The Whine thread.

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Bether6074
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby Bether6074 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:49 pm

Shoulder tendinitis really sucks!! Very painful :( I've been one arming it at work.

I'm hurt and I don't even play contact sports. :roll:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:40 am

My sympathies. Have you had it looked at?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:46 am

Yuck! :( Were you moving boxes?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:24 am

VERY glad I spent some of my very limited money on bare bones car insurance a couple of weeks ago (back when I was unemployed) since a cop stopped me tonight on my way home from work because the bike rack on the back was covering up the tag. No ticket, just a warning to lose the rack to avoid future stops. Day wasn't all good though - my driver's side window is currently in my back seat - it's been off the "rails" for a while, just stuck in the UP position, and I hit a hard bump today, which caused it to start sliding down; fortunately, I caught it before it fell and smashed - & I'm going to be trying to get it fixed tomorrow.

Of course, I also noticed that my stupid tag expires this month when I was taking the rack off, so I've got to get that fixed too.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Sounds like you really got that job in the nick of time. Good luck.
Image.Image

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:25 pm

I've been working a whole lot. I move boxes all of the time. My workplace is becoming an infirmary of sorts. One employee is pregnant with morning sickness (can't lift), another recently had back surgery (can't lift), another has a bad knee (trouble walking), my husband has been having a whole lot of problems with his back (can't lift) and now me with my arm (can only one-arm lift). About the only thing left to do is :lol: :roll: I did see a doctor. She gave me a list of exercises and recommended physical therapy. It's amazing what you take for granted. Things such as shifting the gears in my car and changing my clothes have become fairly excruciating. Getting old sucks. :neutral: :lol: Might as well laugh about it. Otherwise I'd be :cry: Time to reach for the ibuprofen 800 again. If only it worked...

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:45 pm

Sounds like good advice from the doc. Good luck.

(And can you hire at least one dude with a good back at that store??)
Image.Image

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:24 pm

No physical ailments for me - hope you get to feeling better, Bether - but just got the disappointing (but not surprising) news that the guys at PepBoys can't fix my car window because A] the car is 16+ years old, and B] Saturn is defunct so there are no new parts. Thus, I've got to basically track down the parts myself - the repair guy said it would probably be cheaper if I could go to a Pull-A-Part place and just get a whole new door ... even though I loath the idea of having a mismatched door on my car. For now, I just went to Wal-Mart & bought a car cover (since I have no window to roll up and all.)

Sigh. So much for that new phone I was looking at getting next pay period. :bitch:
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:24 pm

Rigel, used to was Junk Yards that if you could get the window of a junker it wouldn't cost very much. I did that for my Pinto. Ford wanted 300 dollars to repair it. cost me 25 dollars for the window and took about ten minues to pull the old one and put in the new. Have done that a few times of other parts on cars.

YEARS ago when parts were standard one coud pull a part off a chevie and put it on a Ford. NO more. At one time Carbs, Generators, Fan belts etc were all standard and would fit on any car. You could go into a parts store say you needed a new Carb and would not be asked Make, Model, Year, etc. You would be handed the part you asked for and paid.

I have an idea that your Saturn window will have something that will only fit on a Saturn that you will need.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:32 pm

Silverbullet wrote:I have an idea that your Saturn window will have something that will only fit on a Saturn that you will need.

It does. They use an unique nut/bolt combination for starters, and the actual window mechanism is such that it only works for Saturns. That's the way modern cars are developed now, so you really can't mix and match like you used to. Factor in Saturn no longer being in business (which freaking sucks, 'cause my SL2 has really been a great car) and you have an even smaller supply of potential replacement parts (which are limited to what's already been built.)

Ultimately, I'm having to come to grips with the knowledge that I do need to get a new car (my SL2 is a '96, so it came out in '95 ... whoops. That's 15 years, not 16) ... which means that, unless I win the $85 million PowerBall lotto tonight (I bought a ticket on a lark when I was getting a Pepsi today), I'm going to have to start planning on having to get a new(er) car ... which will probably end up being a newer model Saturn because they've done me right with this one. Maybe an Ion ...

Sig by Chrisis1033.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:57 am

So, my poor little dog got a rash on his rear-end - and started chewing it until it was bleeding. It was too late to get him to the vet and the only 24 hour animal hospital is downtown. Thanks to ehow, I made a cone out of a flower pot. It is very sad. You may see the pathetic here. He seems to be feeling okay, just not happy with the flower pot.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:04 am

*gasp* He wears the cone of shame. poor baby. At least it was crafted with love.

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:07 am

Now that is truly a sad little face. Hope he feels better soon.
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:10 am

Rigil Kent wrote:No physical ailments for me - hope you get to feeling better, Bether - but just got the disappointing (but not surprising) news that the guys at PepBoys can't fix my car window because A] the car is 16+ years old, and B] Saturn is defunct so there are no new parts. Thus, I've got to basically track down the parts myself - the repair guy said it would probably be cheaper if I could go to a Pull-A-Part place and just get a whole new door ... even though I loath the idea of having a mismatched door on my car. For now, I just went to Wal-Mart & bought a car cover (since I have no window to roll up and all.)

Sigh. So much for that new phone I was looking at getting next pay period. :bitch:

Same thing happened to my old LTD years ago. It had rusted into such a Flintstonemobile, and the door on the driver's side was particularly rusty. Things had corroded so bad that the motor for the window dropped--and so did the window! It didn't break, though, so my ex took the door apart from the inside and propped the window up with wooden blocks, and that worked for the duration. I basically drove it until the car ate itself. Head gasket, I think.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:11 am

Thanks all! He's calm now - gotten used to the cone and the bleeding has stopped. So, I think he'll sleep! Luckily, my vet has hours on Sunday!

Sorry about your car trouble, Rigil & Aquarius.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Return to “General Chat”