The Whine thread.

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Bether6074
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby Bether6074 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

I'm sorry to hear about about Cinnamon. I think that was her name... :? Losing anything that is familiar to us is always sad. :cry:

:hug:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 am

Wow. A perfect memory for both numbers AND names. 8)

Thanks, Bether. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Distracted wrote:You've never had a pet EVER? That's just so sad! How could you get to be an adult without ever having so much as a hamster? Are you allergic? Was your mom pet-poop phobic or something?

Nope, not allergic here! It's just that my parents thought (think, they still do) that it's just too much trouble or bother to keep. Add to that that we usually went abroad on out holidays and thus couldn't bring any pets along. And they didn't want to bother fiends to take care of them, and the only grandparent that was alive when I was born (my maternal granmother) died when I was 8.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm so sorry Distracted that you lost your pet Ferret. It's really difficult to lose them when they've been such a big part of your life.My cats are very important to me. And I know what you're going through.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Whine: this zoo is so retarded it's unbelievable. I mean like now they're glazing the fiberglass showers, but like why couldn't they do it like 2 months ago when there weren't so many people trying to use them. Now it's summer and it's super busy and NOW they're closing our showers?? WTF and like also there's 3 fiberglass showers, they're doing them one at a time and right now they're doing the last one thank Surak, but like every time they glaze a shower they close the whole bathroom not just that one shower, and it's supposed to be closed for like 4 days!!! Like okay I get it close it WHILE you're glazing the shower, but it only takes like 2 hours then why can't they keep that one shower closed, but open the other shower and the 3 toilets and 2 sinks in the frelling bathroom!!!! It's not like they're connected or anything!! And with this bathroom out of the equation the ratio is like 100 people to 2 bathrooms with 1 shower, 2 toilets, 2 sinks combined but only 2 people at a time can use those bathrooms because it's not separated like this bathroom.

AND WHY IN ALL HELLS DO THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO CLOSE THE BATHROOM WHEN I'M ON MY PERIOD DAMMIT!!!! WHEN THEY DID THE OTHER SHOWER IN THIS BATHROOM I WAS ON MY PERIOD TOO. WELL WHEN THEY CLOSED THE BATHROOM DOWNSTAIRS I WAS MID CYCLE THANK SURAK, BUT STILL EVEN WITHOUT THAT BATHROOM THERE'S PLENTY FACILITIES TO USE, BUT WHEN THEY CLOSE THIS BATHROOM THERE'S HARDLY ANYTHING!!!!! AND BOTH TIMES THEY CLOSE IT WHEN I'M ON MY PERIOD AND I'M CRAMPY I'M IN PAIN AND I NEED BATHROOM!!!!!

I just wanna kill something right now :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageImage

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:31 pm

LOL, T'Poptarts, and I am not laughing at you - I am laughing at the less than intelligent shower glazers. They are men aren't they? I will bet there is not one woman on that work crew. :evilmonkey: Men don't understand about bathrooms. I think there is a gene for the creation of brain cells that have to do with the logic of bathrooms and it is just missing from the human male genetic inheritance.

Oh golly, I am going to get hammered by the guys now, aren't I!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:37 pm

Well the manager who approved this dren is a woman!! :evil: But then again she's in her 50's and doesn't frelling have a period anymore, and she doesn't live here either so she rarely ever has to use a bathroom around here. That's why she can afford to be such an ignorant bitch and diss everyone else's needs she doesn't understand or even care to. :evil: :censored: :cry:
ImageImage

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:59 pm

I think the reason they closed the whole bathroom is because they want to make sure that some moron doesn't mess up their work. I'll give you an example of peoples idiocy. Were renovating our bathroom at home an yesterday the guy who does the work changed the main sewer pipe (I live in an apartment). The neighbors were notified and I checked with them prior to starting the work. I had to leave home to take care of business and the workman calls and say that my neighbors are morons and had flushed twice in that time frame. Thanks good he was prepared for it, he taped a garbage bag to the old section of the pipe that we couldn't change it caught the first batch. The second time he almost had all the work done and only a small connection piece was missing and the only thing he could do was hold it over the lower pipe and try to make sure that it didn't spray to much. To change the pipe we had to open up the section between our bathroom and the one below us and the lower neighbor had renovated their bathroom a couple of years back so it could have been a big mess. Thankfully it wasn't.
You live for The One, you die for The One.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Still. It's not connected to anything else in the bathroom :evil:
ImageImage

