Randomness

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: Randomness

Postby honeybee » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:48 pm

That must have been fun, Alelou, getting the kitty out of the wall.

My favorite part of that doc, aside from the beauty shot of the kitty beneath the light fixtures, is the very British people saying their cats' names and then explaining what they think the cat will do when released into IKEA! "We're looking for a couch potato scene."
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Yes, and I think it worked the same as it did for them -- we started cutting, and the cat immediately found a way out of the hole furthest away from the cut.

Mind you, before that he spent a full day and night "trapped" up there behind a pipe, licking our fingers for drops of water, not even coming out for tuna fish. Power tools are apparently the perfect motivation for kitty cats.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:45 am

WOW! They did it, they finally did it. Someone on TV figured out you can turn a wheelchair into a bomb! US homeland security hasn't figured it out yet. But anyone who lives with wheelchairs, and has even a hint of a criminal mind knows that. The writers of The Closer are quite brilliant.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:04 am

Was a wonderful episode. And it was the guy that was the bomb. the wheelchair was the poison gas delivery system... which I guess is a bomb of another sort.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:07 am

Trust me same difference. you'd do the exact same thing. Of course it works better in a hollow frame manual chair packed with C4. My mom alerted the secret service when Presidents Carter and Obama spoke at JMU.

ps I wrote the post when they thought the chair was a bomb.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:38 am

I think the safe bet is, if you're going to be paranoid, assume anything and everything is a bomb. Constant Vigilance and all that.

*shakes head* Oh Well. I should be going to bed now, but, of course, I'm not tired now. Was half-asleep all afternoon but when it's actually dark out...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:41 am

What's funny is you'd think the secret service would have thought of it. But what can I say, trapped in hospitals for sometimes months at a time you think of some crazy stuff.

Fics

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 pm

I've recently become a Clark/Lana shipper for Smallville (great show), and I was doing some looking online and there's a community that looks as obsessed as us :lol: called "Sweets". Anyway, looks like they've been around since the beginning of the show like 10 years ago, pretty expansive history.

Anyway they host fanfiction for their pairing like we do, only they do it like a lot of sites do IN the boards. Anyway, it got me thinking, I'd looked at Clark & Lana (Clana) fanfiction on FF.net before and wasn't terribly impressed -- but this stuff was really good (on Sweets).

Having another example of this sort of thing made me realize - FF.net is like the Walmart of the fanfiction world, whereas TriS and places like Sweets are like the family owned corner store that has exactly what you're looking for :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:26 pm

That's just WRONG! Superman marries Lois Lane, since the begining of the comic Superman marries Lois Lane. Why do they have to mess with things. :(

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Elessar wrote:I've recently become a Clark/Lana shipper for Smallville (great show), and I was doing some looking online and there's a community that looks as obsessed as us :lol: called "Sweets". Anyway, looks like they've been around since the beginning of the show like 10 years ago, pretty expansive history.

Anyway they host fanfiction for their pairing like we do, only they do it like a lot of sites do IN the boards. Anyway, it got me thinking, I'd looked at Clark & Lana (Clana) fanfiction on FF.net before and wasn't terribly impressed -- but this stuff was really good (on Sweets).

Having another example of this sort of thing made me realize - FF.net is like the Walmart of the fanfiction world, whereas TriS and places like Sweets are like the family owned corner store that has exactly what you're looking for :lol:

ABSOLUTELY!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:56 am

WarpGirl wrote:That's just WRONG! Superman marries Lois Lane, since the begining of the comic Superman marries Lois Lane. Why do they have to mess with things. :(

Well if you watch this show, I pretty much guarantee you'll like Lana more than Lois. Lois has shown up a few times and she's beautiful and all, but she's just annoying - they're all supposed to be young and stuff, so it's just painting a background but...

Don't worry, they do away with Lana and Lois enters the picture as his romantic interest :raspberry: :-X :(

Lana's the love of his life though, Lois can suck it :bitch:
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:39 am

Actually back in ancient history I watched a few episodes in season 1. I'm gonna just come out and admit it, I loved the Dean Cain Terri Hatcher, Lois and Clark The Adventures Of Superman!!!! Yes I really am admitting it, but being that I was 11 I'm not ashamed. I have no need of High School Superman. Well... You know what I mean.

That said LOVED LOVED the Kents in Smallville. Annette O'Toole can do no wrong. She is a goddess.

But at heart I am a purist, Lois Lane rules. But Batman is KING, and his great love is the Catwoman, MEOW!

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:26 am

Elessar wrote:Lana's the love of his life though, Lois can suck it :bitch:

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:41 pm

I believe there are lots of Clark/Chloe 'shippers out there. I think a lot of fans actually hated Lana on Smallville, even though Kristen Kreuk is a total babe.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:20 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:I believe there are lots of Clark/Chloe 'shippers out there. I think a lot of fans actually hated Lana on Smallville, even though Kristen Kreuk is a total babe.

I don't have the pulse of the fandom or anything but the Clark/Lana site seems pretty bustling, has like 24,000 members and it was probably a lot more active 2-3 years ago - in Clark and Lana's hayday. I've been spoiled a tad, I've heard Lana's off the show in the present tense, in the 10th season.

I guess what pissed me off was that they built this great basis for a relationship with a really long term, slowly developing bond between them, but they both (Clark especially) continue to act like complete tards about this whole 'honesty' thing. It's clark that really pisses me off because I can relate to his initial situation -- he's totally in love with the most popular girl in school and ACTUALLY MANAGES to get up the gall to go after her once her boyfriend guy is out of the way (thanks in large part to several pieces of advice from his good friend Lex Luthor to just GO AFTER HER ALREADY!). So he finally works it out, and then he'll periodically go all... pardon my language but there's no other way to say it - he goes all limp dick on her and worries she'll find out, worries she'll hate him, etc etc. Once Chloe finds out and takes it totallllllly well, he should've just gotten the hint. It's not like he didn't have 500 opportunities to tell her. HELLO I'M A BADASS ALIEN WITH SUPERPOWERS AND I'VE SAVED YOUR LIFE 338 TIMES INCLUDING ONCE WHERE I FLEW UP INTO A TORNADO AND RIPPED THE DOOR OFF YOUR TRUCK AND OH YEAH YOU SAW ME BUT YOU PRETEND YOU DIDN'T.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “General Chat”