New Game: Interview the Next Person

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: New Game: Interview the Next Person

Postby Distracted » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:25 pm

I honestly don't remember. How's that for memorable? My first real date with the man I ended up married to was 4 days after I turned 18. I remember that. :D

My first kiss was with a Mexican lifeguard in Cozumel the summer I was 14, though. I remember that one. He was trying to get to the US, I think. Didn't speak a word of English. His name was Milo. The kiss was more startling than it was exciting. I had no clue what he was about to do and he just leaned over and planted one on me. :shock:

Q: What do you think you'd be doing now if you'd married your first steady boyfriend or girlfriend? (For example, my first boyfriend was a carpenter named Ducharme. I doubt I'd have gone to med school if I'd married him right out of high school. I probably would have gone to the local college instead and majored in language education. He and I would probably be in a double-wide trailer in Ville Platte raising a whole passel of little Cajuns, and I'd probably be teaching French at a local school.)
Image sig by chrisis1033

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:38 pm

Well he was an athlete, so we would have raised a bunch of little athletes (like what actually happened except it was a total surprise to both me and my husband where our kids got those genes). He was Christian, so I would have remained more in that world. My husband likes to plant the idea in my head that he's living in a trailer park somewhere (my husband once actaully told me he'd heard that) but I think that's just the jelousy talking. I HOPE!!! LOL

Seriously, our lives would have revolved around sports more so than they do.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:39 pm

Wait no one answered the age at first date question.

OK! I got a question: Impress us with a famous person you know/live near/went to school with.

For instance: I live in Mister Rogers' neighborhood (if anyone remembers that children's program). Really! And for a time attended the same church where he has once taught Sunday School. And my husband grew up around the corner from the house where rapper/actor Will Smith grew up. They went to the same middle school, but at different times. "West Phily born and raised." AND . . . I had another famous connection . . . it flew out of my head.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:16 pm

I went to high school with Penn of Penn and Teller in Greenfield MA. But damned if I remember him. I'd only moved to Greenfield in the middle of my junior year, and ended up hanging out mostly with kids a grade lower than me because they were the weirdo lunch table and that was where I fit in best. :)

I also went to high school with the baseball player Howard Johnson in Clearwater FL before we moved. He was even in my homeroom. I vaguely remember him as a nice guy. (And Distracted, that was the year my father refused to let me go to the Jimmy Carter victory party even though I'd been a pretty active volunteer -- and desperately wanted to go hang out with the cute high school guy I'd done most of my volunteering with -- but I think as a newspaperman my dad knew a lot better than to let a sixteen-year-old go hang out with a bunch of drunk local politicians. Anyway, I thought he was SO MEAN!!!! Hell, part of me still thinks it was mean. I really wouldn't have minded if I could have had my first kiss at that party, damn it.)

Question: If you were allowed to take a pet on Enterprise, what would you take?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:44 pm

My cats, for sure! :D

What is your first memory?
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

leslina
Commander
Commander

Postby leslina » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:27 pm

Aquarius wrote:My cats, for sure! :D

Same here.

Aquarius wrote:What is your first memory?

Cool question!

Cutting my left thumb with a Campbell's soup can when I was about two years old. I remember crying and my uncle picking me up. I don't recall going to the hospital or getting the stitches.

Favorite non-alcoholic beverage?
“Talking is one of the fine arts--the noblest, the most important, the most difficult--and its fluent harmonies may be spoiled by the intrusion of a single harsh note.” ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 am

It's a tie between Diet Pepsi and iced tea (nuttin' in it--I drink my tea like a big girl!)

What did you dream about last night?

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:11 am

Aquarius wrote:It's a tie between Diet Pepsi and iced tea (nuttin' in it--I drink my tea like a big girl!)

What did you dream about last night?

OH! I have to do first memory: I was in a stroller rolling over a little bridge. Working backwords it probably had to be Brown University. My parents gave me a little chochlate in tin foil. I think it was a turtle. And I ate it with the tin foil on, which of course was yucky, until someone took it out of my mouth. I must have been 1.

I'll let the next person answer Aquarius's question.

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:13 am

Unfortunately, I dreamed about school, which is what usually happens when I'm swamped in homework or have an important due date coming up...

Any daily rituals that you hate? (I know most guys hate shaving, for example...)
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

Ezinma88
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Ezinma88 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:36 am

Pitseleh wrote:Unfortunately, I dreamed about school, which is what usually happens when I'm swamped in homework or have an important due date coming up...

Any daily rituals that you hate? (I know most guys hate shaving, for example...)

Well....it sounds pretty negative, but I hate waking up - just that first 30 minutes of everyday. They're always such a battle. I keep hitting snooze on my radio alarm. Then I'm forced to get out of bed and walk across the room to my second 'emergency' alarm. Basically, I need to go to bed earlier.

Q: Predictions please.....Who's going to be the next president of the United States? Don't forget to say why...

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:39 pm

I don't know. Can we actually have this discussion without it becoming political?

Here's what the polls say: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... index.html

How about another question: What do you think the next President's space policy should be?
Image.Image

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:18 pm

Cancel the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station. And plans to return to the moon. Pursue robotic scientific space exploration to answer questions about cosmology and the origins of life. GET SERIOUS about the threat from astroids, track all near Earth objects (those with orbits that potentially cross Earth's orbit), and become skilled in moving astroids and comets (There is actually alot of attention to this already, but it should be priority # 1). Return to manned exploration if the need arises (the robots don't tell us what we need to know.)

Get to Europa and Encelatus (two moons with liquid water). More exploration of Titan (where there are alot of hydrocarbons).

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:27 pm

Okay, clearly we have someone who has thought about it!

Your question for the next person?
Image.Image

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:19 pm

Whoops.

Q: What aspects of your personality explain your attraction to Star Trek: Enterprise.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 pm

You mean other than an appreciation for a fine male specimen like Connor Trinneer, and putting him together with really cool Vulcan mojo bond stuff and compelling characters???

Well...I've always kind of been "out there." I began with Classic Trek, and Roddenberry's philosophy about what the future would be like really resonated with me, especially the stuff about no more war, no more hunger, every child will know how to read, etc.--HE believed it, so *I* did.

As an only child, I had to get pretty good at amusing myself, so I had to develop a pretty active imagination. Star Trek probably fueled that more than anything for the first 15-20 years of my life, and I have pretty much followed all of its incarnations...albeit belatedly with this one. :wink:

Great question!!!!

Which Enterprise cast member would you most like to have a chat with over a beer?

Return to “General Chat”