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:45 pm

My tuition bill came. I have to take out several thousand dollars in unsubsidized loans, which rots. (I read online that for most colleges a dirty secret is that they use Master's students as cash cows to fund PhD studies, and I totally believe it. Meanwhile the FAFSA report acknowledges that I'm poor but there's little financial aid for grad students. Get a TA job, they think - except those go to PhD students. Grrr.)

One more year, one more year, one more year...

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:07 am

That rots. If I hadn't had the TAship, I never would have been able to do grad school. I already owed enough from the bachelor's.

My whine: BEAR in the back yard, checking out the bird feeders, which I don't fill after April, so I hope she was permanently disappointed. My son was looking out the back window while he was on the computer and wondered what the heck that big black thing was.

I missed it because I was at a library meeting, but my husband called the police. Our neighbor was also visited. She does feed the birds all year, but her birdseed is gone now.

:( My little garden looks very defenseless out there when I think of a big fat bear lolling around in it looking for stuff to eat. As it is, the deer are chomping the leaves off a lot of perennials they never bother until fall. Apparently the natural economy sucks too, this summer.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:50 am

Two days off from work. Two complete wastes of time.

Yesterday: spent all day at the No Worker Left Behind orientation. My chosen occupation was not on the "approved" list I was handed when I signed up, but bringing the film industry to Michigan has been Governor Granholm's pet project since she took office, so I figured what the hell, maybe it's a little negotiable, since the wording in all the NWLB stuff talks about high-demand jobs AND "emerging industries."

So I asked the first lady who gave the presentation before lunch about this, and she said "maybe," that I should go ahead and research it and prepare my pitch to be run past an adviser. I was a little skeptical, but the ex talked me into going back for the second half any way, because you never know.

So I go back for the second half, and THAT lady references something on the approved list--something that almost none of us has. Turns out most of us were not given the updated approved list of occupations that the state of Michigan will train you for. Okay, fine, she told us where that change was (something about selective acceptance programs, like nursing and stuff--didn't pertain to me) and she went on. So we get all the way to the end, and I ask her the same question I asked the first lady. She calls my attention to the back page of the new list, where it says that at this time, the state of Michigan will categorically NOT pay for film school for anybody under any circumstances. So I looked her in the eye and was like, "so you mean I could've completely avoided wasting my time and missing a day of work today if the state of Michigan had seen fit to hand me the right piece of paper in the first place?" Dudes, I was PISSED!!

So today, I had traffic court, for the bus thing. I get in there, and the first thing the magistrate says is that they DO NOT fix points on the license. WTF??? :wtf: That's what I'd COME for. Turns out I would've needed a formal hearing with the judge...which I'm told lawyers come, someone from the bus company could've come, etc...so basically the only purpose my pleading "responsible with explanation" served was to enter an explanation as to WHY the bus and I bounced off of each other that day. I had to pay the fine, I still got 2 points on my license. OAKLAND COUNTY CAN KISS MY ASS!!

Moral of the story, kids: if you come to the Detroit area and you screw up, do it in Royal Oak. The magistrate there CAN and WILL work with you. :roll:

Like I really needed all this crap with the family drama I'm going through, y'know?
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:51 am

:hug:

Yeah, that sucks.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Eian Flannagan
Commander
Commander
Twitter username: eianflannagan

Postby Eian Flannagan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:49 am

Alelou wrote:Apparently the natural economy sucks too, this summer.

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: I'm not laughing at your defenseless garden, Alelou, but that last sentence was funny!
"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds;
our planet is the mental institution of the universe."
---Johann von Goethe

The Happy Medium Universe

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:51 pm

I didn't think this happened outside slapstick comedies or cartoons, but a bird took a dump on me today! :censored: Don't laugh, it's not funny! :-X

I passed under a tree and even if it was only for a second that's when he did his deed on my shoulder... What are the odds?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Return to “General Chat”