Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Re: Get Well Soon Kotik

Postby Lady Rainbow » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:53 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Get well soon, Kotik!
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:44 pm

We hope you're well! :o
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Elessar wrote:We hope you're well! :o

I'm getting better, thanx. The physical injuries will heal, given enough time. The bothering thing is the psychological scare. What started as a really enjoyable concert ended in the ambulance car with broken bones, robbed of money, documents and credit cards without a chance to fight back as the attack was cowardly executed from behind with steel cap boots.

Police told me they have 3 suspects, who were caught while maiming a dutchman (I saw him being carted into the same hospital as me, about 4 hours after I arrived. That poor bloke made my injuries look like a tickle. He was bloodied all over :( )
I really have no understanding of that, such people, who behave like animals, have no place in our society :evil: (Although that sounds somewhat unfair towards the animals)

If anything good comes out of this - my forced immobility lets me give my creative ideas free reign. I've produced 15 pages of TnT fiction today. So there's a flood headed your way :lol:

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Postby justTripn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Yeah! They have suspects. :happyjump: I agree. To call them animals would be an insult to the animals. How horrible.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Kotik, did the police recover your ID and credit cards? Money is probably gone.

Glad that you are healing and looking forward to those 15 pages (or more) of TNT

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Glad that you are healing and looking forward to those 15 pages (or more) of TNT

Me too. For both things. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Kotik, did the police recover your ID and credit cards? Money is probably gone.

Glad that you are healing and looking forward to those 15 pages (or more) of TNT

SB

No, they did not recover my documents :? If anything, those goons were just after the money and threw the rest of my wallet away, hell knows where. I've phoned the organizers about wether they found anything in the post-event cleanup, but no such luck. Looks like I'm forced to travel 'the road of pain', as the process is referred to in Germany. Getting new ID, car papers and driving licence after a theft is a process that takes up to 7 weeks and costs about 500 Euros. It's basically just a way to add insult to injury. :(

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 pm

:(
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 pm

That's rough, Kotik. Bureaucracy can be a cold mistress. But I'm still glad you will recover! That's the most important thing!
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Kotik wrote:
Elessar wrote:We hope you're well! :o

I'm getting better, thanx. The physical injuries will heal, given enough time. The bothering thing is the psychological scare. What started as a really enjoyable concert ended in the ambulance car with broken bones, robbed of money, documents and credit cards without a chance to fight back as the attack was cowardly executed from behind with steel cap boots.

Police told me they have 3 suspects, who were caught while maiming a dutchman (I saw him being carted into the same hospital as me, about 4 hours after I arrived. That poor bloke made my injuries look like a tickle. He was bloodied all over :( )
I really have no understanding of that, such people, who behave like animals, have no place in our society :evil: (Although that sounds somewhat unfair towards the animals)

If anything good comes out of this - my forced immobility lets me give my creative ideas free reign. I've produced 15 pages of TnT fiction today. So there's a flood headed your way :lol:

There's that silver lining :thumbsup:

Sorry I wasn't there, bro. These Good Ole United States Marine Corps infantry combat boots got a little somethin to say about Doc Martens :badgrin: :badgrin:
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:04 am

Yikes. Hope you feel better soon, and can endure your bureaucratic struggle as well as you seem to be handling the medical one.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Thot
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Thot » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:45 am

Kotik wrote:I enjoy a nice metal concert, but I won't go to such a big event again.

Well, I hope it wasn't something like 'Rock im Park', because concerts like this are usually so much overcrowded, that it takes away all the fun.

ohh, the 'road of pain': You really want to know, how Klingon painsticks feel like? Just mess around with German bureaucracy - you can get burned for the rest of your life. :faint:

Mit den besten Genesungswünschen an das heimische Lager und viel Kreativität für die Zeit an TnT Geschichten, ;)

Thot
"If we simply judge our past, we only condamn ourself not to understand it."

- Peter Godman

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Here ya go dude, christmas present for yourself 8) . Let me show you what we Americans would call "proportional response" to a mugging:

http://www.botachtactical.com/kztita.html

Carry one of those next time 8)
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Elessar wrote:Here ya go dude, christmas present for yourself 8) . Let me show you what we Americans would call "proportional response" to a mugging:

http://www.botachtactical.com/kztita.html

Carry one of those next time 8)

I'm quite frankly not a man of violence and it wouldn't have prevented the attack. I was booted to the ground from behind - resulting in a broken coccyx and once I was floored, I got a steelcap boot into the ribcage resulting in two broken ribs and loss of conciousness. No weapon in the world would have been of any help. In fact they would have just stolen it as well.

When I spoke to the police investigators, I was told there were over 50 (!) violent muggings that day, so this was an organized gang, rather than some drunk-ass kiddies. :?

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Kotik wrote:
Silverbullet wrote:Kotik, did the police recover your ID and credit cards? Money is probably gone.

SB

No, they did not recover my documents :? If anything, those goons were just after the money and threw the rest of my wallet away, hell knows where. I've phoned the organizers about wether they found anything in the post-event cleanup, but no such luck. Looks like I'm forced to travel 'the road of pain', as the process is referred to in Germany. Getting new ID, car papers and driving licence after a theft is a process that takes up to 7 weeks and costs about 500 Euros. It's basically just a way to add insult to injury. :(

I've never been physically assaulted the way you were, but I did have my purse stolen at work several years ago. Someone came in our back door and stepped into the break room and grabbed all four purses that were sitting right there.

I was the lucky one. My wallet had this slide-out holder for my driver's license and credit cards, and that was in my pocket instead of my purse because I'd walked across the street to buy cigarettes. I didn't have any money in there, either, because I'd just been Christmas shopping that morning and spent it all--any cash I had was, again, in my pocket, because I'm in the habit of keeping my tip money there until the end of the night. They got my cell phone, my keys, and my checkbook, but all of that was pretty easily taken care of. I called the phone company immediately and had them suspend my account until I got a new phone. I had written the last check to my boyfriend for the mortgage so I was able to get the check number from him, then call the credit union the next morning hand have them put a stop on any check number after that. The keys were a little harder, but I had a spare set to the car, and we changed the locks on the house that night, just in case. Honestly, I was mostly mad about the purse itself, because I really liked it!!

The other girls weren't so lucky. Two of them chased after the guy. One's purse was open when he grabbed it, so a lot of her stuff fell out as he ran, I think she got back her cell phone and her makeup. One of the other girls, though...she was in the habit of taking her wedding ring off so she wouldn't accidentally lose it down the drain while washing people's hair, and she'd put it in the coin compartment of her wallet, so the thief got that. :(

At any rate, I was the only one who didn't have to jump through all the hoops of getting my ID and credit cards replaced. I really felt bad for the other girls, it took them quite a long time to get some things straightened out. It's really hard to get your identification replaced when nearly every other form of ID you have was stolen right along with it! :roll:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Return to “General Chat”