Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Little Red
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Show On Map: No

Re: AHHH!!!!! *HAPPY JUMP*

Postby Little Red » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:22 pm

Aquarius wrote:^ Do you have red hair by any chance? 8) Or are you notorious for wearing a red hoodie to Grandma's house?

In that case, moar pr0n, plz!!

It's on the way! No stress!! :lol:

Well, you know, anything I can do to help... *tosses out some mental imagery: alien hot springs... additional sparring training... master classes in neuropressure...*

I have red hair indeed! :) I am actually pretty tall for a girl, but most of the other redheads I know are seriously giant guys.

justTripn wrote:Aquarius does a hot and hilarious NC-17 and Elessar manages to be smoldering even in his G-rated stuff. I don't know how that works.

He?

... we have BOYS in this fandom!??

That's so cool and unusual! (The estrogen in the Stargate fandom could kill you dead, I swears.)

Also, hope you don't mind us hijacking your thread, justTripn! I'm totally going to have to read all those fics now. :)

Is it customary to PM or email people about their fics if you'd like to comment on older stuff?

-- Little Red, who would very much appreciate a hint as to who others of these boy creatures are are so as to avoid tragic pronoun errors.
Icon by ashism.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:34 pm

Little Red wrote:
Aquarius wrote:^ Do you have red hair by any chance? 8) Or are you notorious for wearing a red hoodie to Grandma's house?

In that case, moar pr0n, plz!!

It's on the way! No stress!! :lol:

Well, you know, anything I can do to help... *tosses out some mental imagery: alien hot springs... additional sparring training... master classes in neuropressure...*

I have red hair indeed! :) I am actually pretty tall for a girl, but most of the other redheads I know are seriously giant guys.

justTripn wrote:Aquarius does a hot and hilarious NC-17 and Elessar manages to be smoldering even in his G-rated stuff. I don't know how that works.

He?

... we have BOYS in this fandom!??

That's so cool and unusual! (The estrogen in the Stargate fandom could kill you dead, I swears.)

Also, hope you don't mind us hijacking your thread, justTripn! I'm totally going to have to read all those fics now. :)

Is it customary to PM or email people about their fics if you'd like to comment on older stuff?

-- Little Red, who would very much appreciate a hint as to who others of these boy creatures are are so as to avoid tragic pronoun errors.

<-- Has dangly parts :lol: 8)

Let's see... KTR, myself, CX, Buurman, Dark_rain, mjimeyg, ... I'll work ona more complete list for you later.

I kinda wish you'd read something of mine first and THEN found out I was a man. I'd be fielding accusations of my sexual orientation for MONTHS :lol: :lol:

...hey, happened at HoT!
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:38 pm

"Boys" in this fandom (who are also writers):

Elessar
mjimeyg
Black'nblue
Asso
CX
Kevin
Buurman

And gone but not forgotten:
the great Rigil Kent *explosions go off in his honor*
and Peter Simons
Eian

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. And we have guys who are mostly readers. I'll bet at least a 3rd of Trip and T'Polers are guys? Do you think?

Authors would love PMs. Some of the authors may not be around often to pick up PMs, but it can't hurt to try. :)
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:57 pm

I just remembered that there's Prisocisor, Enterprikayak's husband, but he's not on a whole lot.

We have a few new ones too... now i'm ultra paranoid that I'm wrong about two people I think are men, so I'm not going to say so :lol:

Oh, and Navigator.

And Ep/Ek/Es/Escribe/Enterprikayak might as well be a man, she's as COOL as one! 8) :D :D
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:02 pm

I forgot Quills and THECURSOR - TC is like - teh - greatest - writer - ev-ar.

Also gone but not forgotten, Mitchell and Shakabutt.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Little Red
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby Little Red » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:28 pm

*takes notes*

I'm in total awe over the number of dudes! Yayyy!! I've always had fantasies about what fandom would be like if there were guys in it... and, well, aside from probably much less slash!fic since most men actually like women, I kind of drew a blank. More explosions, maybe? The male characters doing a lot less sobbing? Random reasons to dress T'Pol up in culturally-required alien negligees? T'Pol learning to understand that sometimes a man and his warp core just need some space and she shouldn't judge, okay? Less catty infighting among the writers about who snubbed whom by not commenting on someone's fic?

I've run out of stereotypes, sorry. (Though, um, I kind of hope that all of those above things are actually true :lol:)

Elessar, I just opened "Your Mom 'n Me" (part the first) over on the archive and am sucked in by sentence #1. Eeee! *excited* I must admit I hadn't opened it in the past because, well, the title, and there are places on the internet where bad incestuous things sort of show up unannounced in fanfics, you know? It's a minefield out there.

Okay, now I have been sucked in by the first page and if I don't hit "submit" right now I will be forced to give you a running commentary of exclamation points!

-- Little Red, !!!!!!!!!!!
Icon by ashism.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:32 pm

justTripn wrote:"Boys" in this fandom (who are also writers):

Elessar
mjimeyg
Black'nblue
Asso
CX
Kevin
Buurman

and Peter Simons
Eian

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. And we have guys who are mostly readers. I'll bet at least a 3rd of Trip and T'Polers are guys? Do you think?

