Randomness

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: Randomness

Postby Aquarius » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Unfortunately I got addicted to some of the games. :lol:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:09 pm

eK wrote: So I quit Facebook. And I've stayed quit.

Escriba wrote:That's why I systematically avoid facebook.

and it's getting to be so limiting these days! If you don't have facebook, well to some peeps, you may as well not have a computer at all. Or a phone. Or a fixed address. Or....

you get the picture.

My dad recently has ended up on the streets (in the shelter) due to alcoholism, and is now using facebook to systematically bother my teenage sisters into talking to him. which they don't want to.

facebook is trouble. it maybe fun and convenient, but it is TROUBLE. just, like, five minutes ago in time, laypersons were terrified of the "net" and terrified beyond all rational limits of ever giving personal info on the net, and now ......they're filling out their damn facebooks so thoroughly so you could follow them from class to class if you wanted! I had to yell at the 16 year old sis and tell her to take her frikking CELL PHONE number and ADDRESS off her Facebook!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:34 pm

I got a facebook account a few years back for no other reason than I didn't want some moron registering a fake one in my name (hazards of working for a newspaper). But I have no intention of becoming active,but still a number of people have sought me out and wanted to be "friends" with me. So far I haven't done anything about it. I haven't even logged on in forever. I wonder what all these people, ranging from real friends to acquaintances, think since I haven't responded in one way or the other... :?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm on facebook. I find that it is the only way I can keep in touch with my cousins and niece and nephew. They're in their 20s and 30s and don't check their emails regularly. It's frequently the only way to get a message to them. Yes, I have also been friended by people who wouldn't give me the time of day in high school and I find that very strange. I think as long as you are careful about what you put up and who you "friend" it's fine. But then again, I'm not a 21 year old posting pictures of myself getting loaded or naked.

I joined the "Connor Trineer" fan page and some of his friends from high school and college post messages to him and put up old pictures (the shorts one for example) on the page - thinking it's his page, which it isn't.

I joined the Cheap Trick and Weezer fan pages, too and in their cases they regularly use facebok to communicate to their fans about upcoming shows, TV appearances, etc.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:57 pm

It's odd that facebook has trumped email. About the only emails I get anymore are notices that I have a new facebook post or a PM from Triaxian Silk, which is fine.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Pride And Prejudice And Zombies is going to be a movie, with Natalie Portman starring in it. God loves me :D

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:10 pm

I bought this new furniture from Ikea today!

This will be my new desk:

My new "couch table" (or whatever you call it in English):

My new drawer:

And finally, two new bookshelves:

Now all that's left is to put them all together, which might take a while. I'll probably not finish that before Christmas. :?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:31 pm

Good taste! Here we call a "couch table" a consol table. Or the place where keys and junk mail go. I'm not really a "modern" style girl BUT I love the finish of the furniture, this furniture is pretty.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:23 pm

coffee table?

Love it!

I may just have to go and copy you. :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Now that I really look it seems like a coffee table.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:08 am

Yeah, coffee table, the kind you put in front of your living room couch. I don't know what a "consol table" is, but the one I've got is 90x90 cm. Is a "consol table" smaller?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:15 am

:lol: Consol tables go behind couches. They're taller butthe tableface is more narrow. Like I said it's for keys and junk mail. Take it there's no Mrs. Riley, because well, you wouldn't have to know which is which. All you'd have to do is say "yes dear" and put things together.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:32 am

Our coffee tables are both from IKEA, but I put the stain on myself. Of course, one of them is the exact same blue IKEA stain yours is. :)

I want a round coffee table for our living room, but finding a simple cheap round coffee table hasn't been easy. But then again, I don't have much time or patience for shopping, so it's probably easier than I think it is.

Has anyone here had experience with leather sofas? Are they defenseless against cats? I need something that can survive my husband and my son.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:25 am

I have a leather sofa. But I don't have a cat or a kid to protect it against, so i wouldn't know how defenseless it would be... :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:30 am

Depends is kitty de-clawed? If not I don't recommend it. But leather sofas are pretty much kid proof.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”