The Happy News thread

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: The Happy News thread

Postby justTripn » Wed May 11, 2011 3:36 pm

OK, some of my own happy news: My oldest son, Jeremy!!!! (using real name for this special occasion) is graduating from college. Some of you probably remember when I announced the happy news that he was starting college. He got almost straight A's. Tomorrow, there will be two graduations: one in the morning with the whole university, and another smaller one by schools within the university. It will be a big family event, including a grandma, aunt, cousin, AND . . . . *drumroll* the new girlfriend, who I have yet to meet. :D He has picked an authentic Mexican taco place as the restaurant for his graduation dinner. (This will be easy. :) ) I bought a camera and pictures are sure to follow. I
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 11, 2011 3:40 pm

YEY!!!!! Awesome jT I've been trying to figure out your kids names for a long time. I've come up with some real doozies too. ;-) I love the name Jermey. Hopefully it is a wonderful perfect day, and his girlfriend is a lovely girl.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

starwatcher
The Boss's Lady

Postby starwatcher » Wed May 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Oh that's awesome, congrats!!! Make sure you take lots of pictures and celebrate this wonderful day! And enjoy the tacos! And, of course, let us know what The Girlfriend is like!

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed May 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Everything I know about the girlfriend fits in like a 10-word sentence. My oldest son has not been very forthcoming with details, but his brother reports that he is happy! *crosses fingers*

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Ut oh, looking at my above happy new, I have to report, they broke up. :?

ANYWAY!!! I came here with new happy news. A guy in our club discovered a supernovae. He was the first person on Earth to see it visually!!!!! Go Tom!!!!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11159/1152046-115.stm

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Ug! I hope he's doing okay.

Yey! Mr. Tom. :clap:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:24 pm

We played a hillarious prank on our boss yesterday :clap: Our boss is some green-behind-the-ears business graduate. Fact is he's so green behind the ears, he needs mowing, but he doesn't go anywhere without his electronic penis enlargement, formerly known as a personal disorganizer, black-dingleberry-something. When he went out to talk to someone on his iPenis again y'day, we wrote a small postit-note, saying "Mr. Bear. 10:25, asks for urgent call back." Below that we wrote a Frankfurt/M. telephone number (we have a plant in Frankfurt). What it was in reality, was the number of the Frankfurt Zoo. So once he came back, he called the Frankfurt Zoo and demanded to speak to "Mr. Bear". :tears: :tears: :tears:

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:41 am

Kotik wrote:We played a hillarious prank on our boss yesterday :clap: Our boss is some green-behind-the-ears business graduate. Fact is he's so green behind the ears, he needs mowing, but he doesn't go anywhere without his electronic penis enlargement, formerly known as a personal disorganizer, black-dingleberry-something. When he went out to talk to someone on his iPenis again y'day, we wrote a small postit-note, saying "Mr. Bear. 10:25, asks for urgent call back." Below that we wrote a Frankfurt/M. telephone number (we have a plant in Frankfurt). What it was in reality, was the number of the Frankfurt Zoo. So once he came back, he called the Frankfurt Zoo and demanded to speak to "Mr. Bear". :tears: :tears: :tears:

I think you and my husband may be related.

Grrr

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:43 pm

I'm gonna go and sing karaoke tonight! :happyjump: I just wish I could record it and post it on youtube, then y'all could see it.

Fics

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:36 pm

YOU CAN! (I can't) But you are young. You can navigate all those IT hurdles!!!! WARPGIRL SING-ING, WAPRGIRL SING-ING!!!

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Some modern mobile phones can record quite decent video if you can hold them still. Digital cameras often have a video function too. Might be worth asking friends and family if any of them can record it for you. Anyway, have fun. :hug:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:28 pm

:tears: My mom's phone doesn't take video. But next time I do this I'll try to record it. I promise not to hurt anyone's ears. I was quite good in high school chorus. Better than that Haley person on American Idol! Why they voted Pia off so early I will never understand! At least Scotty won, GO SCOTTY! And not just for the obvious Trekkie connection!

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:30 am

:happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump:

I NAILED IT! I sang 4 times and it was AWESOME! I sang These Boots Are Made For Walking, Just Might Make Me Believe, Lucky 4 You (Tonight I'm Just Me), and All That Jazz. All That Jazz was amazing. I had a blast. :D But 2 perverts hit on me, one did it in front of his wife... :roll:

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Brilliant, well done! :clap:

I'm sure the 'perverts' were just fans who wanted to talk to you. Who knows, perhaps in a few year's time they will be bragging about how they knew you before you were rich and famous. :D

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Oh I wish! But unfortunately it is not to be. The unmarried gentlemen started hitting on my mother when I made it clear I wasn't interested! :spiraleyes: This happens to me a lot. I just don't attract nice guys. My sisters marry them, me I get the men who move on to my mom! :tears: I don't intend to get famous, that just sounds awful to me. But I can't wait to go again! 8)

Fics

Return to “General Chat”