"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: "Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:13 am

Wg, sorry for that. I threw in tholos as a hint. He did shoot his mouth off to T'Pol and I thought it would embarass Shran even if he didn't say anything.

Having what he needed, the Paad that proved that there was a station hidden in gthe monestary he could destroy it and provve the Vulcans had broken the treaty he would be a hero in andoria.

Think that both shran and Tholos would think a Vulcan female was ugly even if she is as beautiful as T'Pol and t'Pol is supposed to be green even if JB wasn't on the series.

Up again? I shot by bolt on that one.

Sb
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:36 am

You can handle it :hug: anyway I'm just in pain and stressed out.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:28 am

Oh no, this is the second time I've jumped in out of turn. At this rate I'm going to get known as the one who couldn't guess. But since SB sort of gave the game away with his one, I'm going to play the joker again:

“You're coming, right?”

Noncommittally, “Perhaps.”

“You've got to come. You'll love it. 'She's alive! Alive!'.”

He seems undaunted by the eyebrow.

“It's not like you can read this one. You've got to come!”

“I have a considerable quantity of data to analyse, but if I ...”

“No way! You're not missing this just to analyse some old scans. You're coming and that's final.”

Silence. But as the doors open she draws two fingers gently down his cheek before swiftly stepping out.

I clear my throat softly.

Who knew a human could go that colour?

I want to know which episode it was, and all four names involved. Yes, all four. (If you can't guess who the narrator is, I'll let you get away with just the other three.)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:37 am

Well aren't you pushy Cogito :-p 4 people huh... I think I know the narrator and :trip: and :tpol: are a given but 4? I have to think a little. But I do know the MOVIE! Even if I've never seen the movie it's Bride of Frankenstine. And because I have no qualms about cheating all I had to do was type in the movie in Memory Alpha so I know the episode. Which I will not say until I figure out the other 2 people... You do so like to mess with us. When on earth are you going to post a real fic?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Trip and T'Pol, certainly. Perhaps Phlox. But the last? got me. this is a good one.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:20 pm

I thought of Phlox too. But from what I can tell there is one narrator, talking about 2 people. 1+2=3 not 4. I flunked math regularly but even I know that. So I'm still trying to work this out. At least I got the movie right.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Okay, it is movie night. Bride of Frankenstein. Perhaps the episode is Horizon. NOt sure. Fourth one Archer? Trip, t'Pol, Phlox, Archer. that is four.

SB

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:56 pm

You've both guessed it, without realising. I guess I wasn't clear enough with the question.

Trip and T'Pol were in the turbolift discussing Bride of Frankenstein. Those are your three names.

The person standing quietly behind them, who saw the affectionate Vulcan kiss from T'Pol as she left and caused Trip to go bright red with embarrassment when he realised they had been seen, was Phlox.

And the episode, of course, was Horizon.

I did wonder about leaving out the quote from BoF and see if you could guess from Trip's oblique reference, but I thought that would be too mean. Judging by how quickly you both guessed it, I suspect I could probably have left that out and you'd both have got it anyway. Well done both, I'll let you fight over who's turn it is to go next.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:26 pm

I know where I screwed up! I assumed 4 names mean 4 people. That was my mistake not yours Cogito. Okay I'm going to let SB go first because I was raised with proper manners and to respect my elders. :hug:

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:20 pm

I too have proper manners: Ladies first is how I was brought up. So, WG you are up.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Drat this whole respecting your :wise: thing means I can't say no. <pout> Oh well, let me think...

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Well done WarpGirl. I just wanted to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Okay ladies and gents here it is! I want the narrator, his companion, and the episode. I can't believe I finally did it so happy. :D

All my life I've known the stars. I'm not an explorer, they are my home. When I joined Starfleet and went to earth for training it was tough. I loved seeing things I'd only read about or seen pictures of. The ocean, sunrises, sunsets... But underneath the excitement and wonder I was restless. I'm a born nomad, and staying still was painful. Thank god for the girl in my arms because without her I would have never made it. I never thought I'd see her again. I can't help but wonder are the stars still home, or is it her?

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:11 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Okay ladies and gents here it is! I want the narrator, his companion, and the episode. I can't believe I finally did it so happy. :D

All my life I've known the stars. I'm not an explorer, they are my home. When I joined Starfleet and went to earth for training it was tough. I loved seeing things I'd only read about or seen pictures of. The ocean, sunrises, sunsets... But underneath the excitement and wonder I was restless. I'm a born nomad, and staying still was painful. Thank god for the girl in my arms because without her I would have never made it. I never thought I'd see her again. I can't help but wonder are the stars still home, or is it her?

Oh, I like that one. You've captured his restless nature perfectly. It must be Travis, and Gannett. Would that be in Terra Prime, or did she come in earlier?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:18 pm

I captured :travis: perfectly? :rotflmao: Yeah ummm I don't think so because as my little chat with ek has revealed I think :travis: is boring. :lol: IDK I've always been terrified of writing :travis: more so than :archer: because although I do not like :archer: you know exactly what kind of person you're dealing with. :travis: you just don't know.

Anyway as to the guesses... Yes, yes, no. Sorry the scene Travis and Gannet are in was not in Terra Prime. You are however extremely close.

Fics

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”