What are you...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What are you...

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Sorry for the double... Right now I am writing out all the video game dialouge for my kotor fic by hand. This is a severe drawback from TV fic because there are no transcripts for RPG's. I'm not going to plagerize but you need the dialouge to help tell the story. It's complicated, if anyone else out there has done RPG fic you know what I mean. I used to have to tool that just hacked into the game and put it on a word processor. But the thing made my PC a nightmare. So I'm doing it the old fashioned way.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:15 am

that's the one bad part about dialogue trees - makes it near impossible to have the same convo twice if you're going for dialgoue or something like that. least with KOTOR all the playable charector's dialogue options are written out before you can choose them.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:37 am

4 and 1/3 pages just for the first conversation in the apartment in Taris. But I'm determined!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:01 am

post it somewhere online when you're done. I'm sure someone will thank you for it.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:08 am

I just may. Although my dialogue is a LS FemRevan. But it will take forever to get through Taris. Good thing I'm only focusing on the main characters and the Jedi Council dialogue. Because guess what, the quest dialouge isn't so totally important that you must have the Matale/Sandral fued perfect. Otherwise nobody would write RPG fic.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:18 am

so true. Tried my hand at an ME fic... may come back to it, when my ST obsession petters out a little bit, but even having one branch of the tree is better than none at all.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:25 am

Just peel me off the walls when I go insane!

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:09 am

we'll need a little digital squeegee, or perhaps a putty knife.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:18 am

Power washer would work. :D

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:28 am

hmmm. Where are we going to find a Star-Trek-themed digital power washer?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:31 am

Nope it has to be SW's that's what I'm working on for the moment. But I'm nearly done, then back to Vulcans and Pon Farr... I'm crazy for taking so much on. Right now I'm gonna watch Iron Chef. Champange is the secret ingredient, I'd love some myself.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:27 pm

...watching?

Just (as in three seconds ago) finished season 5 of VOY. Never saw most of this season first time aorund. Not as good as 4, but, goodness, Equinox might well be my new fav VOY episode. I suppose I should do something useful, like work on my chappie for the round robin or clean or wrap xmas presents or something, but, wow, it's been several discs since I enjoyed a VOY that much...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Yeah one of my all time favorites!

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:47 pm

...and now onto a L&O:CI that I've seen at least 2x before while trying to write. le sigh

Return to “General Chat”