...lemme see here, there was this thing I saw on the first post of this thread...
Ah, here it is:

Screen name: Bob the Rainbow Pixie. No, sorry, it's Snorpenbass. It's a very obscure Swedish comics in-joke. So obscure you can't even find references to it online in Swedish.

Real name, gender, location, profession (only if you want to): Real name? Ah, I'm very conscious of using my real name online so...gender, I'm one of those with dangly bits (as opposed to the round bits) and furry chests (boy howdy am I furry, I think one of my Viking ancestors had carnal relations with a grizzly-bear while discovering America or something), my location is...hiding in your closet - no, just kidding again (or AM I? :shifty: ), south-east corner of Sweden is where I'm at...profession is attempted professional artist (of the pencils, inks and bristol boards variety).

Are you here as a reader, writer, or both? Um...reader, to start. I might be both in time. In truth I've lurked here for quite some time, but I'm shy so it took a while for me to dare to sign up. Hey, it took me over a year to dare sign up for FanFiction.Net, so...

How did you first become a fan of Star Trek? I was five years old and suffering from Perthes, a kind of bone disorder where (in my case) the legs grew unevenly. After having walked with one of those splints Forrest Gump wears on one leg until I was five (so the legs got even again) I was taken to a hospital a half-day's drive away to have it finally removed, and to keep me happy on the long drive (in Sweden, anything longer than half an hour is kinda long, 3+ hours is an ordeal, a full day is a vacation), my mom bought me an action figure at a toy store near a rest stop.

It was Captain James Tiberius Kirk, from the Motion Picture. The pale-blue & gray/white uniform, and a tiny phaser (my brother got a Deckard, the poor bastard, and my sister got Ilia, which she resented due to being seven and only into Barbies and Sindy dolls at the time, and gave to me). I had no clue who this guy was, but he looked neat. My dad bought me the official movie comic shortly after, and I was hooked. We didn't have any VCR or the likes, and the only place renting out videos where we lived had only Betamax. Yes, it was that long ago. Wasn't old enough to get into most movies back then anyway.

I didn't actually get to see the movie itself until I was about nine, and the year after I finally got to see the original series.

Are you interested in any other fandoms? Ah...yeah. Marvel Comics, DC Comics (but not the damn not-a-reboot-we-promise-even-if-we're-altering-characters-from-the-ground-up called DCNU by some fans), Star Wars, and a few other side interests.

What's your favorite Enterprise fanfic? Well that's a bit of a Sophie's Choice, isn't it? All of them? Well, except for that one Next Gen fanfic that has Riker watch a historically incorrect holodeck scenario set on the NX-01, in which Trip dies five years after the show or something...never could get into that one...can't remember the writer, something starting with a B...

What was the last book you read? Ay ay ay...my weakness. I, ah, tend to read 4-5 books at the same time. It's a bad habit, I know. Usually it's a medley of genres too. Currently I'm reading George Mann's The Ghosts of Manhattan, an alternate-universe pulp mystery man (as in pre-superheroes masked avengers mystery men) adventure set in New York, re-reading Guy Gavriel Kay's Fionavar Tapestry, skimming my Occult Dictionary for ideas for a Marvel fanfic I'm writing and re-reading my Terry Pratchett collection. Surprisingly cohesive batch, for once. I used to drove my less nice teachers crazy by finishing all the reading assignments during the classes where they gave them, before half the class was over...I read fast. :nerd:

So um...other stuff...

Ships? Mary Celeste? Oh, not that kind of ship, I see...

Well, apart from the obvious (gee, he's on a TnT site's forum, I wonder what his fave ship is...), I have a lot of various ships in various fandoms, sometimes with variations of the same characters in different pairings. Never could picture Trip or T'Pol with anyone else, though. Personally I think the writers were alluding to that one as far back as in Bounty, specifically that scene where Pon Faux-affected T'Pol suddenly blatantly ignores the male in the quarantine chamber with her to stare at Trip standing outside. Where was she running when she escaped, hmmm? Also, that Ferengi-episode where T'Pol blatantly checks Trip out while he's in his undies.

Hmmm.

Anything else? Malt liquor? Dancing bears on unicycles? Ponies?

Oh, I know, this is me on FanFic.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/~snorpenbass
I have three Trek fics on there. One for mostly humorous purposes, and one more seriously intended.

Um.

So...

...hey look, a three-headed monkey!

*runs away while everyone looks in the other direction* :fasthorse:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2315451/

"Why, it would take some kind of enormous egomaniac to dare quote themselves in their own sig!"
--Snorpenbass

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:19 am

Thanks for the introduction Snorpenbass. (I do think that the comment asking for real names is probably not a good idea.)

Speaking of unicycling bears, I have two ... um ... second cousins, I think they would be ... who are world famous 'extreme unicyclists'. No, I didn't make that up, it's a real thing. OK, 'world famous' might be a bit of a stretch, but among people who know what 'extreme unicycling' is they're pretty well known. Try searching for it on YouTube. No, I haven't the faintest idea why either. :dunno:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:51 am

Welcome, Snorpenbass!
Image sig by chrisis1033

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:54 am

Hello Snorpenbass!

Return to “General Chat”