Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby evcake » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:55 pm

T'Poptarts wrote:Guess that's probably why I keep staying up working on the computer outside until like 2am like every day because at least there's no one there and it's quiet!!!! Crying or Very sad Well except when there's those frelling drunkies making noise Confused and so I'm sleep deprived and distracted (uh not Distracted Confused ) and I can't think or work on anything Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad think I just invented a new condition: AADD (Acquired Attention Deficit Disorder) Confused Confused my poor little brain is melting away. Sad Oh by the way did you know that every time people drink alcohol it literally shrinks their brain Confused Shock spooky Confused

I sympathize. To quote one of my favorite songwriters: Silence is the voice of God.
I hope you get some quiet soon. And some sleep. And some more choclate.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:57 pm

T'Poptarts wrote:Guess that's probably why I keep staying up working on the computer outside until like 2am like every day because at least there's no one there and it's quiet!!!! Crying or Very sad Well except when there's those frelling drunkies making noise Confused and so I'm sleep deprived and distracted (uh not Distracted Confused ) and I can't think or work on anything Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad think I just invented a new condition: AADD (Acquired Attention Deficit Disorder) Confused Confused my poor little brain is melting away. Sad Oh by the way did you know that every time people drink alcohol it literally shrinks their brain Confused Shock spooky Confused

I sympathize. To quote one of my favorite songwriters: Silence is the voice of God.
I hope you get some quiet soon. And some sleep. And some more choclate. Very Happy
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:23 pm

Chris wrote:Well, tomorrow my niece graduates the 5th grade. She starts Jr. High in the fall. I feel like I was just feeding her a bottle. Did I blink too many times? Is that what it's like to be a parent?

Yes. My oldest graduates from HIGH School this weekend and is off to college and my "babies" are both 16. Everyone is always off with their girlfriend or other friends, or at work. I am very suddenly FREE! After being up-to-my-neck (and over my head) busy driving them to their multiple sports games and practices for the past 10 years. The other day, I actually was consoling myself with the hope of grandchildren? Maybe 5 years down the road?

Confused

Enjoy it now! It's crazy, it's wonderful!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:23 pm

Ah, jusTrip'n, I hope you are enjoying your new found free time and not moping around with 'empty nest' syndrome. But don't worry, kids these days seem to delay independence. In my case, they are still hanging on for handouts (sans advice from the elder generation), well into their 30's, LOL.

Speaking of family, I have a small point of trivia to share. Our big family reunion in July at my sister's house in Tallahassee, Florida, is two hours drive from Panama City. But I don't think our family includes any shirt tail relatives named Tucker, unfortunately. Best I can do is ask for the key lime pie to be passed down the table to me. And oh, yeah, there is a place near my sister's that has great catfish.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

rogue
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby rogue » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:05 pm

Here's a little family you might enjoy watching - Peregrine falcons in downtown Winnipeg!

Falcons

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:31 pm

Aw, they are cute! There seem to be three chicks.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

rogue
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby rogue » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:02 am

Linda wrote:Aw, they are cute! There seem to be three chicks.

There are 4 but one is a few days younger and is much smaller than the others. I was feeling sorry for him, but he seems to hold his own with his larger siblings!

The first day I was watching one of the parents started feeding the chicks. I was wondering what they had caught. Then I saw the wing Shock - ugh, another bird. But, that's nature.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:33 am

JadziaKathryn wrote:This is too cool not to share:
Green Blooded-Patient

OMG! They operated on Mestral! Shock
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:04 am

Rigil Kent wrote:Yeah, I guess you weren't around when I was giving Jedikatie crap for my team beating her team for two different championships, were you, T'Sara? I was even sporting this avatar...

Oh you're evil!

I love that Avatar though.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:14 am

Confused Confused My friend has this game "guess which state T'Poptarts was born in". And for some reason he's got his mind set on Louisiana Confused Confused Confused Confused like dude I don't even have a southern accent. Confused Well only sometimes a little bit Confused Confused and I say "y'all" sometimes. Runner-up guess is Missouri (again no idea why Confused ) and second runner-up guess is somewhere in the East Coast (apparently because of the way I pronounce the word "something" when I say like "sum'n like that" or whatever the hell I sound like) Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
ImageImage

Chris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:36 pm

That and soaps

I hate them too. I will never understand the whole Luke and Laura thing on General Hospital. His character rapes her character and then you're suppose to believe she falls in love with him.Confused Confused Confused . I've actually never watched it, but you hear so much crap about it, that's the only thing I know about that one. That's all I need to know not to watch it. I must admit back in Jr. High, I would watch Days of our lives, i think, during summer or if I had off of school. But that didn't last long it got boring. It was basically the bedhopping hour. And then there's the turbo aging of characters. A character will be 10 and then a year later they've aged him or her 15 years.

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:10 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Yeah, I guess you weren't around when I was giving Jedikatie crap for my team beating her team for two different championships, were you, T'Sara? I was even sporting this avatar...

I wore my Gator shirt today..... Smile

My sister is trying to get a scholarship there.

Smile
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:56 am

Gah. Why does everybody have to slam the frelling doors all the time!!!!! Mad Confused Like I went to sleep at like 2:30am last night, because my friend comes to talk to me every night when he sees me sitting outside on the computer (because duh I can't sit inside after 10pm) and he really needs to talk to someone so I stay and listen even when it's like really late, then I had to work this morning I was so tired like totally almost fell asleep standing Confused then I had to work my other job too, and both my jobs are like really physical stuff heavy lifting etc, I wanted to take a little nap in between but I got slapped with overtime at job #1 so then I had like an hour to try take a nap, but everyone just keeps slamming the frelling door!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad And then I was just so tired and all the boxes fell on me. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ImageImage

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:59 am

To be perfectly fair, Rigil, I never seriously thought Ohio State would have a prayer of beating Florida in the basketball championship.

And if Ted Ginn hadn't stupidly hurt himself celebrating his touchdown off the opening kickoff, the football game might have gone a bit differently as well... don't know if we would have won or not, but it certainly wouldn't have been the same game...

And oddly enough, the lady I work with who is the aunt of OSU's former starting center, Nick Mangold, was at his wedding last month (or was it in April? The days are kind of blurring together now, too much work of late) and she said there were like 4 or 5 pro football players there (all former teammates of his). Apparently several people asked her if she was going to get their autographs and she told them no. Though she did tell me that they were all big guys, that her nephew was the shortest at a little over 6' tall. (And if you ever saw this lady, you'd laugh--she's barely 5' herself, so imagine a picture of her with these 4 or 5 big burly football players, all about 250-300 pounds and well over 6' tall...)
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:10 pm

Okay, suddenly, I can't logon to my ftp webspace. Anyone deal with godaddy.com and also having trouble?

edit:

yo soy muy estupido....

.......I forgot my password started with a capital.....there's an hour of typing and screaming I'll never get back..........
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Return to “General Chat”