Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: American TV sucks

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:07 am

The Australian Broadcasting Co. shows some BBC stuff, and while the British can make good TV, they also seem inclined to make insanely weird TV. (Of course, I'm an ending fanatic so I dislike a multitude of loose ends. Especially important loose ends.) Their Jekyll and Hyde was insane. We just watched the finale of Life on Mars which was good but also weird.

Drogna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Re: American TV sucks

Postby Drogna » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:41 pm

JadziaKathryn wrote:The Australian Broadcasting Co. shows some BBC stuff, and while the British can make good TV, they also seem inclined to make insanely weird TV. (Of course, I'm an ending fanatic so I dislike a multitude of loose ends. Especially important loose ends.) Their Jekyll and Hyde was insane. We just watched the finale of Life on Mars which was good but also weird.

I loved Jekyll , especially the weird bits. It was written by Stephen Moffet, the same guy who wrote the best Doctor Who episodes of the last couple of series (IMO) - The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, Girl in the Fireplace and Blink.

Life on Mars was pretty good too. We've now got the spin off - Ashes to Ashes, which is also rather strange but pretty good. It's set in the 80s rather than 70s and Gene Hunt and his team have moved to London. I do miss Sam Tyler though and I wish they'd decided to do another series of Life on Mars, but I'm actually happier with a couple of unexplained loose ends for this one. It fits with the show better than having everything neatly tied up.
Work in Progress:
Number Theory - Desert Rose Universe
Recently Completed:
Songs in Red and Grey - Special Projects Series
Blood, Sweat and Tears - Stand Alone

Return to “General Chat”