Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:43 am

Watching: Ultimate Avengers 2

Downloading: X-Files movie, the latest House episode, and House mid season 4 (which is excruciatingly slow of course. Gah why can't it download as fast as all the season 5 episodes. Grrr. Now I have plenty lovely season 5 episodes I can't even touch because I have to wait for season 4 to download. Oh the temptation :? :roll: )

Eating: strawberries
ImageImage

Dusalis Drake
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Dusalis Drake » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:27 am

Listening to: album Save Me From Myself by Brian "Head" Welch

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:02 am

Feeling: pukey :? :upchuck: my period hates me. :( :cry:

Waiting for: the new episode of House. Gah I haven't watched House since like... yesterday :? :roll: I miss it :(

Downloading: season 9 of X-Files
ImageImage

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:32 am

Uh oh. Season 9 will make you feel pukey too...
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:27 am

Doing: My Photoshop project... Boring.

Listening: You're All I Have - Snow Patrol

Procrastinating on: The blueprints I have to present on Monday.
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:54 am

Watching: Space Chimps

Bwahahaha... I like movies with talking animals :oops: :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:51 am

about to watch? The season finale of True Blood.

Is nobody else addicted to this?

I missed almost the whole series. I'm going to have to get my hands on the earlier episodes. I've never cared for vampire stories but this one really has me by the throat... :shock:
Image.Image

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:37 am

DON'T YOU WATCH THE SEASON FINALE BEFORE WATCHING THE SEASON!!!

They're making another season though, YES. I thought it'd be a one-shot deal. I'm pretty excited to see it. I love it.

I don't usually consider myself "into" vampire stuff, but I really loved "Interview with a Vampire" AND I love True Blood. Maybe I'm a fanger, IDK :lol:

DOING: Just filled out an app for Best Buy - Geek Squad. Oh yah. 8) :lol:

Need to Do: Study for GRE

Doing Tomorrow: Calling MIT :D (it's a long shot)

I'm also applying to UT-Austin, Purdue, and University of Illinois-Urbana/Champagne
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:26 am

Just watched: X-Files movie. Where's Doggy and Reyes I kinda missed them :?

Downloading: Early Edition. I liked that show it has a cute cat :D but it's also like over 30GB and I've been downloading it for like 5 days and I'm at 5.5% so it's gonna take a looooong time until I can actually watch it. :? :( (And yes I prioritized the first episode but it's still not done :explode: gah)
ImageImage

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:16 am

TPoptarts wrote:Just watched: X-Files movie. Where's Doggy and Reyes I kinda missed them :?

Downloading: Early Edition. I liked that show it has a cute cat :D but it's also like over 30GB and I've been downloading it for like 5 days and I'm at 5.5% so it's gonna take a looooong time until I can actually watch it. :? :( (And yes I prioritized the first episode but it's still not done :explode: gah)

jesus that's a long time. BTW, what do you use? I used to only DL on my laptop and I had a nice, quiet version of Bitcomet like .80 or something and now it's 1.06 and it's got all these bells and whistles and crap that pops up on you and AHHH!!! I hate it. I use Frostwire for non-torrent and it has a torrent handling capability but it's just as bad. I want my damn old BitComet back!

The thing is my laptop is dead and my powercord burned up so I have no way of getting into it. That's also what's keeping me from working on YMAM, b/c I am at an impasse w/out a scene I wrote on it.

There's a power cord in the mail though, thankfully.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:32 am

I'm downloading it on HAL (because it has the space and C2 doesn't) so it's using BitComet .86 which is nice and quiet LOL, especially with the option to automatically check for updates turned off (yes I know there's newer versions. No I don't wanna download them. Thank you). I downloaded that one on purpose because I read reviews that said the versions after that have the annoying bells and whistles you mentioned. Here's a nice quiet BitComet .86 for you :)

On C2 I use Azureus because it's the only one I have that still handles multiple downloads. BitComet used to handle multiples just fine but for some reason it stopped so I switched to Azureus. Actually my BitTorrent also handles multiples great but it's really limited because I can't pick which files to download (and C2 has very little space) and also it can't find any peers for older downloads and BitComet and Azureus have no problem with that. Which is too bad because I'd so prefer to use BitTorrent instead of Azureus because it's nice and small and Azureus is really heavy and makes C2 even slower than it already is. :? And that's why I use BitComet on HAL and not Azureus because it has a slower processor than C2 (even though it's still like way faster)

Also HAL downloads on the wi-fi and the wi-fi here isn't very reliable, today I had a pretty good download rate (which in my sad pathetic reality means liks over 30kb/s... even made it up to 3 digits for a little while and actually made the ETA drop from 99:99:99!! :shock: ) but yesterday it was low and the connection kept dropping all the time. So yeah :?
ImageImage

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:36 am

What's HAL and what's C2? lol, your two different computers I'm guessing?

