New members, introduce yourselves here!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: New members, introduce yourselves here!

Postby justTripn » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 am

Welcome! All of us here at Triaxian Silk are suffering from a similar ailment. I'm hoping you will agree to post your story here! Also, you should go find the Twilight thread, probably in the chat section. Our fearless leader (site owner Elessar) is a big Twilight fan.

Lots of us love Farscape.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:49 am

I thought the story had to be finished to be posted if you were a new author - or did I read the submission rules wrong?

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:56 am

aadarshinah wrote:Hi, I'm aadarshinah
:wave: Welcome, aadarashinah! Good to see new writers. I wondered about the meaning of your screen name.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:11 am

:oops: It's kinda silly, really. I tend to... obsess when I write things, so for one of my original stories I created this whole elaborate language. Aadarshinah means "engima" in it.

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:45 am

A big welcome to you Aadarshinah. :wave:

What would your name sound like? It does look pretty.

BTW, creating languages isn't silly. It's actually a fun hobby and quite addictive (like some other hobbies I don't think I have to mention...). From what I've read, Tolkien wrote Lord of the Rings to, in a way, showcase the languages he created.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 am

Welcome here, Aadarshinah. :D

Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 am

What would your name sound like? It does look pretty.

It would be pronounced ay-ah-dar-SHIN-ah.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:07 pm

Love your Sig. :wave:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:32 pm

aadarshinah wrote:I thought the story had to be finished to be posted if you were a new author - or did I read the submission rules wrong?

Generally that's true, but sometimes exceptions are made, like for those who are just new here but not new to the ENT/TnT fandom and have already shown themselves to be reliable enough to finish the fic and free of the issues many novice writers have. jT is in charge in Elessar's absence, so if she thinks it's okay, then you should be good to go.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Correct. We are worried about people who get inspired to begin a saga they can't finish. But you listed two other genres you've already written in. Presumably one of those has a completed story? Plus you've written your own language. That's pretty hard core. My impression is you're one of us! :)
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:16 pm

I've twenty-nine stories up on ff.net, twenty-seven of which are completed and eight of which are multi-chapter fics... I'll see about getting some of it posted here once I've finished through the augment arc... just because it's giving me so much trouble.

Though I must admit I find it kinda embaressing to already be dubbed hardcore on a site I've been a member of for less than 24 hours.... Not that I didn't just use an iTunes giftcard I was given to purchase season 1 of DS9... and then immediately run here to see if anyone had responded to my posts...

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:21 pm

aadarshinah wrote:It would be pronounced ay-ah-dar-SHIN-ah.
Oh how beautiful. I'm jealous. I've always had trouble with creating a balance between aesthetics and melody. Either it sounds beautiful and looks like crap or it's the other way around.

There's a community for everything under the sun on the internet, sometimes you just happen to come across one that is right for you and looks like you have. :) :hug:

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:34 pm

hello aadarshina, I've enjoyed reading your new Trip&T'Pol story at fanfiction.net I look forward to seeing what happens in chapter4 of your story.T'Les isn't going to be pleased about the choices T'Pol made about not marrying Koss. ;-)

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Oh how beautiful. I'm jealous...

:oops: I try. That's the beauty of creating your own language: you can make it sound as nice as you want, though you should see some of the oddities I created when I got into my "x" and "y" stages...

T'Les isn't going to be pleased about the choices T'Pol made...

I don't know about you, but when are mother's ever completely happy with their daughter's choices, especially when it comes to guys? My mom's *still* going on about the college I ended up going to, and that was years ago. There's just no pleasing some people...

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:58 pm

crystalswolf wrote:BTW, creating languages isn't silly. It's actually a fun hobby and quite addictive (like some other hobbies I don't think I have to mention...). From what I've read, Tolkien wrote Lord of the Rings to, in a way, showcase the languages he created.
I think it's very creative when you can develop your own language: grammar, words, structure, but also an entire culture. I never tried it, I stick to "already developed languages". Once I get into a language and getting excited, my brain tunes into that language. I remember writing a Vulcan poem and having so much fun that before I feel asleep the Vulcan words were buzzing in my head. I wanted to write a whole story in the Vulcan language. Only problem: nobody can read it. ;-)
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Return to “General Chat”