What are you...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: What are you...

Postby Aquarius » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Anticipating: the Doctor Who special tonight!!
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:04 am

Where and when?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:03 am

Oh, sorry. It was on at 8pm EST on BBC America. There will be rebroadcasts tonight and through the week, I'm sure, as that's BBCA's M.O.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:52 am

Aquarius wrote:Oh, sorry. It was on at 8pm EST on BBC America. There will be rebroadcasts tonight and through the week, I'm sure, as that's BBCA's M.O.
Oooh, must call cousin that has cable! :D

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:...watching?

The very underrated movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I really like this one, a celebration of the pulp era and I love the retro-futuristic design aesthetics. And Angelina Jolie in an eye-patch is smokin' hot!
I liked that movie too. It was fun.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:10 am

Watching: more Justice League... I was using my Malcolm Bristow wallpaper like for years but now I ditched it for a Hawkgirl wallpaper

I don't know what it is about Hawkgirl. I mean like I :bow: all the Justice League members but for some reason Hawkgirl is my favorite. I don't know why cuz I like all of them a whole lot. Maybe it's because we share the same inability to color-coordinate. I mean look at her costume for crying out loud. I couldn't have done it better myself :p (eh who am I kidding) no really. I don't know why :? :dunno:
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:31 am

JadziaKathryn wrote:
Aquarius wrote:Oh, sorry. It was on at 8pm EST on BBC America. There will be rebroadcasts tonight and through the week, I'm sure, as that's BBCA's M.O.
Oooh, must call cousin that has cable! :D

The very underrated movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I really like this one, a celebration of the pulp era and I love the retro-futuristic design aesthetics. And Angelina Jolie in an eye-patch is smokin' hot!
I liked that movie too. It was fun.

All the people that trashed that movie were MORONS!!!!! It was Laurance Olivier OK? Magic, genius, and it worked in the storyline. That's how movies were made when people actually made movies not blockbusters! Angelina Jolie would be hot in a garbage bag, but her makeup was awful! She looked so washed out. But they were playing up Gwen Paltrow, who while lovely, tha camera doesn't find as magnetic.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:34 pm

I watched Connor Trineer on "Criminal Minds" last night. I never watched it before - only watched 'cuz he was on. He was excellent as usual, and underused, as usual. He's getting a lot of work on cop shows lately, bad & good guys. I hope he gets a series soon, even if it is a cop drama.

"Criminal Minds" was very average. Luke Perry was also guest starring and he was very good, and I like Joe Mantegna. Not only is he amazing as an actor, we grew up in the same neighborhood!

Connor looks smaller to me, as far as his physique goes. When he was playing Trip he seemed so much bigger, more buffed out. Maybe that was partially due to the fact that he played so many scenes with Jolene and she's really tiny, I dunno.

Sorry I'm rambling and all over the place - a little stresssed out today. Mom's in the hospital.
Last edited by Aikiweezie on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Hope your mom gets better soon.

I went over to the website for Criminal Minds to see if I could watch that episode but apparently they only have a few up at any time and that episode isn't one of them. Either that, or I'm clueless. Oh well. It was fun to see the CT fans lobbying for their man in the forums when I did a search.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Oh shoot I missed that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Criminal Minds but I would have gone through it to see CT. :(

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:06 pm

WarpGirl wrote:

All the people that trashed that movie were MORONS!!!!! It was Laurance Olivier OK? Magic, genius, and it worked in the storyline. That's how movies were made when people actually made movies not blockbusters! Angelina Jolie would be hot in a garbage bag, but her makeup was awful! She looked so washed out. But they were playing up Gwen Paltrow, who while lovely, tha camera doesn't find as magnetic.

Of course Angelina would look good even in a garbage bag. :drool: Can't see anything wrong with her makeup though (but then I'm a guy). As for washed out, well, the whole movie had that deliberately as a CGI effect.

They should make a Sky Captain TV series and then they could star Jolene Blalock :drool: as Frankie since it's doubtful Angie would be up for a TV gig.

And nothing wrong with Paltrow, but if I'd been the Sky Captain I'd have gone for Eyepatch Angie.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:10 pm

Do you think Conner could pull off Sky Captain? Or would Dominic have to do it? ;-)
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Connor as Sky Captain, huh? But of course he'd pull it off. My, what a neat show that'd be, with both Jolene and Connor!

Sigh! I can wish, can't I?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:20 pm

I wish the Bradley Whitford and Janel Moloney get a new show together every day. That's "The West Wing" for those who don't know.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:20 pm

My son surprised me this morning by saying, "Suppose Connor Trinneer and Brad Pitt changed places? I think Connor Trinneer could play most of the roles Brad Pitt plays."

That's a high compliment from my kid. I haven't honestly seen enough Brad Pitt to say (seriously, I think the only thing I've seen is "Legends of the Fall"), but I do think they have a similar look about them.

Of course, I'm then imagining poor Brad Pitt schlepping around to places like Parsippany for Trek conventions. Definitely a different lifestyle.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:24 pm

I can see them doing a movie where Conner is his younger brother. Oh man wouldn't it be hysterical, Brad and Conner as brothers, Jolene and Angie as sisters. Oh the hijinks.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”