Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby Alelou » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:42 am

If you're running a good fever, throwing up, miserable, can't straighten out, and have unrelenting localized pain in your lower right side, call 911. (DON'T be an idiot like I was at 24 and try to drive yourself to the hospital.) As I recall what finally made me get in the car and go to the hospital was the realization that I was moaning. Don't drive for two excellent reasons: 1) Driving while moaning in pain sucks, and 2) You might have to wait your turn in the emergency room. You should never drive yourself to the hospital in a real emergency.

If you're not running a fever, able to lie flat, and the pain is only intermittent or responds well to basic medication, it's probably not right on the verge of bursting. But I'd get it checked out tomorrow if it continues. Pain means something.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:57 am

Nope no fever or throwing up or stuff like that and I can lie flat and I don't take any meds. I feel better than yesterday actually. And I can't drive anyway. I'd have to take the bus (which takes like hours :roll: :? ) I can't get it checked out tomorrow though because the free clinic doesn't take walk ins :? :( only appointments and they're always booked for like months ahead anyway. :?
ImageImage

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:10 am

It could just be really bad gas then, but keep in mind that's hardly a qualified opinion on my part. If it's just gas, laying on your back and tucking your legs up into a tight fetal ball should help to relieve the pressure and help you to pass it.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:22 am

That's what I'm kinda hoping that it's just like gas or something, but then again I really don't know because the pain feels like stabby not gassy :? :dunno: it doesn't feel like "pressure". :?
ImageImage

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:26 am

No fever is very good news if you're worried about your appendix, and so is feeling better than yesterday. And it's very common to have stabbing gas pains in that region, believe me.

BUT -- You need to try to find a job with health insurance, T'Poptarts! When I had my surgery I had just found a decent full-time job after substitute teaching for awhile. They'd tried to get me to take on a long-term substitute job with no benefits and I turned it down in favor of the one that had health insurance, even though the substituting was more career-related and paid slightly more -- and all I can say is THANK GOD. I could have been paying that surgery off for years. The other thing is to check your state insurance programs. Many states have programs to help low-income people buy insurance cheaper, and especially for someone young and healthy it can be relatively cheap.

And THEN make sure you vote for someone who supports making health insurance more available to all Americans this fall!!!!!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:43 am

It just doesn't feel like any "gas" I ever had that's why I'm still kinda worried, and like the pain kinda comes in waves so it's just weird. :? :dunno: I hope it goes away. If it doesn't I guess I'll go to the free clinic on Tuesday (and then make an appointment for like next year or whatever they have available :? :roll: :faint: )
ImageImage

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:17 am

Another whine: AND SPEAKING OF GAS!! Not me. But DUDE!! My stupid annoying cagemate Termite (I named her Termite because she walks like a Thermian) who "thanks" to my sucky luck just had to take the frelling top bunk above me. Like HOLY FATHER OF LOGIC THAT LADY FARTS MORE THAN FRELLING TERRANCE AND PHILLIP!! Constant bombing. Seriously. Loud nasty farts every few seconds. All the time. And I'm not even kidding. :? :shock: :upchuck: :bitch: :explode:

You know what I really kinda wish right now that I have gas. Big nasty gas. Then I could bomb the stupid bitch right back and blow her off her frelling bed. :evil: :twisted:
ImageImage

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:56 am

TPoptarts wrote:It just doesn't feel like any "gas" I ever had that's why I'm still kinda worried, and like the pain kinda comes in waves so it's just weird. :? :dunno: I hope it goes away. If it doesn't I guess I'll go to the free clinic on Tuesday (and then make an appointment for like next year or whatever they have available :? :roll: :faint: )

There are nervous conditions that can affect your intestines and cause stabbing pain. Nervous bowel syndrome for instance. You might also have something called diverticulitis, which basically means (if I am not mistaken) that you have some spots that have been rubbed rubbed raw on the inner lining of your gut. Kinda like getting a hot knitting needle stabbed through your belly button.

Or it could be something very serious. If it has lasted more than just a few hours, you definitely need to get your foolish young self to a doctor. Go To The Emergency Room. Explain To Them That You Are Broke And In Pain. Ask Them For Advice.

They are used to this. It is routine for them. They know exactly what to do and where to point you. There are people on staff at every hospital whose JOB it is to advise broke patients of their options for getting money help. Go talk to them. Get some help.

NOW!
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:24 am

I'm scared :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageImage

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:51 pm

TPoptarts, take yourself to the damn hospital, and have them check you out if you are still suffering. We dont want to lose our friend. :hug:

I'm fed the f*** up with people messing with our gear. Take today for instance, we had some dude who I've never even met, coming in and 'helping' with concert set up. He didn't introduce himself, no one told us who he was, and he didn't have a visitor's pass. Damned good way to try and get yourself arrested, pal. We later discovered that this guy's name was 'Tim' and that he had been called in to give us a hand. I wouldn't normally have a problem with that, but no one told us about it. If he'd have just sat down and told us who he was, and what he wanted to try, then we'd have gotten along just fine. But he didn't, and this meant that he changed a couple of settings on our EQ, creating an immense feedback loop and nearly toasting our front of house amp. Great. Why are we always kept in the dark and fed bullshit? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :evil: :evil: :evil:
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:14 pm

Doctors are not so bad, TPoptarts.
Among them there's someone who is worth, at least a little bit, I think.
Go in the hospital, please.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Please go, T'PopTarts. Please?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Ochie T'Poptarts!

Please go get looked at! :/

On another note. I'm so sick of not having time to waste time.

I miss my Trekkie friends! What's worse is I don't know what new stories have been posted. :(

I wanna go back out to Pittsburgh and visit with JustTripin and go star gazing! Grrrr.

Stupid work!
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:12 am

TSara wrote:Ochie T'Poptarts!

Please go get looked at! :/

On another note. I'm so sick of not having time to waste time.

I miss my Trekkie friends! What's worse is I don't know what new stories have been posted. :(

I wanna go back out to Pittsburgh and visit with JustTripin and go star gazing! Grrrr.

Stupid work!

Let me invite you to contemplate this question.

What exactly are you working FOR?
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:34 am

I have only read the end of this thread, but an appendicitis is a life-threatening thing. If your symptoms match those on WebMD, GET TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM. You can sort out the rest later.

My son had an appendicitis on his eigtheenth birthday. He got sick at school and got himself home. When I got home, he said "google appendicitis." I came down the stairs and said, that's what you have. When they checked him in, they asked him some routine questions then got him in bed and hooked up to some IV or something. The were totally prepping him for surgury, just waiting for the doctor to come in and confirm. Everyone was sure it was an appendicitis just from the checklist. He checked in at like 7:00 and had surgary at midnight. They were very no-nonsense about this!!!!!

I repeat, based on a list of symptoms, they simply started processing him for surgery!!!! GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM IF YOUR SYMPTOMS MATCH THOSE ON WEBMD!!!!!

THIS IS A MOM speaking to you. I am used to bossing people around. GO! GO! No we don't want to loose you!!!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “General Chat”