Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:59 pm

WarpGirl wrote:What am I... eating... SUSHI! I went and did errends all day with my sis and nephew my leg hurts so I picked up some sushi while grocery shopping, it's my luxury.

favourite food ever. make it all the time.

i use avocados, fried yams, carrot, cucumber, ginger, asparagus, boiled egg, cream cheese, sauteed mushrooms....yum
Last edited by enterprikayak on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:06 am

Great ek I'm hungry again! :-p
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:56 pm

I've decided I deserve a medal or something. Not only did I go to the store today (to pick up must-haves no one put on the grocery list when I went yesterday) and all the usuall daily b.s., I cleaned the garage. And, when I say cleaned the garage, I mean, dragged everything that had been piled onto the floor out into the driveway and attacked it with a hose and bleach for almost an hour.

Why, you ask? Well, last night my mom discovered a possum living behind the recyclables, accounting for the strange odor that we'd until then had chaulked up to mold or something. It was not pretty. Not that I ever saw the possum, mind you, but it certainly left behind enough that it was hard not to gag. And, after dealing with my sister, I have a high tolerance for these sorts of things.

Needless to say, it's going to require another couple of days and more bleach to ever be truely clean again, but, god... where is this in the Dutiful Daughter job description?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:06 pm

You are an amazing daughter, but even if you're not getting the recognition you so clearly deserve remember that you can take pride in knowing that not only are you an awesome daughter, but take pride in the fact that you do the right thing when most girls in their 20's who live at home expect mom to still do their laundry.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:09 pm

aadarshinah wrote: And, after dealing with my sister, I have a high tolerance for these sorts of things.

LOL. There's more to THAT story.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Mom is still expected to do laundry (but more because she's anal about it, and I apparently don't divide things into enough loads, though for the life of me I really can't see how many more loads you need besides normal clothes, jeans, and towels) but I do everything else... But cleaning up after a possum was something that I never expected. We keep a second fridge in the garage for milk and things like, had to go out.... god, was it still bad. I think I might have to "accidently" break a bottle of perfume out there.

Alelou wrote:
aadarshinah wrote: And, after dealing with my sister, I have a high tolerance for these sorts of things.

LOL. There's more to THAT story.

Let's just say my sister has severe mental health issues and, from the time I lost my job, god, almost 2 years ago now to the time I had to call the police on her, oh, last Jan, I was her primary caregiver.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Well, I'm definitlely not laughing anymore.

I also think you may be the busiest, hardest-working unemployed person I know. Sheesh.
Image.Image

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 pm

:D Well, that does make me feel better about myself. Some days... well, some days are bad. But things aren't near as bad as they were when my sister was living at home. She's in a facility about 2 hours away now and I've only seen her 1x since the inccident, because she begged to come home and visit for her birthday, and we're trying to find a way to keep her away for the holidays, otherwise my brother and I are taking a quick trip to... well, anywhere... and no one gets Thanksgiving/Xmas dinner, because I'm the only one who can cook. So it should work out.

But, like I said, have good days and bad days. This week has definately been a bad one.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 pm

Laundry, whites, lights, darks, why do you need more loads than that?

What am I doing, listening to my insanely loud dishwasher. But so grateful I have it and that it was free, so not complaining. Mom's in Canada visiting Sis so dad's bringing a ton of Chinese. I'm gonna make fancy milkshakes for dessert.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:50 pm

...doing?

Waging war on the possum. Mom did recon and found it's hidey-hole while I was at the gym... and, between us, we managed to drag it's nest (a box) out from under all the shelves, knock it over, and chase it with brooms and hoes out of the garage. Before it was finally evicited, it clampered up and down every shelf in the garage, which, as we are a military family, is a lot, filled with all sorts of fun boxes and cartons. And, apparently, they can climb rope and electrical cords with equal ease. But we won and locked (closed) the door behind it. We're not doing anything else until tomorrow, to see if it left any friends behind, but the primary culprate is gone, and tomorrow promises to be full of bleach and hoses. The high tomorrow is 61. 30% chance of rain.

:faint:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Didn't Miss Possum know she was supposed to play dead? (Did she try?)

Sounds pretty balmy to me. High of 41F tomorrow, with a chance of snow tonight...

Oddly enough, I still have some petunias blooming out there amid the mushy detritus of the garden, which FINALLY had a killing hard freeze two weeks ago. They're the ones close to the concrete stoop, though, so I guess that's a micro-climate.

Good luck. Water isn't much fun in cool weather, but I'd say 61 is just about perfect for heavy labor.
Image.Image

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Alelou wrote:Didn't Miss Possum know she was supposed to play dead? (Did she try?)

surprisingly, no. though there were points where she was staring at me and I was sure she was going to lunge and bite me... but Mom was assured by animal control that such an eventuallity would never happen and that possums are easy to dislodge from their hidey-holes. :roll: still, it was special. should have videoed it for youTube as, surprisingly, there is very little online about the practice of possum removal...

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:27 pm

...watching?

Saw the new HP movie with my mom today. It was, as expected, kinda a let down, but I'm surprised by how much I was actually bored during it. Granted, I was disapointed with the book itself, but thought the idea would transfer well to movies/video games. Seems I was wrong.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:22 am

Love LOVE how they made Harry Potter 7 a two-parter.

Cause SEVEN movies wasn't quite enough. I mean, why seven, when you could have EIGHT!?

It's *almost* admirably audacious.

:guffaw:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:25 pm

enterprikayak wrote:Love LOVE how they made Harry Potter 7 a two-parter.

Cause SEVEN movies wasn't quite enough. I mean, why seven, when you could have EIGHT!?

Probably because there were 7 horcruxes... ? :mrgreen:

Return to “General Chat”