Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby Alelou » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:05 pm

...putting away Christmas presents. I got my kid up early and we went shopping for all the grandkids and nieces and nephews today. Shopping on Black Friday is just not my idea of a good time.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:44 am

This year we are doing the World Vision catalogue for everyone except the kids. And we're getting the kids' presents online with airmiles.

Ahhhhhhh...ease. 8)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:56 pm

So, just got back from an exciting trip to Williamsburg/Jamestown/Yorktown that I loved and my brother only put up with (I think) 'cause we let him drive, and I'm actually in a good mood. Despite the fact that we were all sharing the same hotel room since Wends and had to visit my sister on the way up, which was painful and deserves a whine thread of its own. But it was good, espeically since I actually feel good about writing for the first time in like a month, even though the idea that struck me on the way up and I scribbled illegibly in my notebook during my free time has nothing to do with anything I am/should be working on

WarpGirl wrote:
aadarshinah wrote:love the play style of KOTOR 2 better than the original, myself, though you can't beat KOTOR's storyline... Absolutely love Mass Effect though...

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT?????????????????????????? :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Carth Onasi/FemRevan fangirl to the extreme, more so than Trip/T'Pol, and I actually hate the influence system in TSL, beause it's darn near impossible to get everyone Jedified. And then there is the fact that either gender you play has got massive plot holes. But Light Side Male Exile and Visas forever!!!!

That being said, yeah, I do know what you mean. The voice actor who does Carth's voice also does Kaidan's in Mass Effect and therefore probably qualifies as my longest "relationship" with a male I'm not directly related to, like, ever. I prefer the influsence system in TSL because it seems more realistic and, well, it amuses me. The Male Exile is my fav of the group, though. Largely because I despise the Desciple... but that's for another thread...

enterprikayak wrote:This year we are doing the World Vision catalogue for everyone except the kids. And we're getting the kids' presents online with airmiles.

I'm a fan of HEIFER International myself....

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Hope we'll see some TnT from you soon, then.

... doing? Collapsing in relief that my brother and his family have left. I love them, but they're the kind of guests who never help out. (Unlike my other brother and his wife, who left after dinner yesterday.) This brother married a princess. She literally sits there reading magazines like Mother Earth and says, "Hey, here's a recipe you could make" to my brother.

He, meanwhile, is playing videogames with my son. Sometimes I think they think of us as a timeshare, only with free cooking and babysitting. I'd had enough when my niece rejected the miso soup her mom asked me to make for her and Mom requested a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich for her instead. "Here's the bread and the peanutbutter and the jam," I said. "You make it."

Sigh. Fortunately the kids are adorable, even though they are allowed way freer rein than Jaime and I can believe.
Image.Image

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:23 am

Alelou wrote:Hope we'll see some TnT from you soon, then.

... doing? Collapsing in relief that my brother and his family have left. I love them, but they're the kind of guests who never help out. (Unlike my other brother and his wife, who left after dinner yesterday.) This brother married a princess. She literally sits there reading magazines like Mother Earth and says, "Hey, here's a recipe you could make" to my brother.

He, meanwhile, is playing videogames with my son. Sometimes I think they think of us as a timeshare, only with free cooking and babysitting. I'd had enough when my niece rejected the miso soup her mom asked me to make for her and Mom requested a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich for her instead. "Here's the bread and the peanutbutter and the jam," I said. "You make it."

Sigh. Fortunately the kids are adorable, even though they are allowed way freer rein than Jaime and I can believe.

There's a German proverb. Friends are more valuable than relatives, because friends you can choose, relatives you can not. :lol:

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:05 pm

I hear ya, on the subject of relatives vs friends, Alelou. And Kotik, your German proverb holds great wisdom. With my daughter's family who live close by, everything is fine, but when both my brothers came in October to stay with us for my nephew's wedding, it was a somewhat stressful five days and I was glad when they left. I was so thankful that my daughter pitched in and did a lot of the cooking, especially on the days that I could not take off from work. My two brothers are so different from each other that you would not think they were from the same family! Not that I don't like to see them, but once every couple of years is enough for me!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:45 pm

That's true of my brothers and their wives too. It's actually nice that they'll come and spend time with us here, since otherwise (and they practically live in the same town) they would never see each other. By choice. It's kind of funny to see how three different kids less than five years apart from the same family all went in very different directions in life.
Image.Image

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Alelou, not that strange. I and my older brother cordially hate one another but the middle Brother gets along with both of us. We are all one year apart.

Older Brother was the handsomest of the three and the middle brother coulld walk in to a room and immediately be everyones friend. He is the type who draws people. I was the most intelligent by a few factors.

Oldest Brother was a stevador, middle brother a Cop and I was in the Diplomatic Corps travelling the world.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Watching: Just finished Burn Notice holy cow that last frame freaked me out but good! I almost think Micheal might go for vengence. Not that I blame him, I just want more kissing with Fi. Those two are amazing!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:37 pm

...doing?

Quietly seething (because, apparently, I was like a Nazi or something in a past life, and it's too much to ask for to go through one day without drama), and trying to pretend that there's no world outside of my room...
And trying to translate my handwriting from something I wrote (in the car) on the way to/in/back from Williamsburg. It's hard. I should have been a doctor. It's that kind of handwriting.... not as bad as my signature, but still very bad.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:03 am

About to drive my son off to his dance, and then go to the second night of a local original short one-act play festival. I hope the hits are in greater supply than they were last night at the first night. Last night had two wonderful plays -- one moving one about Iraq and another hysterically funny one about a woman trying to audition for a part opposite a SOCK PUPPET (the socket puppet gets all the praise).

The other six plays were not as exciting and you know it's bad when a one-act play seems to just drag on forever. So here's hoping...
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 am

Doing... Chopping up the first chapter of a fic I wrote so many years ago I feel like an entirely different person, and trying to make it into something worthy of reposting. It's harder than I thought.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:43 am

...reading?

About the CAIB (Columbia Accident Investigation Board) and the Rogers Commission... when I really should be doing something useful. This is what happens when I watch Apollo 13, like I did this morning.... *shakes head*

But your chappie will probably turn out fine, WG. If it was worth posting once (and presumabily it was), the second time can only make it better.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:49 am

Enjoying that the second night of plays was much better. Yay. I actually had a hard time picking a favorite (they were in competition). Once they got the first (and perplexingly awful one) over with, the night flew by.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:59 pm

aadarshinah wrote:But your chappie will probably turn out fine, WG. If it was worth posting once (and presumabily it was), the second time can only make it better.

Truthfully I was on a lot of drugs when I wrote my kotor fic. I'm wordy off of them, but on them... Yikes! Still people did like it. Now if I can only get the admins to let me make a new account to post! Dang hackers.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”