The Whine thread.

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:11 am

That's a good idea. But hey at least a family member didn't set your house on fire last night my dad set mine on fire.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 am

did it at least scare the mice away?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:20 am

My cat does that.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:39 am

aadarshinah wrote:So, yesterday I cleaned the garage, remember? Well, apparently the possum wasn't as gone as mom promised and a new, greater mess was created.... All my hard work, wasted.... I'm on strike (garage cleaning wise) until she calls an exterminator.

What's keeping you from just taking a gun and transform the critter to something dead, courtesy of Haeckler & Koch? Sure saves a heck of money on the exterminator. :dunno: An axe does the job as well if there's a lack of weaponry...

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:51 am

Animal control is who you want. Exterminators are for bugs. Or if you would rather catch and release than kill him you need a Have-a-Heart trap and a nearby patch of woods to release him in.
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:55 am

one, no gun. two, I've never actually seen the animal. If I could find it.... maybe, but all I ever find are it's leavings.... idk, I told my mom to deal with the removal. I just do the cleanup.

le sigh. It's gotten worse too. My brother is "singing" along to random rap songs at top volume.... not because he actually likes the music, which I think I could handle, but because he finds memorizing their lyrics to be an amusing hobby.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:07 am

aadarshinah wrote:one, no gun. two, I've never actually seen the animal. If I could find it.... maybe, but all I ever find are it's leavings.... idk, I told my mom to deal with the removal. I just do the cleanup.

le sigh. It's gotten worse too. My brother is "singing" along to random rap songs at top volume.... not because he actually likes the music, which I think I could handle, but because he finds memorizing their lyrics to be an amusing hobby.

LOL, guilty of that, too :lol: I'm actually a pretty decent singer (was lead singer in a band during my university days). But when I had a beer or twelve, I'm known to listen to Russian music on headphones and singing along, which is not a good idea, since you can't hear yourself. I've been told it sounds like people being tortured :guffaw: :guffaw:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:59 am

Yeah, it always does. I'm not a great singer to begin with, but when you add that weird mumbling you do when you don't really know the lyrics well but you can't help singing along anyway .... and you don't even hear yourself so you don't realize how terrible you are ... oh boy. After just one day I realized I must never ever listen to my mp3 player with headphones at work.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:09 am

I love singing, and I'm pretty good. And I even like some Rap. But if it's one of those songs that just repeats the same swear words over and over, hit him on the back of the head and knock him unconscious.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Or if you actually like your brother and would prefer not to concuss him you could always get your own iPod and a set of earplugs to drown him out. That's what my two older kids do. Not that they like each other, but I have forbidden them to try to kill each other in my presence. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Distracted wrote:Or if you actually like your brother and would prefer not to concuss him you could always get your own iPod and a set of earplugs to drown him out. That's what my two older kids do. Not that they like each other, but I have forbidden them to try to kill each other in my presence. 8)

Now, that's a sensible request if I ever saw one :lol:

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:26 pm

well, he's gone for the weekend on some national something or other trip, but, for the record, I have like these ultra-insolated headphones that make it difficult to hear anyone when I'm listening to music... yet, even with them, I could hear my dear brother's dulcet tones... did I mention I had to get up at 5am to take him to the train station for this trip too?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Oh Dis I didn't mean she should give the kid blunt force trauma. Just shut him up. :guffaw:

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:59 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Oh Dis I didn't mean she should give the kid blunt force trauma. Just shut him up. :guffaw:

Which a blunt force trauma does very effectively :lol: ;-)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Well yeah... But it's also illegal. Not to mention a tad extreme. :D

Fics

Return to “General Chat”