Authors would love PMs. Some of the authors may not be around often to pick up PMs, but it can't hurt to try. :)

And Transwarp, Transwarp!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:40 pm

Little Red wrote:*takes notes*

I'm in total awe over the number of dudes! Yayyy!! I've always had fantasies about what fandom would be like if there were guys in it... and, well, aside from probably much less slash!fic since most men actually like women, I kind of drew a blank. More explosions, maybe? The male characters doing a lot less sobbing? Random reasons to dress T'Pol up in culturally-required alien negligees? T'Pol learning to understand that sometimes a man and his warp core just need some space and she shouldn't judge, okay? Less catty infighting among the writers about who snubbed whom by not commenting on someone's fic?

I've run out of stereotypes, sorry. (Though, um, I kind of hope that all of those above things are actually true :lol:)

Elessar, I just opened "Your Mom 'n Me" (part the first) over on the archive and am sucked in by sentence #1. Eeee! *excited* I must admit I hadn't opened it in the past because, well, the title, and there are places on the internet where bad incestuous things sort of show up unannounced in fanfics, you know? It's a minefield out there.

Okay, now I have been sucked in by the first page and if I don't hit "submit" right now I will be forced to give you a running commentary of exclamation points!

-- Little Red, !!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, I get pure exclamation points! What a compliment!

Yeah, DEFINITELY not an incest fic :guffaw:. Though I can understand your hesitation.

By the way, if you encounter any problems with linking or missing chapters on YMAM (embarassing), check it out at Houseoftucker.com, the Trip and T'pol section, the Archive. We used to link to that, then we hosted them all, now we just host our own, but will soon be re-adding the original links. It's a long story, but yours truly, owner and all, still has his own stories archived here, but I haven't had a chance to check them over and make sure they're ship-shape. They should be, though.

Asso wrote:
justTripn wrote:"Boys" in this fandom (who are also writers):

Elessar
mjimeyg
Black'nblue
Asso
CX
Kevin
Buurman

and Peter Simons
Eian

And Transwarp, Transwarp!

I wasn't 100% sure :guffaw:
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:14 am

Elessar wrote:<-- Has dangly parts :lol: 8)

I was surfing the forum from my cell phone at work when I read this and I cracked up so loud the WHOLE SALON stared at me! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

I think there was also some question about my gender when I signed up. I think a couple of comments about Connor's damn fine ass cleared that up in fairly short order. :wink:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Little Red
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby Little Red » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:07 am

Aquarius wrote:I think there was also some question about my gender when I signed up. I think a couple of comments about Connor's damn fine ass cleared that up in fairly short order. :wink:

Yeah. Um. For some reason, no one has ever made that mistake with me. :lol:

(It's because grown men don't *flail*, right, Elessar?)

-- Little Red, wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing fangirl.
Icon by ashism.

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Navigator » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:42 pm

Little Red,

Some of us in our lives have worked with, worked for, had work for us, or otherwise associated with (put whatever interpretation you like on that) do or die women like T'Pol. Therefore, we like it in our fiction also. Warrant Officer (later Lieutenant Ripley) being another past favorite, until they screwed that up with the third and fourth movie.

Nav

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Little Red wrote:T'Pol learning to understand that sometimes a man and his warp core just need some space and she shouldn't judge, okay?

This is just screaming to be made into a fic...

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:33 pm

I think Transwarp is female.

Also, we have Entizila, who is hangs out on the board and is male, and Nemo Blank, who writes military romance. Seems very male.

We used to have a guys thread. For guys only. They got together and discussed their guns (and I don't know what else). The rest of us stayed out of it.

When I first got here I was confused. A) I didn't think guys cared about romance. Boy was I wrong! B) If the story was from told from a Trip point of view, I guessed the author was male; if from a T'Pol POV, I guessed the author was female.

Now that I have been here awhile, I think the rule is almost opposite: Everyone likes to write the love scenes from the POV of the character they are most obsessed with. It's like you empathize with the object of your obsession to the point you can write AS him/her. For instance, I prefer the Trip POV, and Asso does a good female POV for T'Pol.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:10 pm

^ I think the difference also lies in what was actually canonically delivered. I was talking about this with a few friends in fandom not too long ago. We have, like, NO men in Han/Leia. Aside from a couple of kisses, that's all we got in terms of romance. (I'm speaking strictly the movies here, not the disappointing profic that followed, which is a whole thing unto itself.) With Trip and T'Pol, there was an actual "payoff" in terms of seeing all that romantic/sexual tension come to frutition, and my friends and I wondered if that's what's generating more guy-appeal here than in other pairings?

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:51 pm

justTripn wrote:...and Asso does a good female POV for T'Pol.

Female soul is an unfathomable universe. If you try to explore it, you will find treasures that you could have ever imagined they can exist.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “General Chat”