2009 Holiday Photos Thread!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

What winter days do you celebrate? Check all that apply!

Christmas - Religious
10%
Christmas - Secular
21%
Hanukkah/Chanukah
No votes
Kwanzaa
No votes
Boxing Day
4%
Hallowe'en
13%
Thanksgiving
16%
New Year's Eve
24%
Other
12%

Total votes: 68

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: 2009 Holiday Photos Thread!

Postby Ludmila » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Yes. It also greatly helped me to see the pictures of some authors before composing reviews for their stories.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Alelou wrote:It's so nice to put a face to the name, Ludmila!

That's true.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks for the hair props Elessar! :lol: Your pics are awesome Ludmila! Love the city one. The building behind you and to the right looks exactly like one on a similar corner in my hometown....but all the cars have long euro-style license plates in your pic. Love it!

It snowed last night! We do not usually get snow pre-Xmas, but it is about 6" of sticky white stuff today. It's seven degrees above freezing today, and the snow is like glue. So we made a snowman! he weighs about 10000 pounds and is covered in mud from the lawn. The wet warm snow rolls up, even when relatively thick, just like a carpet, and leaves muddy green and brown lawn behind. In 2 minutes, you've got a ball up to your thighs. Lol. It was hard to jam the carrot in though cause his head is a big ice ball. :lol:

|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Enterprikayak, you're absolutely stunning in that photo :o No doubt how you get such cute children :lol: Priso looks a little like the snowman in your last photo :-p

Ludmila, as everybody said, it's good to see your real face.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:28 pm

IDK I think her hubby's quite nice-looking. In a completely respectful way of course. But those babies God so beautiful.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:26 pm

Does anyone else think ek looked a bit like Mariska Hargitay in that picture? (Am jealous of the great hair, by the way!)

In my family we do Christmas as a pretty relaxed family affair. The religious part is important to us too; we always read the Nativity story from the Bible before opening presents. That's one of those things that was annoying when I was little ("Can we open presents yet?!?!") but now I appreciate it both for the spiritual meaning and the fact that it's one of those nice family Christmas traditions. We also sing Christmas carols and EVERY SINGLE YEAR we say we're going to use one tune for 'Away in a Manger' only to end up with the other.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:55 am

Aw thanks you guys! :oops: Usually my hair is in a matted bun and I'm still wearing sweatpants from the night before's pyjamas with a hole accidentally torn in the bum. (I sidled past an errant nail on the deck). Young stay at home moms don't get to wear makeup so much. :lol: I can't believe how low my standards have gotten for an acceptable "outside appearance". I'll go to the grocery store in almost anything. So it was nice to get the girls and me all prettied up for a change for the Xmas party. Aureilia even held still long enough to let me put French braids in her hair! :shock: :D

I like that Kagami Biraki idea! The cracker stuff probably doesn't taste too good though after a few days out. :lol:
Last edited by enterprikayak on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:58 am

You should see the people in my town trust me you're probably a super model.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:12 am

Ludmila is that big yellow banner a Corona ad? like the mexican import beer?
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:13 am

enterprikayak wrote:

Y'know how we got the smile so good on this? We used hot tamales and the red dye ran/osmosised and the smile looks like paint.

Took this this afternoon, and it's already rained so hard his head is falling off. lol

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ludmila » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:18 pm

enterprikayak wrote:Love the city one. The building behind you and to the right looks exactly like one on a similar corner in my hometown....

It was the central telegraph office. Our famous the Kremlin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Kremlin) is 1000 metres behind me.
And your snowman is marvelous.

Elessar wrote:Ludmila is that big yellow banner a Corona ad? like the mexican import beer?

It is funny. I thought at first that you can read in Russian because my picture on the street has the advertising poster of our ex-gaming-house Corona (those houses now prohibit in Moscow).
Yellow bottle was the nonalcoholic beverage (imitating the champagne) for the daughter of my friend which made that picture. I do not drink the beer. I love drinking cognac (and other brandies) and sweet wines.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Ludmila wrote:
enterprikayak wrote:Love the city one. The building behind you and to the right looks exactly like one on a similar corner in my hometown....

It was the central telegraph office. Our famous the Kremlin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Kremlin) is 1000 metres behind me.
And your snowman is marvelous.

Elessar wrote:Ludmila is that big yellow banner a Corona ad? like the mexican import beer?

It is funny. I thought at first that you can read in Russian because my picture on the street has the advertising poster of our ex-gaming-house Corona (those houses now prohibit in Moscow).
Yellow bottle was the nonalcoholic beverage (imitating the champagne) for the daughter of my friend which made that picture. I do not drink the beer. I love drinking cognac (and other brandies) and sweet wines.

I can read in Russian! :lol: (some). I took 2 years in college but it's fading. I can still read any Russian word, but whether I have the vocabulary to remember what it means is another story. Thankfully, your grammatical structure is SO simple and easy, I could still write sentences with the vocab :)

I saw the "Korona" banner and figured that because there's no hard C in Russian, it had been spelled with a K in cyrillic.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:18 pm

enterprikayak wrote:Aw thanks you guys! :oops: Usually my hair is in a matted bun and I'm still wearing sweatpants from the night before's pyjamas with a hole accidentally torn in the bum. (I sidled past an errant nail on the deck). Young stay at home moms don't get to wear makeup so much. :lol: I can't believe how low my standards have gotten for an acceptable "outside appearance". I'll go to the grocery store in almost anything. So it was nice to get the girls and me all prettied up for a change for the Xmas party. Aureilia even held still long enough to let me put French braids in her hair! :shock: :D

I like that Kagami Biraki idea! The cracker stuff probably doesn't taste too good though after a few days out. :lol:

You know who I think Lee looks like? And this is really really ironic... Jamie Bamber... Lee... Lee Adama, :lol:
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:15 pm

I didn't know who that was cause I'm a bad girl who doesn't watch BG, but I googled him and you're right. CReeepy

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:50 pm

enterprikayak wrote:I didn't know who that was cause I'm a bad girl who doesn't watch BG, but I googled him and you're right. CReeepy

Well keep him away from BSG conventions unless you want hoards of nerdgirls hurling their naked bodies at him like he's Apollo himself! :lol:

A jolene blalock lookalike would suffer a similar fate at a Trek convention...
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “General Chat”