Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby Aikiweezie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Doing?

Getting ready to attend a Preimere party for "The Chicago Code!"

Lucky for me Fox is having the party at a local theater. A lot of the other extras are going to miss it because of the snowstorm, but the theater is only two miles from my house in the 'burbs.

I am NERVOUS and excited! Can't wait to watch the pilot!! It premieres Monday night, 8:00 CT. I'm not in until episode 4, but I know a lot of people who worked on the pilot so I'll have fun looking for them.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Oooh I bet you have a great dress! I'll see all the previews tonight when I watch Bones. It does look pretty cool!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:Doing?

Lucky for me Fox is having the party at a local theater. A lot of the other extras are going to miss it because of the snowstorm, but the theater is only two miles from my house in the 'burbs.

I am NERVOUS and excited! Can't wait to watch the pilot!! It premieres Monday night, 8:00 CT. I'm not in until episode 4, but I know a lot of people who worked on the pilot so I'll have fun looking for them.

I take it you are IN the Chicago Code??? :shock: :popcorn:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:35 pm

justTripn wrote:
Aikiweezie wrote:Doing?

I take it you are IN the Chicago Code??? :shock: :popcorn:

It WAS called "Ride Along" (still called "Ride Along" in the UK). It's the cop show I've been working on. I'm worked on episodes 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 & 12. You might not see much of me, but I am there somewhere! Usually I am a lawyer or a reporter, but I also was a neighbor, a driver, and a banquet guest.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:48 am

The "Chicago Code" pilot is GREAT!!!!

Due to editing and other things I don't understand I no longer have any idea WHAT episodes I will be in, except for the season finale. :dunno:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:07 am

Well we'll keep an eye out. I saw a preview on Bones tonight, I have to admit, the Irish Mob thing hurts my Irish self. But hey, I've got relatives in the Italian Mafia so... My Italian half is hurt as well. :lol:

I watched Bones, things are getting dicey, but it was an amusing ep. Now watching a documentery on Vince Lombardi on HBO. Irony is I hate football, but I love these types of things.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:38 am

What year did you start being able to get Botox WarpGirl?

I'm glad to hear it has a better application (ie: YOU!) than just being injected into our more affluent and wrinkly dental patient's faces at several dollars/unit.

(Yes! The dentists here all do botox! :shock: Soon they'll be into the boobie enlargening <-- jk :lol: (i hope) :roll: )
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:52 am

Hmm I don't really keep track. Almost a year, I started before my Ex decided we should try to get back together. LOL he dumped me before my 3rd time. Oh well... It is amazing. I will be the best I can possibly be, with a displaced hip and CP. But I'm incredibly grateful for my neurologist he's a wonderful guy. And he listens and adjusts where I need it most. Now if only my orthadpedic surgon would fix the dang hip! I'd go dancing. :D

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:44 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Well we'll keep an eye out. I saw a preview on Bones tonight, I have to admit, the Irish Mob thing hurts my Irish self. But hey, I've got relatives in the Italian Mafia so... My Italian half is hurt as well. :lol:

I watched Bones, things are getting dicey, but it was an amusing ep. Now watching a documentery on Vince Lombardi on HBO. Irony is I hate football, but I love these types of things.

In the pilot Jarek called himself a "Polock", (PO lock - mildly derrogatory term for a Polish person almost always used by one Polish person toward another).
My husband and I both laughed. But we can do that because we're a couple of Polocks.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:55 pm

I recognise 'Polak' but never heard of polock before, so I had to look it up. The urban dictionary defines it as "Someone of Polish decent that is really cool!". Is that about right? :clap:

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Cogito wrote:I recognise 'Polak' but never heard of polock before, so I had to look it up. The urban dictionary defines it as "Someone of Polish decent that is really cool!". Is that about right? :clap:

It's also spelled "Pollock" in Urban Dictionary. Since it's not a real word I have no idea what the real spelling would be.
Actually, Cognito, Poloaks are not cool at all. It implies a certain dorkiness. Like wearing black socks and sandals with shorts. THATS Polocky.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Hey, what's wrong with wearing black socks and sandals with shor...

Oh. OH. :oops:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:52 pm

:rotflmao:

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:22 pm

does it count if the socks aren't matching? that's how I like to roll.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:11 am

I just watched The Chicago Code. I have to admit there were a lot of things I was expecting, like a few glaring references to The Untouchables (because I don't think you can help that with this type of story) but some things were very interesting. I like the little Voice Over monologues. That was cool, especially because they're from all sides. The way they shot it was visually interesting. And I have to say the acting was very good. Unfortunately I didn't see Aikiweezie but I think she said she wasn't in this one...

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a few major disappointments.

1. I very much nearly fell for the Leading man, his line about Audrey Hepburn, and profanity melted my heart. Then I found out he's sleeping around on his fiancee with his ex wife! :explode: I don't like cheaters, I just don't.

2. They killed off that cute guy way too soon. Granted I thought the Niece would die, but I liked that cute guy.

3. Now I admit I've never been near Chicago so I don't know the accent, but a few times I could have sworn I heard some Boston in there. :dunno: Is it a mistake or are the accents right? Please Answer Aikiweezie.

I will be tuning in next week hoping to see you. But the jury is still out on whether I will actually be watching TV on Mondays. I really don't like cheaters.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”