Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: The Upsetting News Thread

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 am

Aureilia's being very philosophical
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:34 am

That's always sad even if it's for the best.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:48 am

The really creepy part is today was A's 1st day of kindergarten. (Just a 1 on 1 with the teacher). As I was driving her home from that she was asking questions about a cat I had long ago who had been run over. I said it was sad when that happened, cause the cat had only been 3 or so, and so we hadn't had her very long. I compared that to our other cat who went in his sleep at age 18 and said how that was less sad, cause he'd lived his whole life and was quite old and ready to go to heaven. And she said, "Reena will probably die next, cause she's so old." And I agreed and said 12 was very old for a dog, so we would miss her when she went to heaven, but it wouldn't be so sad cause she'd had a nice long life, and she'd probably be happy to be free of her creaky old body so she could really run around in heaven. And Aureilia agreed. (I've been prepping A for the idea of Reena's passing since this dog seems to be getting quite feeble in the last few months.)

And we get home, and then about a 1/2 hour later, Reena the elderly dog runs under the moving wheels of a truck in the driveway and that's it. :shock:

Like, I had the whole comforting-the-child conversation literally 20 minutes before it happened. So Aureilia just smiled and stroked her and said she should go to heaven and run around with our other deceased pets. And she's like, "I'm going to miss Reena. It's weird she's all gone now. I wasn't expecting that! But she's probably having so much FUN now!"

:shock: kids can be so.....like....uncanny or something.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:53 am

That coincidence is a little uncanny, too. Wow.
Image.Image

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:01 am

enterprikayak wrote:I started this thread with dog news, and now thirty pages later, here's more.

Our 12 year old little Jack Russell passed today. :( She was terribly old and unhealthy, so it's a release.

But still...

I'm so sorry, ek. They leave such an indelible mark on our lives. Elvis and I are thinking of your family tonight.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:07 am

Young children are so much smarter than we give them credit for, you're daughter sounds like an angel ek. My younger brother teases me because I talk to his 6 month old son like he knows the secrets of the universe. I just say he probably does know them.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:46 am

I am so sorry. It hurts so much even when you're preparing for it. It's actually one of the reasons why I added it into one of my stories... a form of therapy. Your daughter's acceptance must be a comfort at this time.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm sorry enterprikayak. :( Glad your daughter is taking it well.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm sorry for your loss, ek. Dog's and cat's lives are far too short. :hug:

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:29 pm

My condolences. For all that they mean to us, cats and dogs are with us far too briefly. :(

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:31 pm

:hug: ek and for your family.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks guys. It's 8 am right now and I was about to get dressed for work. But I feel kind of awful today and I am staying home. It feels just like a bad dream now that I've slept. But it's true.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Well it is after 7:00 am and I got up early as usual to take my granddaugther to high school and found her room :evilmonkey: empty. She had not come home last night after working in a restaurant which is only four blocks from our house. The deal was, she could stay here with Grandpa and Grandma until she graduated from high school in December. She is 19 years old and has worn out her welcome at her parent's house. We established rules that she was to sleep here at home Sunday night through Thrusday night and could be away on Friday night and Saturday night if she wanted to. She agreed to that. We even had a conference with the school social worker last week which included her parents and grandparents. This is not the first time she has broken the rules. And now she has broken the rules again. If I kick her out, she will lose her after school job and not finish high school, because she will probably go to live with one of her friends who live too far from the restuarant and the school. Her father thinks there is an addiction problem - either drugs or alcohol. She has never seemed under the influence around me, but she could be sleeping it off when she is away from home. Damn it, she only has a few months to go to finish high school and she seemed commited to doing that and then going on to EMT training at a community college so she could get a full time job, get her own apartment, and be independent. She is not stupid so why is she behaving so stupidly? She wants very much to be independent, yet she is sandbagging all her chances to achieve this. And she knows she is on her LAST chance with her family. I am at my limit. :duh:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm so sorry, Linda. (((HUGS)))
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:52 pm

How frustrating. And I have no good advice. Just ... hang in there, one way or the other.

(And hopefully she's safe.)
Image.Image

Return to “General Chat”