I'm using a pretty old computer by gaming standards. I have a Socket 939 / NForce 4 Ultra / AMD 64 3500+ 2.2ghz with 2 GB of normal DDR400. I haven't even switched to DDR2 yet. I actually had to buy a new video card to play Fallout 3 b/c I had a 7900 GT and I think performance wise it was probably ok but I think the main issue was the card was actually just burned up. Never buy a card with huge factory overclocks, especially from eVGA. There was a rash of failures of Geforce 7000 series cards by XFX, BFG Tech and eVGA and BFGTech was nice enough to issue a blanket return policy for any of their factory overclocked cards that failed. They actually saw that XFX and eVGA weren't going to and they thought it was so stupid they took advantage of it and agreed to give any eVGA or XFX card owner who had a burned out card like a $100 trade in value on a new BFG card at the time, :lol:.

Anyway now I have a nice new pretty ATI Radeon HD 4850. I haven't had an ATI in quite some time. Last one was a 9500 Pro. It's pretty awesome, but Fallout 3 still can't handle max settings b/c my CPU is just too damn old. It's not even dual core, which is pretty standard in gaming these days.

The ONE thing I have plenty of in this computer is STORAGE. I have 2 74 GBs, 1 80Gb, 2x250Gbs, 2x200Gbs, and 1x300 Gb. I also have 2x160 Gbs but.... I don't have any more slots or SATA jacks. I'm hoping to just buy a single 1 Tb (or 2 Tb!) HDD soon and then throw all these into two massive JBOD RAID arrays in external enclosures... but on second thought I might wait until USB 3.0 is out to take advantage of the throughput. Anywho.

IDK what I had on my laptop b/c this .86 still has shit all over it. this goofy icon that overlays EVERYTHING to tell me what BitComet is doing? yeah, it didn't have that. This "CometZone" login shit, it didn't have that. This search bar on the right? Didn't have that. And this "Warrior Legends" game ad at the bottom, definitely didn't have that. Grrr... I have never had trouble with multiple downloads (with w/e version I had). What I did on my laptop and will do on this also is go into ...DAHH!!! It keeps trying to install Adobe Flash Player updates, WTF? Go into Preferences and increase "Disk Cache Size" Maximum to like 400 MB and into Connection and increase "Connections per Task" to like 400. I think it maxed out at 200 on my last one though. This basically uses more system resources but if you have enough memory and stuff, it allows BitComet to take advantage of all those seeds and stuff you normally don't. Because even if there are 9000 Seeds for the recent Lost episode, it'll only download from like 10 of them at a time. You can push that up.

On new episodes of stuff, (I have 5 Mbit down), I get as high as 600 kbps on downloads on bitcomet. I love it.

EDIT: I feel like I can breathe now... I got most of that crap out of the way. Though I have to admit, the search bar where you can easily switch between torrent searches from a pull down menu and then search... is kinda neat.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:32 pm

Elessar wrote:DON'T YOU WATCH THE SEASON FINALE BEFORE WATCHING THE SEASON!!!

They're making another season though, YES. I thought it'd be a one-shot deal. I'm pretty excited to see it. I love it.

I don't usually consider myself "into" vampire stuff, but I really loved "Interview with a Vampire" AND I love True Blood. Maybe I'm a fanger, IDK :lol:

DOING: Just filled out an app for Best Buy - Geek Squad. Oh yah. 8) :lol:

Need to Do: Study for GRE

Doing Tomorrow: Calling MIT :D (it's a long shot)

I'm also applying to UT-Austin, Purdue, and University of Illinois-Urbana/Champagne

Too late. I'd seen the last four or five so I HAD TO WATCH THE FINALE. Poor Bill!

Don't you think Sukie's brother looks a little like Connor T's younger, stupider brother?

Don't overwhelm the poor folks at Best Buy with talk like you and T'PopTarts just had. My eyes glazed right over.

If you're going after math, you might want to look at Stanford, UGeorgia/Athens and McGill in Canada. (Which is only to say my friend's brilliant math wiz son has worked/studied at those places. I think UG is tenure-track for him now.)
Image.Image

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:21 pm

Maybe I'm a fanger, IDK :lol:

Fanger? Never heard that before. That's a term for fans of vampire stuff, right? Or just specific vampire stuff?

Well, I liked Buffy and Angel, so maybe I'm a "fanger"...

But I haven't seen True Blood - or even heard of it until this thread.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:39 pm

I think that term is probably unique to True Blood. It's a very dark social satire more than anything. Well, Buffy was a social satire too, but this one really steps it up.
Image.Image

Return to “General Chat”