New members, introduce yourselves here!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

ravensrookery
Ensign
Ensign
Show On Map: No

Re: New members, introduce yourselves here!

Postby ravensrookery » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi everyone my name is ravensrookery and I have decided to not be a lurker anymore :D
I started reading fanfics of Enterprise about 6 months ago. The stories are some of the best thought provoking and well written ones out there. I am envious of anyone who can take something they love to do and share it with others. I look forward to reading more wonderful work and I hope that my favorite authors post new chapters soon (I am running out of Trip/T'pol fanfic).

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:16 pm

Welcome, Ravensrookery!

We who write fan fic here are probably all flattered to meet a new reader! I know I like to get comments from readers, both hearing how they liked (or not) my stories and to get criticism that it helps me write better stories. Don't be afraid to write a story yourself or suggest an idea for a story. And if you do any creative graphic work, there is a place on this board for that! So join in the fun and discussions.

Linda
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi there, ravensrookery and welcome! :wave:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:52 pm

What Linda said! :D

WELCOME!
THE ROAD IS OPEN!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:27 pm

Wonderful to meet you. Join in the fun.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:16 pm

welcome to our slice of the internet!
--
I got hugged

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:42 pm

Linda wrote:Welcome, Ravensrookery!

We who write fan fic here are probably all flattered to meet a new reader! I know I like to get comments from readers, both hearing how they liked (or not) my stories and to get criticism that it helps me write better stories. Don't be afraid to write a story yourself or suggest an idea for a story. And if you do any creative graphic work, there is a place on this board for that! So join in the fun and discussions.

Linda

And don't forget poetry! :D
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:30 am

And don't forget skullduggery! And agitatory!

WEEEELLLLLLLCOME!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:14 pm

I think politeness requires that I introduce myself before posting anything.

Well, my screen name is Escriba but you can call me Eli, because that's my name's diminutive and everybody call me that (except my mother when she's angry, who actually calls me for my full name.)

I'm a Spanish young woman (when you are between 25 and 30 you still can refer yourself as "young woman", right?) Anyway my story with Enterprise began around three-two years ago, when I watched "Horizon". I've never liked "Star Trek" (please, don't throw rocks against me, please) but I liked that show and specially Trip and T'Pol. I thought "Mmmm... something goes between this two". Unfortunately, when I searched more information in the net I should end in a A/T shipping page or something, because all the episodes where about them. Obviously I didn't watch the show anymore, bacause I thought those two where going to end together or something (and because to me they have as much sexual chemistry as a truck and a jellyfish, I didn't want to witness the disaster.)

Fortunately, four months ago, everything changed. I don't know how I discovered Trip and T'Pol were really lovers and I began to read about them (not just the official stuff but fanfics too, great fanfics.) That's when my obsession started. I've never been a shipper, but for these two I am. I've done videos and even LJ icons (for God's shake) and, of course, I ended writting about them. I have no shame :) But I felt a little lonely because no other around me shared my liking, so what was my surprise when I discovered this place! I've been lurking some time and when I've saw people here seems nice and adequately nuts :) I've decided to post.

This loooong post just to say "hello". If anybody has any doubt, yes, I'm very talkative :lol:

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:26 pm

WELCOME!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi Eli :-D
There are actually others on LJ who also like TnT stuff, friend me (coffeecat77) and also rigil_kent, and skypilot_dlm - we'd all gawk at yer icons.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:59 pm

I've been enjoying Escriba's work at fanfiction.net already, and I'm glad to see she's introduced herself. She has a very interesting AU story going on over there which I hope she will start posting here.

You're much more polite than me, Eli, because I don't think I ever have introduced myself. :)
Bienvenidos!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Gracias

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks Asso for the help about possible professional careers :) Now, politician... Mmmm...

There are actually others on LJ who also like TnT stuff, friend me (coffeecat77) and also rigil_kent, and skypilot_dlm - we'd all gawk at yer icons.

They are few and not very good, but I'll put together all of them and publish them in a post in my LJ. That's way it'll be easier, because my LJ is in Spanish and the icons are a little scattered (not much, just a little.) Then I'll friend you :)

Thanks for the nice words Alelou, I owe you to know about this place (you wrote something about it in one of your chapters at ff.net.)

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HopefulRomantic » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:32 pm

Escriba wrote:...to me they [Archer and T'Pol] have as much sexual chemistry as a truck and a jellyfish, I didn't want to witness the disaster.

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: I've never seen this sentiment expressed quite so...vividly.

I recognize your name from ff.net as well. Welcome! :)

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi there, Escriba, and welcome! :wave:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Return to “General Chat”