The Whine thread.

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:06 am

Okay I need a roomate, or a husband, or maybe I should just move back in with my parents... So the toilet backed up and no matter how many times I plunge it's jammed. So I dry the floor, (which is grosser than cleaning the litter box) than plunge again, and now water is everywhere again! Dirty awful water that I will now have to use every singal towel in the house to clean up. And to make matters worse the toilet is STILL jammed and I have to get on the floor!

This is number 1000 on the "why having a guy around the house is a good idea" list. Because while I am perfectly capable of dealing with this on my own 99.9% of the time (excluding bad health days) this is a job meant for shoving off on the GUY! Just like mouse trap duty...
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 am

Poor thing! *sending helpful toilet vibes*

WarpGirl wrote: this is a job meant for shoving off on the GUY! Just like mouse trap duty...

Would you please explain this to Priso? About the mice and the guy job and all. Hmph. :? :? :-x
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:30 am

I'd be happy too. :lol:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:01 am

Okay because the lovely ek Asked me to do this, here is a general explanation on why getting rid of dead mice is a "guy job..."

Now... Let me preface by saying that I am certain there are many women who don't give a hoot about dead mice and will willingly deal with them solo. More power to you ladies! And I am just as certain there are men out there who do not want to deal with dead mice and find it just as creepy as some women do. And that's fine and perfectly understandable.

But in all honesty this is a job for a guy. Why? Well... It's GROSS! I know there are other gross jobs we women don't mind doing so much: Baby dipers, moldy food clean-up, cleaning the litter box (well not too much) stuff like that. But dead mice or any other animal is on a whole other level. They're dead! Dead means decomposing, dead means the maggots and bugs will come dead means icky! Let's face it the vast majority of men do not find this stuff off-putting. Guys like lots of gross stuff. How else can they explain beer helmets? Talk about icky! The vast majority of women do not enjoy gross stuff unless they're professional lives tend to deal with a lot of gore. Even then at home it's different.

Now consider how mice die. My mice are killed by my sweet kitty. Which usually involves blood (more gross stuff) and she tears them up. The other way is mouse traps... Can I just say I loath mouse traps. Even the "humane" ones are just awful. The are few things more disturbing to see a mous stuck on one of those sticky pads. And the snap traps.... Oh god the sound!!!!!!!! Bad enough you have to see the thing with its neck or back broken, but you have to hear it happen! It's traumatic. After all of that I feel so darn bad for the mouse tossing it in the trash, toilet, or compost heap it too much to ask.

Finally they're cute. Yes, they're vermin and you do not want them in the domescile but when you find a dead one you look and realize... Hey it's tiny, defenseless, and what an adorable tail... You feel all sorts of guilt and it's icky and gross... Guys usually don't see the "cute" of a dead thing. And if they do I know of no man who wants to admit to feeling guilty over a dead mouse. If I meet one, they have my respect and admiration!

So guys if dead gross things don't give you the willies please be nice to the girls who are creeped out by dead mice. It isn't that we can't deal with it if forced. But we really, really do not want too. And let's face it you probably wouldn't have clean underware and socks without us. And if you don't think that's disgusting think again, especially your sports clothes! Do us a favor deal with the dead things.

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Okay I'm whining, it's raining all day, the damp is killing my bones, and my muscles are all sore from pushing a shoping cart with my nephew in it all day yesterday. Thank god my father is coming with Chinese food tonight.

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Okay I'm whining, it's raining all day, the damp is killing my bones, and my muscles are all sore from pushing a shoping cart with my nephew in it all day yesterday. Thank god my father is coming with Chinese food tonight.

MMMM.....Chinese food. Now I have a taste for some hot mustard on something fried.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:56 am

Soup. Half hot and sour and half egg-drop. Umm. With pork dumplings, spring rolls, and plum sauce.

Lordy. I'm so hungry. My daughter insisted on cooking tonight, and we went to the store yesterday to get all the ingredients she wanted, but of course she procrastinated with a school project and she has to finish that first. Everything's ready to cook but she'll be so disappointed if I don't let her do it. (She's my aspiring chef.) So I'm stuck with Ritz crackers and a hollow stomach for probably another hour. And a thread about Chinese food. Grrr.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:36 am

Don't be jealous Dis I didn't get chinese. :( Appearently the place in town is closing. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Daddy made Fish and Chips instead and set my house on fire TWICE literally not kidding, two grease fires. I have to buy baking soda. But we survived, food wasn't that great to be honest. We watched a romantic comedy Leap Year my dad LOVES romantic comedies, give me Fast and Furious. But I love Amy Adams so she made it OK.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 am

Twice in one day???
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:28 am

Twice in less than 10 minutes! :shock: Never letting daddy fry potatoes in my house again.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:12 am

Good god.

And it's funny u should start about the mice just now.

I just got back in from setting more traps and cleaning the damn chinchilla room / tenant's laundry room / rat room in the barn of rat poo.

YUCK.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:41 pm

I wrote the mice thing more than a week ago. But eeeewwww I feel the pain.

Fics

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:27 pm

My husband deals with the plugged drains and I deal with the (euw) dead mice...or live mice depending on which type of trap they were caught in. I guess we split the gender tagged chores equitably
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Well in some cases I don't believe in equality. I'm picky about certain chores, so I'll take care of laundry, and the cooking (if he can't cook) he better deal with the dead stuff and expolding toilets.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:06 am

So, yesterday I cleaned the garage, remember? Well, apparently the possum wasn't as gone as mom promised and a new, greater mess was created.... All my hard work, wasted.... I'm on strike (garage cleaning wise) until she calls an exterminator.

Return to “General Chat”